It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coronavirus stimulus checks reportedly get sent to dead people

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Seems some people that have passed away are getting stimulus checks.

Deceased Stimulus

There are people saying that their deceased mother/father have received stimulus in their bank accounts, also a widowed woman said she received the full amount of 2,400$ for married couples whose husband passed last year. People are asking what to do.

On Wednesday afternoon, the Internal Revenue Service website didn’t have guidelines for the payments sent in error to the deceased.

A few comments below the article, Well they somehow voted while deceased so might as well get the stimulus as well right?

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 04:59 AM
link   
All this shows is that government data systems are not joined up. This is a good thing because it proves the lie that the government have vast data systems thet are used against us.

Perhaps they should ask Google to distribute the cheques because their data systems are almost certainly more complete and accurate than the governments, eh?

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 05:03 AM
link   
I believe we are finally going to see some proof of life after death.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

A little further down in the article,

However, a 2010 audit found some deaths were reported after the administration certified the stimulus payments, and the SSA “relied on questionable data” or failed to review all available records — such as the “Numident for death information,” which is used to compile the Death Master File.

Approximately $12 million in mistaken payments from 2009 was never returned, the Journal reported.

Don't ya think they would have learned from this mistake a bit? And looked back at last older "stimulus packages?"

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 05:07 AM
link   
a reply to: MarlbBlack

There are people saying that their deceased mother/father have received stimulus in their bank accounts

Banks keep accounts open for people that are deceased, weird.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Somewhere in there you have to account for the fact that this is horribly run bureaucracy and always have been.

Yossarian is a good google search.

edit on 16-4-2020 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I know when my grandmother passed my mother had to deal with a lot of stuff as in selling her house and paying off passed debts and it was a good year and a half before everything was said and done. So yes there are things to deal with after a loved one passes.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Well, if they can vote, they can get a check...

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 05:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Goedhardt
Well, if they can vote, they can get a check...

Especially in RED states!

As it turns out, it is red states that are overwhelmingly the Welfare Queen States. Yes, that's right. Red States — the ones governed by folks who think government is too big and spending needs to be cut — are a net drain on the economy, taking in more federal spending than they pay out in federal taxes. They talk a good game, but stick Blue States with the bill.

Take a look at the difference between federal spending on any given state and the federal taxes received from that state. We measure the difference as a dollar amount: Federal Spending per Dollar of Federal Taxes. A figure of $1.00 means that particular state received as much as it paid in to the federal government. Anything over a dollar means the state received more than it paid; anything less than $1.00 means the state paid more in taxes than it received in services. The higher the figure, the more a given state is a welfare queen.

Of the twenty worst states, 16 are either Republican dominated or conservative states

www.businessinsider.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: ColoradoJens

And this is why I put this in the mudpit lol, knew it was going here real quick.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I'll say it. If this happened under Obama, people here would be up in arms. But since it's under Trump, the hypocrites will be silent.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Ha! I didn't even notice that, good call.

Your point is spot on though. We have no oversight over any of this. It is going to be a cluster.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInsite

Well I wasn't aware Trump was pres in 2008-9 when that stimulus package was revealed, if you read the article or the thread you would see this has happened before eh? Keep that TDS up in arms though!

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ColoradoJens

I agree, what's the term? FUBAR? seems we just wash, rinse, repeat. Pretty strange times indeed.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tortuga
I believe we are finally going to see some proof of life after death.

WHAT IF I WOULD TOLD YOU THAT ZOMBIES ARE HERE

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInsite

It did happen under Obama dipsh*t.

It just goes to show the ineptitude of Govt.

And you silly leftists want to give govt. complete control over your healthcare and day to day lives.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

So by your logic it is not the Presidents fault or is Trump a dip# like Obama?

Seems to be happening now too...it was Obamas fault then but now it is the government and not Trump's fault...seems to almost make sense in a really foggy way

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 06:50 AM
link   
1.) Dead people are gonna need a lot more stimulus to start working again.

2.) The IRS is an Independent Agency...and only Democrat Presidents can make it do corrupt things.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Weird how we have a Republican President when this exact thing is happening.

Gov is gov.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
1.) Dead people are gonna need a lot more stimulus to start working again.

They should stock the shelves with them. Solves a few problems.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join