It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump threatens to invoke constitutional power to adjourn Congress

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Intelligent Conservatives who can Read and Write

I couldn’t find one for this comment either. You guys are living in the wrong century.

danke meinherr.............)

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: Lumenari

Obama wore a tan suit and conservatives lost it. Surely you jest.

Obama wore a tan suit and one network and two talk shows that the left considers conservative virtue signaled.

Actual conservatives didn't notice, because who cares?

Keep up.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Yes, the people who get upset are those who think something isn't in the Constitution when it actually is. "He can't do that, it's illegal!" Lol.

That being said, Trump is saying this to get a reaction from people, just like his comments about him having the ultimate power in declared emergencies.

He sets the stage for things he wants far in advance. That his opposition hasn't figured that out yet, still baffles me.

They are always reactive to his actions. They just don't get it.

edit on 15-4-2020 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 09:38 PM
link   

After all, conservatives are generally the ones that understand the Constitution in the first place...

I looked for a picture of a facepalm big enough for this comment but I couldn’t find anything close.

Perhaps you should check your birth certificate where your father was supposed to sign.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 09:46 PM
link   
The President of the United States of America is a Representative of the People first and foremost.....THIS POWER IS ENTRUSTED TO HIM BY THE PEOPLE FOR THE PEOPLE.....this is an over-riding power...thank god because Trump just finished slam-dunking an attempt to use Indictment via weaponised political processes to execute a "soft-coup"...… if the opposition has been poisoned by external influences on multiple fronts which is exactly the case here....just like with the Fake News you must shut them all down at once....and Trumps opposition is OWNED LOSCK-STOCK-BARREL by private interests EXACTLY LIKE MSM OUTLETS ARE OWNED BY PRIVATE PROPOGANDA SPEWERS.

I say shut em down ASAP....they have been compromised by proxy of influences stemming from the attempted "soft-coup" or Impeachment of the Standing USA President.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

After all, conservatives are generally the ones that understand the Constitution in the first place...

I looked for a picture of a facepalm big enough for this comment but I couldn’t find anything close.

Perhaps you should check your birth certificate where your father was supposed to sign.

No need. Your comment about Mitch Mconnell will suffice nicely.

It’s not every day you guys just come straight out and state how out of touch you are. I usually have to go to the Q thread to read a comment like that.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

No need. Your comment about Mitch Mconnell will suffice nicely.

It’s not every day you guys just come straight out and state how out of touch you are. I usually have to go to the Q thread to read a comment like that.

~Yawn~

I'm not a "you guys".

As far as out of touch, how is that Hillary Presidency going for you?

And I'm not a "Q" "kinda guy" either, so don't project your family's personal problems on me.

Mitch McConnell, for the record, is owned by China and should probably go to Gitmo for a little debriefing.

Anything else you want to project my way?

I'll leave what I really wanted to say out of this because I just realized we're not in the Mudpit.

Have a happy night and I hope you are "feeling" better.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
Can he legally do it?

constitutioncenter.org...

Section 3
He shall from time to time give to the Congress Information of the State of the Union, and recommend to their Consideration such Measures as he shall judge necessary and expedient; he may, on extraordinary Occasions, convene both Houses, or either of them, and in Case of Disagreement between them, with Respect to the Time of Adjournment, he may adjourn them to such Time as he shall think proper; he shall receive Ambassadors and other public Ministers; he shall take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed, and shall Commission all the Officers of the United States.

Pretty clear he can only adjourn congress if a dissagreement about the “Time of adjournment” between the house and senate occurs. Though he does have the power to convene them in extraordinary occasions.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil
That being said, Trump is saying this to get a reaction from people, just like his comments about him having the ultimate power in declared emergencies.

This is what I believe. He doesn't have the cojones to actually do these things. He will say them though, only to distract from the terrible, terrible job he and his administration are doing with regards to the coronavirus pandemic.

He will say anything to avoid looking bad.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234

originally posted by: pavil

This is what I believe. He doesn't have the cojones to actually do these things. He will say them though, only to distract from the terrible, terrible job he and his administration are doing with regards to the coronavirus pandemic.

He will say anything to avoid looking bad.

You do realize that you are a part of the 25% of America that thinks that way, right?

Wish you luck on your Presidential hopeful this year.

You may want to get out of that bubble you live in and look around, talk to normal people, stop watching the television.

CNN does not reflect the norm.

