It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State Department leaked cables renew theories on origin of coronavirus

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
No one hears about the Hong Kong protests any more, wonder why?

Social distancing.

Unironically

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

And don't forget about the CCP version of stay-at-home/shelter-in-place by welding doors shut to the govt housing buildings and coming back in a couple weeks to check on people.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

A member has given you an applause for your post in "State Department leaked cables renew theories on origin of coronavirus".

I'm skeptical of any and all governments right now.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I am thinking that it was an accidental escape of a virus they were working on in the lab. I think they were trying to identify different ways the existing virus might mutate and figure out how to fight it. The fact that they identified it's dna signature so quickly, meaning they knew what to look for, gives us a clue they were working on it. They also knew pretty fast what might be effective on it, but it may have already mutated a bit when it got out so it changed a tad.

I do not think that the world should hold China accountable either way, if they do then maybe every country should be restricted from purposeful mutation of microbes including some microbes they use to make medicines. This virus might have been something they were trying to use to alter microbes to make meds, does anyone know what they were doing in that lab in China? Was it a Lab used to create meds or chemicals used in industry? or was it just a medical research lab studying microbes and diseases?

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: CIAGypsy

It's scary to think what Secretary of State Hillary Clinton leaked to China via her unsecured computer system!

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker
thanks
imo there is a large amount of stink bait being cast
it will be interesting to see what it catches

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I am thinking that it was an accidental escape of a virus they were working on in the lab. I think they were trying to identify different ways the existing virus might mutate and figure out how to fight it. The fact that they identified it's dna signature so quickly, meaning they knew what to look for, gives us a clue they were working on it. They also knew pretty fast what might be effective on it, but it may have already mutated a bit when it got out so it changed a tad.

I do not think that the world should hold China accountable either way, if they do then maybe every country should be restricted from purposeful mutation of microbes including some microbes they use to make medicines. This virus might have been something they were trying to use to alter microbes to make meds, does anyone know what they were doing in that lab in China? Was it a Lab used to create meds or chemicals used in industry? or was it just a medical research lab studying microbes and diseases?
Did you manage to watch this video?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

I think they're either trying to keep people distracted, or they just have so much to focus on they're like an ADHD kid with a chores list.

The last thing I'd believe (unless thoroughly convinced) is that they are capable of anything that resembles competence right now. I'm sure they'd just love to have something to blame all the problems on right now, while not demanding too much evidence.

Now, I'm not trying to make excuses for China... They're a real sh** tier government. Could they have done something like this? Sure... The notion "they got screwed too" doesn't make me doubt their capability since communists don't care about their people.

But I'd certainly have to see some evidence... I'm done with taking intelligence agencies at their word.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I'm done with taking intelligence agencies at their word.

amen
add government and media to that list for me

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Bigger Conspiracy:

The Virus is a modified bio weapon with less impact.

It was (and still might be) released in stages at several strategic locations.

Now guess which groups around the World are involved and what their reasons are ? 😈

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
Beijing should be incinerated.

What for?

This virus means nothing to you. Its a hoax by the media, designed to mess up Trumps campaign, and besides, its less deadly than the seasonal flu according to some commentators on ATS....and besides people die all the time!!!

So why incinerate a capital city?

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Now guess which groups around the World are involved and what their reasons are ?

Muslims. we all know the reason.

Mutts (Americans), because we're awesome.

Japanese people, nearest threat.

The Danish, again, we all know why.

/s
edit on 14-4-2020 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 04:49 PM
link   

a reply to: CIAGypsy

Regardless if it was an accidental leak or one done on purpose, the virus was used to punish America for getting the better deal during trade negotiations with China.

This is Trumps punishment for "winning".

Yeah! that makes a lot of sense.....not.

There is evidence to believe that this 'novel' virus was cooked up in the 2015-2016 experiment that took place in Wuhan..that experiment was an international one, including Americans, Chinese, Japanese and likely Europeans.
Now do you think for a second, that any of the participants went home empty-handed?... and definitely not the Americans...one of who lead the experiment.
Why are you turning a thread like this into a ridiculous political sideshow..there's nothing funny about it at all, it's deadly serious...unless you think all the dead came from Disneyland in a 'toon'

Of course, if you want to turn the OP's thread into a circus, you sure are going the right way about it...that's a bother to me.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 05:06 PM
link   
China's failure to warn the world and self-isolate its loathsome self by closing its own borders to prevent the spread of the virus is absolutely an act of war on the rest of the planet. I like Chinese people, history, and culture, but the CCP is pure evil. The Great Wall of China needs to be expanded to surround the entire country and reach to the sky so nothing can ever pass again.
edit on 4142020 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Deal with it.

Not going to censor myself because you're offended.

I think the Chinese and many politicians here wanted this.

They wanted a collapse of our economy.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: neformore
and besides people die all the time!!!

So why incinerate a capital city?

They sure do. Let's start that process in Beijing.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 05:51 PM
link   
www.facebook.com...

Epoch Times doc on the CCP Virus, I thought it was pretty good.
edit on 14-4-2020 by av8r007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 07:32 PM
link   

a reply to: smurfy

Deal with it.

Not going to censor myself because you're offended.

I think the Chinese and many politicians here wanted this.

They wanted a collapse of our economy.

No you don't, you talked crap basically...just to sideshow the OP, and for no other reason, and of course ignored everything anyone else has posted, except those that make the politique.
I guess you never saw Trump at Davos January 2020,
"Our relationship with China has now probably never, ever been better," Trump said, adding that he gets on well with President Xi Jinping. "He's for China, I'm for the U.S., but other than that, we love each other."
"Today I'm proud to declare that the United States is in the midst of an economic boom the likes of which the world has never seen before," he said.
"The American dream is back, bigger, better and stronger than ever before," Trump added.

He didn't mention that China is still in the business of massive subsidising of state owned companies in the $billions-x
as opposed to much less buying, also in the $billion by China goods from America.. but relative peanuts nonetheless.

Remember this,
WHO constitution, adopted in 1948, envisioned a far grander global mission, nothing less than “the attainment by all people of the highest possible levels of health”
Trump wants to cut their funding as of now? Anyone wonder why?

It's simple, the WHO is not in the big league, not with a constitution like that, not even in a pandemic, it's too noble a cause...innit? Oh! and of course WHO slagged off Trump.
Then there is also this,
Cold hard facts..feck it, just read the link.
www.theguardian.com...

I always enjoyed your witticisms, but you've lost your funny. Sorry man!

edit on 14-4-2020 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 08:14 PM
link   
For what it's worth, I don't think anyone that has the power or ability to influence any real decisions wants or is even insinuating a war with China over CV... That would be beyond a foolish move...

There are many other FAR BETTER options to serve as punishment than war.... And China knows it.

Remember that China began silencing any and all information that would have provided a realistic picture of what this virus was actually capable of.... They would have had no reason to do that if it was a simple SARS type, run of the mill event.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Bigger Conspiracy:

The Virus is a modified bio weapon with less impact.

It was (and still might be) released in stages at several strategic locations.

Now guess which groups around the World are involved and what their reasons are ? 😈

The Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff says U.S. Intelligence agencies are investigating whether Covid-19 was released from the Wuhan China laboratory.

Source: twitter.com...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join