It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man waiting for $1,700 coronavirus stimulus cheque finds $8m deposited in account

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   
This story made me laugh. But we all know that there would be zero chance that he gets to keep a nickel, including any interest acquired.

In fact, knowing how the IRS works, I would expect that the man will be charged interest for "borrowing" IRS money and if he didn't tell the bank, no doubt he would have also been charged with felony crimes.

That is how our justice system works. They mess up, we always pay for all mess ups.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Sounds kinda crazy but I'd considering withdrawing all the money in cash, bury it somewhere safe, then when the Feds find out, plead guilty. Do the jail time. get out on good behavior in a few years. Then buy a shovel and pour yourself a MaiTai.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 02:42 PM
link   
That's money that could be going to someone else who needs it desparateIy. I would have given it back

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: NightVision

That wouldn't be easy.
It wouldn't fit in a little briefcase like on tv and no bank has that kind of cash laying around.
The bank would also report it as suspicious activity.

You better just wire the money to an off shore account.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
That's money that could be going to someone else who needs it desparateIy. I would have given it back

Like this government is ever going to budget jack squat. That "someone else who needs it desperately" is going to get theirs, regardless of whether $8 mil goes missing or not. That predates COVID... we're talking about the same collective of asshats, chuckleheads, and people chosen by other Americans as their representatives in DC who misplaced $21 Trillion

We're in Bonnie & Clyde days again. Anyone who steals from this government is OK in my book, seeing as how that government has stolen America's freedom, economy, and future they should feel blessed it's just money being taken from Uncle Sam and not his collective oxygen.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

haven't you heard the Federal Reserve is printing money hand over fist so there will be plenty to go round.

speaking of that wouldn't that devalue our dollar? could this all be about devaluing the dollar so there can be a squeeze put on china.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightVision
Sounds kinda crazy but I'd considering withdrawing all the money in cash, bury it somewhere safe, then when the Feds find out, plead guilty. Do the jail time. get out on good behavior in a few years. Then buy a shovel and pour yourself a MaiTai.

🤗

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: Doctor Smith

Withdraw it and run.

It’s not that hard to sneak into Mexico.

Yeah sneaking into mexico is the easy part, try staying alive down there while carrying 8 million in withdrawn cash, that’s 136 lbs of cash if it’s in hundreds.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Makes me wonder how many other people woke up to find $8M in thier bank account haven't said anything as yet...

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Strictly speaking I would have to agree, but there are reports that they are bailing out wealthy stock market investors that choose to game their savings instead of the needy. 1700 would be a pretty good chess rating on Lichess, but some people likely cheat and use computers. What did the firemen do with the money donated to the 911 first responder victims in NY.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantumgamer1776

Withdraw it and run.

Yeah sneaking into mexico is the easy part, try staying alive down there while carrying 8 million in withdrawn cash, that’s 136 lbs of cash if it’s in hundreds.

Nah, just need 8 of these...

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 05:34 PM
link   
So, functionally, HOW would you take the money and run?

-my penny-ante checking account only lets me withdraw $350 in cash every 24 hours. So that's $1400 by Monday morning (making another withdraw at 1 am on Monday)

I guess you could transfer money out to another account in another bank. I don' t have another account.

Try to buy stuff until your bank card maxes out. Go hit the sporting good stores or something.

At any rate you'd have trouble getting more than about 1700 of it out, and they'd just deduct that from your "correct" check. which you were waiting on in the first place.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

originally posted by: NightVision

🤗

Is that Morgan Freeman from that movie? 🙄 🤣

WOQ

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Now, if you checked your bank account and there was eight million dollars in it and you got a heart attack, could you sue the government? They are the ones who stimulated the heart attack.

Obviously the cause of death was Covid-19.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

I'd like to make a withdrawal..... 8 Million please

Unfortunately, my bank limits my daily withdrawals to $7 million a day. I'm just unlucky like that.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 09:02 PM
link   
But seriously though, the guy said he didn't know if it was the bank's mistake or the Federal govt.....well, if that happened to me the first thing I'd do is drive away from the atm, find a place to park, and check my acct. on my phone to see where it came from. I don't know.....

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

What I'm worried about is those living in tents. They don't have an address to receive funds. If they have a phone with a bank account they might be ok.

They could always print another 8 million. They could later take the notes out of circulation if needed to keep inflation down. Most of the money usually goes to the very rich anyway.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Withdraw it and run.

Haha my man, you said what we all thought.

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 12:57 PM
link   

The average person would be locked up for decades if they kept the money. While white collar criminals keep the money,

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: 11SK1180

That's sort of the entire reason why the smart person would have taken it and run. Obviously only a damn fool would have taken it and stayed put or, being honest here, not taken it and stayed put.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join