It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Wuhan boiwarefare lab a viable target of a strike by the world by right of self defense

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: machineintelligence
a reply to: Jay-morris

As I stated in a previous post that was my knee jerk reaction. I prefer a more reasoned approach. Armchair soldier, I am not. Seasoned vet and military contractor here. There is always more wars to fight.

Use some common sense! What would happen if America bombed a facility in China? Some people are just itching for this, and it's annoying as hell!

There is always more wars to fight

And who's fault is that?

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Having been involved with shutting drug labs in this manner I can tell you the chance of contagion is low. The heat of thermobaric is about 4,000 to 5,000 degrees, nothing makes it through that. It is basically a high explosive wrapped in thermite.

edit on 4/29/2020 by machineintelligence because: entry error

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris

And who's fault is that?

Likely my employers.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence

Naw.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I have since done a target analysis and a kinetic strick of any kind is not advisable. The position would require a flight from ROK. The target is weirdly in a densely populated area. Why would you put a level 4 facility in an area so densely populated?

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 12:51 PM
link   
they positioned the lab next to the market, so they could go virus shopping when needed. also easy access to human test subjects for the research.

edit on 00000041253412America/Chicago29 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 12:54 PM
link   

So its a less viable target i suppose.

Bombing level 4 biohazard facility is a stupid idea akin to taking out a nuclear reactor core only less predictable imho.

And then there is the matter of real unequivocal proof to consider.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 12:57 PM
link   
would an anthrax tipped war head be a more rational option ?

If it were up to me, I would just choke out the CCP through economic redistribution of their global assets. quite ironic that the communist redistribution philosophy will bite them is the ass.

You have two cows... and a bat.
edit on 0000004010441America/Chicago29 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: rom12345
I did consider that. What if the world cancels its debt with China and returns production locally and just stop trading with them?

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Gee, what a terrific idea. Let's take a situation with almost universal agreement that China was the antagonist and deserving of condemnation and punishment.....and spin it 180 degrees, making China the victim of "Western Imperialism". It's almost like I'm reading a script straight from Beijing, directly from the Chinese counterintelligence cookbook. Heck, then it becomes much easier to sell a war with the West domestically. "See! They hit us first." So, no; I don't think so. Forgive but don't forget, that's my motto. This is a 3 act play, and we're just sitting down after the intermission. Plenty of time before the curtain call. Now that the US public is waking up to the depths to which they have been played, I'd say the first volley has been served. The response will come in due time, only it will be on our terms and our schedule.

ps I smell a rat.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Low perhaps, but certainly not not existent.

If it's more than zero, negative Ghost Rider.

Some of the bugs in a Level Four facility are well past the point of terrifying.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 09:31 PM
link   
How

a reply to: seagull

Having been involved with shutting drug labs in this manner I can tell you the chance of contagion is low. The heat of thermobaric is about 4,000 to 5,000 degrees, nothing makes it through that. It is basically a high explosive wrapped in thermite.

You shut a pharmaceutical lab with an airdropped FAE? Lol. Riiiight

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Seems many are itching for WW3..if you want to die..just go find a bridge.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris

Yeah, let's start ww3, just so arm chair soldiers can get a kick out of it! Absolutly ridiculous idea!

In theory, a World War III, like WWII after the Great Depression, would give the USA's economy a massive boost. With the proviso that it used conventional warfare, of course. Otherwise, it's Adios Mundo.

But yes, of course it's an OUT THERE idea - absolutely insane - but the above reasoning does make sense to some in a time of economic collapse.

Perhaps because the British economy suffered so terribly for ten years after WWII, we tend to simply sup a cup of tea and calmly reflect instead:

"Dashed awwwwwful business with the Wuhan chappies down there, what? Oh, well, never mind... Care for another muffin before they get rationed?"

edit on 29-4-2020 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ConfusedBrit

I think there are going to be many countries who see a "not much left to lose" scenario if this drags out and economies tank. All the emotive finger-pointing by government officials around the world is not encouraging. I think there are people itching for a war as the "easy" way out of a mess they created by incompetent governance-- I'm not talking about random internet posters, but they may be a barometer of sorts for public opinion.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

I didn't drop it and it was not an FAE it was thermobaric. Older technology and likely a prototype for a live test nearly 30 years ago. I would hardly call an underground lab for making coc aine in Columbia a pharmaceutical lab. All I did was call for fire and my friend Mark lit it up with a laser designator. Not exactly a heroic deed. Just a contract.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 11:42 AM
link   

The target is weirdly in a densely populated area. Why would you put a level 4 facility in an area so densely populated?

I would bet that it wasn't nearly as dense when WIV was built in 1956. The lvl 4 was added because WIV is China's primary virology centre.

We have a agricultural & animal husbandry study plot in my city. It was not 'in the city' when it was built, but it is wayyyyyy 'in the city' now. No one, at the time, thought the southwest corner would explode into the largest residential zones of the city.

Same residents now complain, and start yearly campaigns to have it closed. It is a very importantl study plot, so it never will.

Just what happens when time and large upfront costs collide.

If you ever hear of a virus coming from Northern Canada, I would bank on it coming from there.
edit on 30-4-2020 by peck420 because: (no reason given)

What luck! Wuhan, being quite the innovation centre, has a few urban studies on Wuhan.

www.mdpi.com...

When WIV was first built, it would have been on the outskirts of the city. If you view the full text, and scroll about halfway down, there is a lovely map comparisons.

edit on 30-4-2020 by peck420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert
a reply to: ConfusedBrit

I think there are going to be many countries who see a "not much left to lose" scenario if this drags out and economies tank. All the emotive finger-pointing by government officials around the world is not encouraging. I think there are people itching for a war as the "easy" way out of a mess they created by incompetent governance-- I'm not talking about random internet posters, but they may be a barometer of sorts for public opinion.

And the people call for a strike in China have never seen conflict. Closest they have got is most prob playing video games

It's madness that in this day and age, so many people are brainwashed by their government to think something like this is ok.

Will we ever learn!

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   

I didn't drop it and it was not an FAE it was thermobaric. Older technology and likely a prototype for a live test nearly 30 years ago. I would hardly call an underground lab for making coc aine in Columbia a pharmaceutical lab. All I did was call for fire and my friend Mark lit it up with a laser designator. Not exactly a heroic deed. Just a contract.

Dropping a thermobaric weapon generates a big push and high temperatures inside your fireball, but heat drops at a square of distance. So what you're doing is creating enough pressure to break walls and pushing some heat (much more than a conventional HE) which past until your chemical-reaction ("explosion") stops, but not enough to kill everything in the containment facility. That's fine for a drug lab dealing in chemical production. We don't have to neutralize every bit of chemical agent to destroy such a lab and stop production. Whatever surviving chemical gets sucked up in the air and dispersed. Probably in nonlethal concentrations.

But with a pathogen (and some of the more potent chemical agents) any surviving pathogen/bioagent is going to be sucked right back into atmosphere and dispersed. I don't need high concentrations of a deadly virus to kill people. They self-replicate inside people. The worst will then spread to other people.

So what we really need is an actual ADW weapon. Which may or may not exist. A lot of work has been done on HTI warheads producing extremely high, persistent heat combined with secondary ADW chemical reactants (say it makes chlorine and/or flourine as a result of chemical processes...) That's what you'd need...

And even having one to use, still ignores the whole angle of attacking a sovereign nation, who is both a rising global power and is quite proud, and the "fallout" from that....

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 05:46 PM
link   

This is most interesting thing I've seen you type in this thread. Tell us more.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join