It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Governor Whitmore‘s response to protest

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Our governor has shown her true colors once again, bending and twisting the words as politicians do.
she has made it a political spectacle about her self while protecting herself. Standup for your rights the momentum is building

She did not mention, Nor did she acknowledge the grievances from the actual people of the state. I knew she was a piece of #, but I never expected her to give this type of response ( she’s gone full dictator ) and apparently she will extend past April 30th (ironically) as she put it in the article.
edit on 15-4-2020 by SeektoUnderstand because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-4-2020 by SeektoUnderstand because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: SeektoUnderstand

KEEP THE MOMENTUM, even if you are not in Michigan. WE MUST keep the MOMENTUM! Voices heard, are louder than any news article. But we must ensure we are heard.

+14 more 
posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Crap like this, is why I settled in Idaho.

The weather sucks, eight months out of the year... but, very low population density.

We have had a total of four cases of Chinavirus, in our entire county.

Michigan's governor, is a liberal whack-job. She has banned motor boats and jet-skis, but canoes and sailboats are OK... seriously? Seems like she is using the Chinavirus, to push the "Green New Deal".

You folks in Michigan... you have every reason, to be royally pi$$ed.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 09:03 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Did you go?! Waiting on my tags, damn car isn't legal I doubted I could make the hour drive without getting arrested by the badgers. I am so proud of my state being the first to protest the lockdown. "It was political." Yeah, it has to be after you made the start of quarantine political.

The first thing I heard of Covid (on TV) was Whitmir "explaining" the situation to us. Which was, "Orange man BAD. ORANGE MAN'S FAULT." I'm hoping she's stupid enough to resist Trump opening the State up. Her career will be over. Probably wouldnt make it through to 2021.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Lookout for those Pitchforks Girly , WE THE PEOPLE are Coming for YOU ! ..........

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Must have worked. She's like an injured sow.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I have this awesome mental image...

It involves Gov. Whitmer, dressed in green... yelling at the President...

"Get outta my swamp!!!"

Then she yells at the democrat mascot... calls him "Donkey"...
edit on 15-4-2020 by madmac5150 because: I shreked up

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Observation. She has gained a considerable amount of body mass since elected. I seriously doubt she can maintain this stance much longer. She obviously likes comfort food and nice clothing. Buttons and zippers will start breaking and she will have no access to clothing that she must try on due to her fluctuating mass. Online won't work because by the time she buys it already "grew" out of it. I feel confident she will come to her own personal affirmation that she is a compounding lard ass and needs clothes that fit and calms the fvck down.
edit on 15-4-2020 by Stupidsecrets because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Non google link

Its pretty astounding really..

I swear, people could show non-compliance and follow the "rules" of social distancing (cars. theyre in cars.) and itd be 100% guaranteed that wed have some random.. maybe even manufactured.. footage of some small group clustered together.

That lil bit o footage would then be plastered everywhere and wed have folks devour it as they say "look! they are betraying the common good!" "I saw it with my own eyes!"

Its not even tough to pull off such a fabrication. Honestly, our perception of any given event can be thoroughly shaped with maybe a couple dozen videos posted online. As long as they cover all the bases for each major bias set.. None of it needs to have happened at all.

Clearly not saying the gridlock rally was "fake," though Id have my suspicions about any footage that portrays it in as poor of a light as possible.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 09:19 PM
link   

.....and all the while she had this fake smile on while she said it.

She doesn't care how much damages she causes with her actions. We get there is a Pandemicand we have to take precautions. Her ideas are just too much.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

You Do Realize that once the Country as a WHOLE is Reopened , People Will Still Fall Prey to the Virus but at Least they will be Ready for it and take Precautions Without Government Dictates .

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Christ how was she elected. The stupidest thing I've heard all month. God I hope we sack this crazy itch-bay. How on Earth are the democrats going to protect her? How did that reporter's face stay straight as she said that? (Rhetorical, definitely rhetorical.)

What an embarassment to the Mittens. Gonna have to make my pilgrimage to the Michigan Great Lakes and rinse the filth of Whitmir's rule from my naked body when she passes from Lansing.

