It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michigan sheriffs announce they will not violate US Constitution

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 05:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: FlyingSquirrel

Was informal polling conducted to determine what percentage of the protestors were Republicans or Democrats or Independents?

Wasn't it obvious?

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

Thats informal enough for me. Once again Trump supporters rescue the USA!

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Follow your President.The election is over.You have a duty as a Patriot.Your representative State has cast its vote and you are required to honor that vote as are all Amreicans.

Statehood does not equate to "freedom to enact civil unrest hat can only lead to a a coup-de-tat because you feel sour about how things are going".

Follow your established mandates the correct ways....there is an Election just around the corner...if Michegan or anywhere else wishes change they may vote for it,sorry for your luck to be Americans you pasty little babies....thank whatever god you worship that you have Mr.Trunp President trump in your corner......do not let the baby eating satan worshippers and their handelers ruin your beautiful Country,

Patriots..step up and away from any and all discourse and trouble makers.....do not fight them simply ignore them and allow them to be free to express but do not be poisoned by them, follow your President and trust your Countries integrity......because for the first time since JFK was murdered America is again building INTEGRITY on the World Stage.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

I love the last picture of a single black guy holding the sign that says, "Go Home Redneck". That is excellent, if I was there, I'd say to him, "I've been indoors a lot, but check it out, is my neck red enough to go home now?"

Still I'd be praising him for showing up with that sign, it's quite humorous IMO.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: one4all

Follow your President.The election is over.You have a duty as a Patriot.Your representative State has cast its vote and you are required to honor that vote as are all Amreicans.

Someone untangle that. It's almost 5:00 am and I am seeing ghosts...

follow your President and trust your Countries integrity......because for the first time since JFK was murdered America is again building INTEGRITY on the World Stage.

JFK and Trump in the same sentence. I am seeing ghosts. What does "trust your countries integrity" mean? Just the "integrity" of one side or is that inclusive?

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 06:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColoradoJens

follow your President and trust your Countries integrity......because for the first time since JFK was murdered America is again building INTEGRITY on the World Stage.

JFK and Trump in the same sentence. I am seeing ghosts. What does "trust your countries integrity" mean? Just the "integrity" of one side or is that inclusive?

Sides we brought together by the Vote....there are NO SIDES.....lol....you are trying to normalise rebellion and un-Patriotic behaviour.....you are trying like mad to build "sides" where none can possibly exist....you are just a crap disturber....trying to build walls that can never be built.

What kind of American Patriot tries to make it seem like there are still two "sides" after a president has been voted in an is Standing?......we all know that NO AMERICAN PATRIOT WOULD DO THIS.....again …… just an observation.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Hmmm. Don't confuse sheriff, police, and state troopers. Different types of animals.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: one4all

Sides we brought together by the Vote....there are NO SIDES.....lol....you are trying to normalise rebellion and un-Patriotic behaviour.....you are trying like mad to build "sides" where none can possibly exist....you are just a crap disturber....trying to build walls that can never be built.

What kind of American Patriot tries to make it seem like there are still two "sides" after a president has been voted in an is Standing?......we all know that NO AMERICAN PATRIOT WOULD DO THIS.....again …… just an observation.

I guess I got confused by your call to action.

Seems perhaps you are the one who brought up "sides"

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

Excellent post

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMALLYETALLIAM

The phenomenon of politicians not caring about people in rural areas is not unique to the US. Here in Australia they only remember we exist when we're in the middle of a raging inferno (bush fire).

This is a fantastic display by these sheriffs and may just be the start of government employees refusing to enforce tyranny.

Boy do I know, I live in a small aussie town and they throw money at people to keep local businesses open, how do you spend money in local business when most of their employees are in self isolation???

Typical right wing ideology-throw money at something and the problems magically go away. Idiots.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

a reply to: ColoradoJens
And just fyi, "You" are not the last line in Defense of "my" liberties, but thanks for the grandstanding.
Edit to add no idea why the quote function is so messed up - sorry about that

Once again you're attributing things to me that I never said. I quoted the press release from the sheriffs where they made the statement. Talk about grandstanding. I don't know what the fixation is with doing this but it's turning into a pattern.

Keyboard warrior is a term, but you're using it incorrectly. Discussing politics is not being a keyboard warrior. You see I'm discussing government actions and public figures, but you're discussing me. You are for some reason convinced that I'm some other person or group of people that you've interacted with.

You're essential not expressing any real opinion on things and just flinging poo. It seems like your smart enough to articulate an opinion but for some reason you refuse to do it. It takes a bunch of effort to get you to make any kind of real comment.