Which is why they are currently being beaten in ratings by the food network.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: JimERustler

I thought Trump loved having "acting" officials, so he didn't have to bother with getting congressional approval. I thought he like working with bare bones staffing, because it's saving tax payers so much money, he said. Government's too big and bloated, he said, when asked why he wasn't filling so many vacancies.

How many nominees that Trump has put forward has the Senate refused to confirm? 2? Geez they've confirmed judges who got "unqualified ratings" from the ABA, who have never tried a case, never presided over a court hearing or a court case, etc.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I say my popcorn supply is stocked.
May he go with the grace of God
Too bad Obama did not close Gitmo
EDKH

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

How many nominees that Trump has put forward has the Senate refused to confirm? 2? Geez they've confirmed judges who got "unqualified ratings" from the ABA, who have never tried a case, never presided over a court hearing or a court case, etc.

Sources?

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: one4all
The President of the United States of America is a Representative of the People first and foremost.....THIS POWER IS ENTRUSTED TO HIM BY THE PEOPLE FOR THE PEOPLE.....this is an over-riding power...thank god

So the USA are a despotic democracy? One man is "entrusted" to command as he wishes?

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 01:13 AM
link   

The crooks in Congress won't let that happen. Place needs to be fumigated.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 02:52 AM
link   

You're going to need the facepalm equivalent of an atomic wedgie.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 03:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: grey580

" Imagine if Obama said this. Conservatives would be hopping madder than an apoplectic Rumplestiltskin with a bad case of St. Vitus Dance. "

Ah , no , I cannot Imagine that considering Conservatives are Not trying to First Bankrupt , then Destroy America which the Leftist Dems are Currently trying to do .

Its amazing you folks still see it as one side bankrupting the other.

Its ONE side bankrupting you

but feel good you voted in that one guy who is bankrupting you because he said some stuff about some mexicans

or islam

or how there were some good folks in Charlotte.

Or made fun of disabled people live on the tv.

Why not admit he is literally everything you despise and the lets get on with it. They divide with social stuff while robbing us blind - both sides.
edit on 16-4-2020 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 05:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: moebius

originally posted by: one4all
The President of the United States of America is a Representative of the People first and foremost.....THIS POWER IS ENTRUSTED TO HIM BY THE PEOPLE FOR THE PEOPLE.....this is an over-riding power...thank god

So the USA are a despotic democracy? One man is "entrusted" to command as he wishes?

One man is entrusted to enact the wishes of the People.

Not the wishes of the Fake News...MSM has been disempowered already....they are experiencing tunnel vision as we speak and will soon be gone forever as we have known them in our lifetimes.....do you doubt me?

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I guess i don't understand why time and time again these senators and representatives get a pass on not working or being available when they are needed. It just isn't this situation or even just during Trump's office. Stuff like this has happened many times before where they are free to sit at home and do nothing or call recesses during times of need. If they are not working why should they get paid when other Americans they are supposed to represent are stuck at home with many being laid of and in dire financial situations.

I think the President should give them three days to report back to work or go ahead with the order, and looking back if the same situation did occur in Obama's administration I would do the same thing. During one of the most trying times of our country during my lifetime there is no excuse they cannot be at work unless they themselves are sick.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Charliebrowndog
I guess i don't understand why time and time again these senators and representatives get a pass on not working or being available when they are needed. It just isn't this situation or even just during Trump's office. Stuff like this has happened many times before where they are free to sit at home and do nothing or call recesses during times of need. If they are not working why should they get paid when other Americans they are supposed to represent are stuck at home with many being laid of and in dire financial situations.

I think the President should give them three days to report back to work or go ahead with the order, and looking back if the same situation did occur in Obama's administration I would do the same thing. During one of the most trying times of our country during my lifetime there is no excuse they cannot be at work unless they themselves are sick.

They don't need to do much, the people just bicker about what they do while championing their side, if they go on a paid holiday the people still cheer their side, so congress get a free pass to do very little and have extended holidays while high fiving each other, patting each other on the back saying nice work.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: ntech

Looks black on white to me. He should pull the trigger and let the Supreme court decide. Better yet force them to convene. Their only excuse not to be there is running a fever and then a Corona virus test followup.

While leaving today's press briefing, President Trump turned back to say tomorrow (Thursday) will be a very big day.

Let's hope he's re-signing. I'd rather have Nixon...even President-"falling-down- Ford"..

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join