It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coronavirus stimulus checks reportedly get sent to dead people

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ColoradoJens

The IRS probably went by registered voter rolls.
Bet all the dead recipients voted for Hillary in the last election.
edit on 16-4-2020 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: IAMTAT
1.) Dead people are gonna need a lot more stimulus to start working again.

They should stock the shelves with them. Solves a few problems.

A lot depends on their expiration dates.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: MarlbBlack

There are people saying that their deceased mother/father have received stimulus in their bank accounts

Banks keep accounts open for people that are deceased, weird.

Not weird at all. In fact, it's pretty common actually. My Mom's bank account is still open and she passed nearly three years ago. We use it to pay for things related to her estate. When the funds are exhausted we will close the account.

If we were to take the money from the account and close it, this would be considered a distribution from her estate and therefore subject to estate taxes (which are like 50%), which would make no sense.

However, now that I've read this phenomenon, it is probably worth looking to see if this happened with her account also. If so, obviously, we would return the deposit...because we're honest like that, and maybe it would help someone else.
edit on 4/16/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
All this shows is that government data systems are not joined up. This is a good thing because it proves the lie that the government have vast data systems thet are used against us.

Perhaps they should ask Google to distribute the cheques because their data systems are almost certainly more complete and accurate than the governments, eh?

Well Snowden can just come on back home with no worries then eh? I mean if its a lie then the government will just leave him alone right? Right?

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Ah thank you sir for a better explanation as to what I gave, you might want to check but seeing as they are going off 2018-19 tax returns correct? You will probably be ok, hopefully.

ETA: as long of course if her name wasn't on anything filed in that time frame?
edit on 16-4-2020 by MarlbBlack because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

No it just follows typical government stupidity, if they owe you money, they'll always # it up, if you owe them money, they'll hunt you to the end of the earth and you'd better not # it up.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 09:26 AM
link   

When my Mother passed away I was the Executor of her estate. I had to keep her bank account open for almost two years after her death.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Now we can backtrack and see who will be voting for Biden in November 🥳 🤫

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Red States -- But most of the poverty is in the heavy Democrat pockets 👁️ 🐽 👁️

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarlbBlack

A little further down in the article,

However, a 2010 audit found some deaths were reported after the administration certified the stimulus payments, and the SSA “relied on questionable data” or failed to review all available records — such as the “Numident for death information,” which is used to compile the Death Master File.

Approximately $12 million in mistaken payments from 2009 was never returned, the Journal reported.

Don't ya think they would have learned from this mistake a bit? And looked back at last older "stimulus packages?"

I think they are in too much of a rush to get the money out to care about that less than 1% that goes to dead people.

We are talking about up to 6 trillion dollars they just created, 50 million or so is a rounding error.

edit on 16-4-2020 by proximo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 09:47 AM
link   
No different than any government program or government agency. A certain level of waste and fraud will always be present. Some of it will be caught, some of it won't. A handful of idiots will go to jail for just being so dumb to the point they are telling everyone on social media of how they did it.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Gov is gov with all the Obama leftover implants and sabotage !! 🎱

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 09:51 AM
link   

There are people saying that their deceased mother/father have received stimulus in their bank accounts

For a year after my mother died we kept her bank account open, till everything was finalized with the estate. Till all the money was split up and the house was sold. The account paid all of the taxes on the house. She got no income other than the interest off of the savings and checking account. My brother and I were both authorized to write checks on the house. Having a checking or savings account for people after they die is actually common till all the estate stuff is completed. I have been the administrator of three estates of my relatives.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarlbBlack

A little further down in the article,

However, a 2010 audit found some deaths were reported after the administration certified the stimulus payments, and the SSA “relied on questionable data” or failed to review all available records — such as the “Numident for death information,” which is used to compile the Death Master File.

Approximately $12 million in mistaken payments from 2009 was never returned, the Journal reported.

Don't ya think they would have learned from this mistake a bit? And looked back at last older "stimulus packages?"

$12 million?. It would have cost more to go through the records and correct. Most anyone who gets money for a dead person will be paying it back on their 2020 taxes. on a scale of 1-10 for this being a problem, it is below 1.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I’m all for helping out the people who need this money to help pay this months bills.

On that note, I’m wondering if this whole set up is to help bail out the banks or at least keep banks afloat under the guise of calling it a “stimulus check”? Most everyone I’ve heard said they are either paying bills I.e. Mortgages, car loans, business loans etc, pretty much loans from banks. The others are stashing the money in their bank accounts by saving it for emergencies, again money in the bank. Government paying this check to those who’ve had died, really helps the banks out right? Hold on to the money and hope nobody says anything? We bailed out the banks and too big to fail companies back in 08, are we doing the same but in a sneaky way?
edit on 16-4-2020 by 38181 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I see, 50% tax on deceased estates if payed out is excessive if not a complete scam. Those dirty pricks in government really do have their fingers in every pie...

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
I'll say it. If this happened under Obama, people here would be up in arms. But since it's under Trump, the hypocrites will be silent.

It did happen under Obama. Everything that looked fishy and suspect started with Obama, and people were definitely up in arms. (The proverbial up in arms, not the real thing which was sorely needed).

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 05:41 PM
link   

I guess the government should have conducted an exhaustive audit and waited 60 days to send the stimulus payments, like the Obama Administration did in 2009.

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

ya well to some people 12 million isn't so much... that was just the sum that journal posted... I myself find it sickening when someone says oh that will happen there is overflow for that..... wtf?
really why didn't they learn or is it really being sent to someone else? you think I'm going to self isolate, lockdown or whatever they call this BS? I just went to the store it was seriously like a true friday at the supermarket... sure I saw a few masks, not on most of those workers though... this is a #ing scam of all scams

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

The treasury just announced that 99% of the deposits got to the right people. Of course the way Society is, it's the 1% that make the news.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join