Yes, there are a whole number of things that have been going on for some time. I'm also very much interested in civil asset forfeiture and invasion of privacy through domestic spying. Those things will still be going on. Those things aren't this topic and it's not the same as politicians acting like feudal lords and ruling over the citizens in their fiefdom like they're property.

I'd suggest the title of the story, thus the title of the thread is a redundant statement thus making it sensational.

I don't think the hyper sensationalism is doing anyone any good.

Okay troll. Let's walk down memory lane on sensationalism.

Republican Horrified to Discover that Christianity is Not the Only Religion. I particularly like that the very first response says your title was false and misleading.

New Xbox by NSA partner Microsoft will watch you 24/7. Are you playing your XBOX or is it playing you!

TSA Let 25 Illegal Aliens Attend Flight School Owned by Illegal Alien. Now here is some sensationalism. Twenty-five illegal aliens in flight school that didn't actually do anything.

So not liking authority is fine so long as it's the authority of your choice. When it's a liberal governor you think we should be fine with it. Sensationalist keyboard warrior and a hypocrite. Bravo!

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 07:13 AM
link   

I can see why this would upset those on the left.

They probably are people who think rights are granted by the government.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 07:15 AM
link   

a reply to: ColoradoJens
And just fyi, "You" are not the last line in Defense of "my" liberties, but thanks for the grandstanding.
Edit to add no idea why the quote function is so messed up - sorry about that

Once again you're attributing things to me that I never said. I quoted the press release from the sheriffs where they made the statement. Talk about grandstanding. I don't know what the fixation is with doing this but it's turning into a pattern.

Keyboard warrior is a term, but you're using it incorrectly. Discussing politics is not being a keyboard warrior. You see I'm discussing government actions and public figures, but you're discussing me. You are for some reason convinced that I'm some other person or group of people that you've interacted with.

You're essential not expressing any real opinion on things and just flinging poo. It seems like your smart enough to articulate an opinion but for some reason you refuse to do it. It takes a bunch of effort to get you to make any kind of real comment.

Yes, there are a whole number of things that have been going on for some time. I'm also very much interested in civil asset forfeiture and invasion of privacy through domestic spying. Those things will still be going on. Those things aren't this topic and it's not the same as politicians acting like feudal lords and ruling over the citizens in their fiefdom like they're property.

I'd suggest the title of the story, thus the title of the thread is a redundant statement thus making it sensational.

I don't think the hyper sensationalism is doing anyone any good.

Okay troll. Let's walk down memory lane on sensationalism.

Republican Horrified to Discover that Christianity is Not the Only Religion. I particularly like that the very first response says your title was false and misleading.

New Xbox by NSA partner Microsoft will watch you 24/7. Are you playing your XBOX or is it playing you!

TSA Let 25 Illegal Aliens Attend Flight School Owned by Illegal Alien. Now here is some sensationalism. Twenty-five illegal aliens in flight school that didn't actually do anything.

So not liking authority is fine so long as it's the authority of your choice. When it's a liberal governor you think we should be fine with it. Sensationalist keyboard warrior and a hypocrite. Bravo!

There's at least 20 more in there worse than those. I appreciate you being easy on me.

Im sorry you feel like the world is coming to an end. It already has changed and won't be back to what you knew. You now have a choice it seems.

Get on with it or don't. Also upload some pics from the protest. It would be interesting to see an insiders view point.
edit on 16-4-2020 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I was considered a limp-moderate until they thought about it with my opinion on the matter:

Do what needs to be done, shut it down, shut it all down...just know that when it over that you are all out on your asses because we cannot leave those in power that took and used such power at this time.

Some only saw “do what you think you need to do” without seeing “in the end you can either quit or be executed on the spot” as the result, thus they only saw weakness...and not a darker nature to it.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

And the applause and appreciation she's getting for it is nauseating.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
I was considered a limp-moderate until they thought about it with my opinion on the matter:

Do what needs to be done, shut it down, shut it all down...just know that when it over that you are all out on your asses because we cannot leave those in power that took and used such power at this time.

Some only saw “do what you think you need to do” without seeing “in the end you can either quit or be executed on the spot” as the result, thus they only saw weakness...and not a darker nature to it.

Once I walked in a protest with 2 million people at one time. Didn't change the Governments stance on Iraq after 9/11.

Do what you think is right. Protesting is your right. I have no issue with that at all.

