It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

According to models Trump will be responsible for an estimated 54,000 deaths

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 06:21 PM
link   

In cases like that of the novel coronavirus, for which we have neither an effective treatment nor a vaccine, interventions must go back to the basics, including simply keeping individuals from one another by prohibiting large gatherings, closing schools and asking people to stay at home. The graphic above illustrates the extraordinary effect that the timing of social distancing policies can have on an outbreak’s death toll.

On March 16, the White House issued initial social distancing guidelines, including closing schools and avoiding groups of more than 10. But an estimated 90 percent of the cumulative deaths in the United States from Covid-19, at least from the first wave of the epidemic, might have been prevented by putting social distancing policies into effect two weeks earlier, on March 2, when there were only 11 deaths in the entire country. The effect would have been substantial had the policies been imposed even one week earlier, on March 9, resulting in approximately a 60 percent reduction in deaths.

According to a the New York Times, using models from the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation at the University of Washington, estimate that the total US deaths due to COVID-19 would have been 6,000 instead of the current estimate of 60,000 had the white house instituted its social distancing guidelines 2 weeks early than it had.

That calculates to Donald Trump being responsible for an estimated 54,000 deaths through his slow initial reaction.

This will clearly by a sticking point in the upcoming election. Will the American people believe this statistical information or will they instead believe the resulting deaths are largely the fault of circumstance?

www.nytimes.com...
edit on 15-4-2020 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

+46 more 
posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Not the virus that causes the deaths, Mother Nature won't be responsible.

It's Trump that caused the deaths.

Get a grip man. A grip on reality.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

In cases like that of the novel coronavirus, for which we have neither an effective treatment nor a vaccine, interventions must go back to the basics, including simply keeping individuals from one another by prohibiting large gatherings, closing schools and asking people to stay at home. The graphic above illustrates the extraordinary effect that the timing of social distancing policies can have on an outbreak’s death toll.

On March 16, the White House issued initial social distancing guidelines, including closing schools and avoiding groups of more than 10. But an estimated 90 percent of the cumulative deaths in the United States from Covid-19, at least from the first wave of the epidemic, might have been prevented by putting social distancing policies into effect two weeks earlier, on March 2, when there were only 11 deaths in the entire country. The effect would have been substantial had the policies been imposed even one week earlier, on March 9, resulting in approximately a 60 percent reduction in deaths.

According to a the New York Times, using models from the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation at the University of Washington, estimate that the total US deaths due to COVID-19 would have been 6,000 instead of the current estimate of 60,000 had the white house instituted its social distancing guidelines 2 weeks early than it had.

That calculates to Donald Trump being responsible for an estimated 54,000 deaths through his slow initial reaction.

This will clearly by a sticking point in the upcoming election. Will the American people believe this statistical information or will they instead believe the resulting deaths are largely the fault of circumstance?

www.nytimes.com...

Those numbers will be hit in 2 weeks.

+29 more 
posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

Anyone who blames Trump for deaths themselves is ridiculous. This was a virus that was going to make its way here one way or the other.

I will be critical of the kind of spending we did though. That's absolutely bonkers.

+22 more 
posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I blame china... for everything. If they can't study a dangerous virus and keep it contained then don't mess with viruses in the first place.

+45 more 
posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Same people calling Trump a racist for stopping air travel from China first?

How retarded.

+9 more 
link   
If anyone is blaming the president, then they must also blame governors as well because they could have done things in their own states.
And people should be responsible enough, not only with this virus, but any time someone is sick with something contagious they should stay away from others.
Was Obama to blame for all of the deaths from H1N1?

link   

"Will the US believe the proven unreliable and biased New York Times opinion which is based on one of many differing, disjointed, and disagreeing models... or will they believe their own eyes and realize we're basically seeing the flu sans the flu vaccines we've only had in common usage for about 15 years?

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchandwait410
I blame china... for everything. If they can't study a dangerous virus and keep it contained then don't mess with viruses in the first place.

What the hell does that have to do with the fact that countries like America and England were slow to react? At one point, trump and Johnson were joking and not taking it seriously when the virus first hit both countries. That's not China fault, but very bad leadership.

+12 more 
posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 06:30 PM
link   

But how do they reconcile the fact leftist were calling Trump racist / xenophobe when he was shutting down travel from China due to the virus?

This is the problem...

Trump shuts everything down, he is a racist.

He does nothing, he is responsible for deaths.

He does something and deaths are not as bad, then they will blame him for ruining the economy due to shut down.

He opens up the economy, they will hang every death on his neck.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

But how do they reconcile the fact leftist were calling Trump racist / xenophobe when he was shutting down travel from China due to the virus?

You're asking how someone using damned if you do, damned if you don't would reconcile their target doing the opposite of what they actually did? The answer is obvious, the damning process will occur regardless the choices made because that's the whole point of the strategy.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 06:33 PM
link   

I thought it came from pangolin pate and batwurst?

Is that not still the 'official' narrative? Asking for myself because I don't watch MSM and I don't have frands.

As an apathetic non-voter my whole adult life, I am voting Trump just because the epic smear campaign that has been launched against him, and apparently continues.

#IsMyPresident

edit on 15-4-2020 by DietWoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Donald Trump.....

Is there anything this man can't do?

Or be blamed for by the left....

Trump 2020!

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: DietWoke

I thought it came from pangolin chops and batwurst?

Now they're throwing stray dogs against the wall in hopes they stick as the cause of the Coronavirus. The media and the self-aggrandizing intelligensia are trying anything and everything to deflect form the clear fact: The Peking Pestilence came from a Chinese lab as a mostly failed bioweapon... at least it would have mostly failed, had the majority of the world not jumped to their feet the minute China and the media pulled their strings and told them to start panicking.

link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
Same people calling Trump a racist for stopping air travel from China first?

How retarded.

So, here’s my take on that one-

It wasn’t a complete ban, it was a half-assed ban that applied to the Chinese only. Americans were still allowed to travel freely. So I can see WHY people cited it as racist. Clearly, Americans are not immune to this, so why would they be allowed to travel freely, bringing the virus just the same.

I’ve tried looking up reports of who called it racists to see if there were any other things mentioned when they choose to bust out that word, however, not much comes up aside from Trump complaining about people calling him racist. If you ask me, it was a half-assed and a dollar short, opening up the field for people to call him racist. I should also add, I find that word heavily overused and often misplaced.

link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Donald Trump.....

Is there anything this man can't do?

He can't stop himself from triggering the easily triggered nothings largely populating the nation's urban centers.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Shouldn't those deaths be on the hands of the State Governors? Hell the UW should know better since Inslee had just toyed around with doing the right thing until it became clear people were beginning to blame him.

Here's a thought, why don't we all blame the W.H.O. since they dragged their feet on calling this a pandemic? They should have demanded social distancing at the global level back in November when even Trump could see that this was going to be bad. All Trump did was allow the state governors to deal with their states. It's a shame more states didn't take this serious because of the W.H.O. down playing it, while Trump was calling it out (like most of here were doing).

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I'm 50/50 on blaming Trump, the one thing he did not do that sticks out like a sore thumb to me is he didn't completely shutdown the airlines sooner, and I'm talking about shutting them down in the same manner as when 9/11 happened.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Yawn.
More cowardice and blaming from those that would do nothing about it but sit in their safe places and REEEEEEEEEEEE.
Big surprise.
edit on 15-4-2020 by BoscoMoney because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: JHumm

If anyone is blaming the president, then they must also blame governors as well because they could have done things in their own states.

Anything and everything any governor did was with the tacit approve of President Trump. He said so. So, any mistakes that they may have, or are making, are on him.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join