God damned disgrace is what she is. I see her face every day when I look in the bowl after sh!tting. Boo this woman.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 09:31 PM
link   

The lady is bat poop crazy . This is her big power trip because the michigan house and senate would not give her what she wants . She is a poster child of the Democratic party and I hope Biden chooses her so we can get rid of her.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 09:34 PM
link   
www.mlive.com...

“It wasn’t really about the stay-at-home order at all,” Whitmer said. “It was essentially a political rally, a political statement that flies in the face of all of the science and all of the best practices from the stay-at-home order that was issued.”

“They absolutely impacted peoples’ lives today and threatened peoples’ lives,” Whitmer told CNN. “We’ll never know the precise number of COVID-19 cases that come as a result of this gathering, but we know that there will be some.”

This is a pretty sick away for an elected leader to talk about her constituents when they are practicing one of our most time honored and cherished beliefs... to protest our government when we think they are wrong.

It really doesn't matter if she is fundamentally correct or not about her policies or the dangers these protesters might have exposed others to; she handled the situation completely wrong and in a way that should only help to amplify the situation not reduce it.

Humility is something severally lacking in our governments today; its time for some old fashioned tar and feathering to teach it to them.

edit on Wed Apr 15 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: SOURCE ADDED IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Well.. Id even argue that lockdowns of the full population might make things worse in the long run, even if we are dealing with everything happening here at face value.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Every American should keep in mind that powers not outlined in the Constitution of the United States as pertains to government do not actually exist and are only "recommendations".

Unfortunately, our educational system has been hijacked for some time and they are currently teaching and have been teaching our children to defy common sense and just do what they are told via common core.

I will tell you one thing and you had better listen. If you ever let the left take the guns, if you ever support that in any way then YOU are selling our country into slavery that is no different than that of the Hitler, Stalin or Mao. They will never go all the way until the guns are gone, no one ever does but once they are..........

Your forefathers gave all they had to fight for our independence. Your grandfathers died to protect the world from ethnic cleansing. It shouldn't be too much to ask that you remember that your an American and teach your children what that really means.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 09:53 PM
link   

I had a bet just this morning that she would use the snow today as an excuse. I'm about to collect!

Seriously, so she has no idea that seeds have to be started now to have any hope of getting a good growing season in Michigan.

I guess no one in Michigan ever goes to the UP between October and June because snow is scary and means I can't drive.

I'm sick of her patronizing interviews explaining things she is completely clueless about.

ETA: she also essentially admitted her draconian crackdown was redundant since no one plants, landscapes or drives to their second homes during April in Michigan anyway because snow.
edit on 15-4-2020 by Identified because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I have a buddy in Michigan. He thinks she is doing a great job.

He says just because people cannot use their boats or buy seeds in big stores, they are being ridiculous.

IDK. I don't live there. I think it's a straw and camel thing. Keep taking away liberties and at some point, as silly as it may look on the surface, people take action.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 10:07 PM
link   
It's all silly pretty sure normal protocols and precautions for the elderly on chemo treatments would have sufficed. We have extensive sterilization procedures for my Dad while he went through chemo treatments, we had a UVC3 light wore masks when ion the room with him, he wore mask and we had gloves and other measures as he was sometimes on TPN.

Masks, Wash Hands, Isolate the at-risk and get the fook back to work. Persons that want to or need to stay at home certainly can. I'd wager 60% of the population is already infected it's just they had no symptoms, minor symptoms or just beat it like the regular flu and went on.

We got an 80-year-old mom and we got her well taken care of, but not for long if we can't make a living. Out of work for 8 weeks and they still pulled my tax payment plan for March and April, after trying to get it deferred you can't get through to IRS on the phone for nothing have been on hold for hours every day I've called, I know they are slammed. I haven't missed a payment in 7 years a little consideration would go a long way I know I'm not alone likely millions in the same boat. Ironically if you haven't filed you can still get a payment, which I get but don't punish the people that are working every month to pay everything off.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join