Sometimes it is effective in affecting the issue and it is always a good practice.

Voting locally is important as is getting involved with your community.

Sticks and stones are ok with me. I think in a couple of weeks we will be on the mend.

A slow, long haul never getting back to what we had mend, but restrictions will slowly start to ease.

Good thing you guys don't have the South Dakota Gov right?

edit on 16-4-2020 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Throwing money at a problem is not a right/left ideology.

It's how most governments work and justify their existence.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 08:48 AM
link   

The Sheriff is the LAST elected law official left in the US. It's good to see them speak out. Unlike the state police and city police who can be fired on a whim if they don't do as the elected politicians demand. The Sheriff is voted for by the people. Not so easy to rid of them by corrupt politicians.

Glad some of them are speaking out, because it jarred my memory of Joe Biden trying to start a movement to get rid of Sheriff's.

Wonder why Joe?

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 09:40 AM
link   

I commend these sheriffs for standing up for the citizens they made an oath to protect. Like many sheriffs in Washington that made a stand against new gun laws, these four in Michigan are the epitome of what it means to uphold your oath to the Constitution. From the article:

A group of sheriffs announced they will not enforce some of Democratic Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer's executive orders on the same day thousands ralliedagainst state-mandated shelter-in-place orders outside the state Capitol in Lansing.

Sheriffs Mike Borkovich, Ted Schendel, Ken Falk, and Kim Cole of Michigan's 101st District released a press statement Wednesday afternoon detailing what they said was their decision to place their oath to the Constitution above the Whitmer's wishes.

With their willingness to go public I hope that more law enforcement leaders will get on board either in support of this notice or to release their own statements. There is an absolute obligation for all public servants to uphold the Constitution and reject illegal attempts to curtail it. I'd love to buy them all a beer just as soon as the bars are open.

The four sheriffs promised to continue abiding by social distancing guidelines as they attempt to reopen parts of Michigan that have not been affected as badly as the Detroit metro area, where more than 20,000 cases have been reported.

I think this is one of the main issues for people in Michigan. Why are rural areas locked down when the virus is running rampant in urban areas? Why is it that anywhere liberal policies proliferate a one size fits all approach screws people in rural areas? We all know the answer in rural America. They just don't give a s%#t because we don't elect them.

I'd like to think that Whitmer would see that to continue down this path is folly, but she's proven incredibly resilient to reason. The 15,000 people protesting in the streets she dismissed as a "political rally". She doesn't seem to understand a "political rally" against you is actually called a protest. I suspect, like Inslee did in Washington, the power of the AG will be bandied about and the sheriffs will be threatened. The sheriff's will stand their ground backed by the overwhelming support of the citizens.

After all of this, given her nearly superhuman efforts to alienate voters, I'd not be shocked to see her being on a short list of DNC VP picks.

Finally some semblance of sanity is beginning to emerge!

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 09:47 AM
link   

a reply to: Gothmog

Well, the title of the thread should give you an indication. Police are going to uphold the constitution so snuggle in safely.

If it goes a lot longer we'll see not just protesting but rioting. But it won't.

I'm sorry but...
the health experts are all recommending martial law light
for the next 18 months until a vaccine is out to the general public and 18 months is the soonest estimate

Cuomo hinted at an 18 month "rolling" lockdown, until there is a vaccine
Fauci also is endorsing an 18 month lockdown, or rolling lockdown, state by state
the CDC is also endorsing an 18 month lockdown
all contingent on a vaccine, which normally takes 18 months just to get past the FDA testing and then longer to manufacture 330MILLION doses for the population of the US
nypost.com...

YES many "experts" are saying there will be no end to the martial law light for 18 months minimum

I recommend as many of us as possible write our elected officials about how we feel about being under martial law light for an indefinite period of time that might end in 18 months after the food supply is destroyed, the supply chain destroyed, and the population demoralized and rife with mental illness caused by isolation.

Go online and find the "contact" information for your Governor, Congressperson, Senators (2), the President and the titular head of the DNC Pelosi. It is there and is the very best place to "protest" and let your feelings be known. I had a friend who was a Senator's aide and he said they counted every letter/email as the sentiment of 500 other people in their state to gauge the thinking of the population.

Here is Pelosi's contact - she is the titular head of the DNC www.speaker.gov...

Here is Trump's contact - www.whitehouse.gov...

You will need to look up the rest for where you live, but it is VERY easy to do.

Enough voters scream the people whose livelihoods depend on votes will start to listen.

edit on 4/16/20 by The2Billies because: addition format

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join