It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Future of War!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Could this be the future?

Robo-Cop

Will we ever see something like this? How long? How near to it are we?

Could this help Police places like Iraq if we were to make one?

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 09:17 PM
link   
LOL. Maybe look at the title of the site you found it on if yor not kidding!

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I remenber this video from a while ago. It was an independent film, and if I am correct this one was entered for CGI/Special Effects.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 11:26 PM
link   
hmm then what about something happening like in iRobot where they all turn on us, or maybe PreCrime is the way to go.(Watch Minority report-good movie)

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Wow that was very realistic indeed, i think we have just seen a glimpse of the future.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   
No offense, but the site doesn't look very serious. On the other hand if it was true, then it would be both good and bad. Btw, that robot running on the treadmill made me lol.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I don't think that the original poster thinks that its real. I think he presents it because its intersting and stimulating to discussion.

Indeed, robots are being usedin iraq. Not androids that look like people, but remote controlled gun and camera mounts.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   
i dont quite see the advantage of using a humanoid design over a vehicular one...

aside from being a little more maneuverable...

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I thought that that was beautiful but imagine armies of those could be created and all the rich business owners could create armies and take over the world with them. Not that good eh? I think they would be bloody brillant for the nasty work in Iraq though and they could pay those Iranian bastards back for 1980.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   
If we use these soldiers, than any rich guy could create them, like the above poster said. While they would be able to be trained very quickly and be very disciplined, how smart would we make them? How would we control the creation of them? How would we combat them if the first country to get them turns out to be a anti-U.S country?

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 11:04 PM
link   
It'll come when this is what will be our armies and will be our police. Whether it is 50 years away, or a century, or more, we will have this instead of humans. People, of course, will be for it, because eventually there is going to be World War 4 (I believe WW3 was Cold War, after all, the whole world could have been destroyed in a matter of hours). All wars and all losses of life will be used to make these come true. After all, losing parts isn't as bad as losing a human life, is it? Well, most humans see it that way. But that's another debate.

I think these would be better in the long run. I'm sure there would be restrictions on rich men buying them until governments start to disolve and Corperations take over. The government can't churn out money, they don't profit. Only their people do, and well, the Private Sector already owns the government, if they didn't, a poor person could become a Governor and such. Only people with money get places in life. These will be what happens in another century I believe. Maybe not as good as that, but, they could be used as a video game. One guy in a suite somewhere in a Granite Bunker using them as a simulation.,

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Thats a very good point rapid goose, it remains to be seen if ''intelligent'' robots can take the place of a human soldier in the near future but having a a real soldier controling these robot soldiers would work very well it is rather unethical though, so are many other things we do in life.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Hmm, I think that mass Nuclear War will come before this.

new topics

top topics

join