It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrat Mayor In My City Made A Really Idiotic Decision Allowing A Mass Gathering Of People

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 12:05 PM
link   
This news story should've made the national headlines.

I live in a suburb of Rochester, NY and this incident took place on Easter Sunday.

A triple shooting occurred in the city early Sunday morning that left one man dead. Later that day a large vigil took place on the street corner where the shooting took place.

At a press conference Monday, Mayor Lovely Warren says she drove by the vigil on Clifford Avenue and saw around 100 people.

“Knowing our community and knowing the passion and the need to mourn we decided that we were going to allow the community to come together yesterday to mourn the life that was lost,” Warren said.

www.rochesterfirst.com...

The police union president stated that the number of people at the gathering was closer to 200.

Mazzeo puts the number of those who gathered over 200. He says tensions in Rochester are high enough in the age of coronavirus, adding another reason to not permit such a large gathering.

“The State Attorney General’s Office] should come in and investigate this,” he said. “We need to know what the laws are and then we need to know where we stand. We’re going to be told to go out and clear gatherings or tell people to ‘social distance’ … At the same time, we allow something like this to take place?”

www.rochesterfirst.com...

Many people on r/Rochester are complaining about Mayor Warren's actions. Apparently, Warren conferred with the Rochester Police Department and decided to allow the mourners to gather.

What really pisses me off, is that her actions contradicts the message she made at a press conference held last Wednesday. At that press conference, Mayor Lovely Warren spoke with reporters about COVID-19’s impact on communities of color after Governor Cuomo says he wants to investigate ethnic and racial disparities in coronavirus deaths across the state.

This is what she stated at Wednesday's press conference:

Mayor Warren says given the demographics of Rochester, there is no ethnic disparity in the COVID-19 data yet. But that could change if the community doesn’t take the virus more seriously.

“What we do know is if we do not exercise social distancing, as well as stay home, we will see those numbers increase and see what is happening across the country happen right here in Rochester,” Warren said.

That’s why Warren says the city will be changing its messaging to target those communities.

spectrumlocalnews.com...

The original video of this incident is hard to find now. I couldn't find it on the local news channels websites, but I managed to find a link where you can see it. C LICK HERE to watch the original video from Facebook that was taken down.
edit on 4/14/2020 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Wow...... well I guess double standards and negatives are the thing now.

Will someone hand her a pamphlet on irony and hypocrisy.... thanks.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Pesky Democrats and their *checks notes........

right to assemble?

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Top New York Democrats are responsible for thousands of deaths in that state from covid-19. Sounds like a pattern of negligence.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   

I can sort of understand why you are upset, although, assuming you didnt go to the gathering, I am not really sure why you care. You were smart enough to avoid the gathering. A bunch of dummies went, a bunch of dummies will die. Honestly, this CCP Virus is a Darwninian event.

But then again, you live in a suburb of Rochester, a Democrat controlled City, in NY, a Democrat controlled State. You expected somehthing different? Ifyou are not a Democrat, then your complaining is kinda like being Jewish in pre-war Germany complaining about ill mannered Nazis. What would the response to one of them be? MOVE!

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Top New York Democrats are responsible for thousands of deaths in that state from covid-19. Sounds like a pattern of negligence.

At least Democrats use "Democratic" negligence 😎

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

underwerks doesn't care about Dem hypocrisy.

Shocker of the thread right here.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Neither does TonyS. Apparently I should just "move" and stop complaining about an elected official's blatant hypocrisy. SMH

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   
This makes me furious. Here in southern California, we had to CANCEL the memorial for my mother-in-law because we couldn't risk having more than 50 people show up. That was the limit at that time; now, it's zero. Currently, no gatherings of any kind are permitted at all in my region. You can't even visit a family member in their home. Only members of your immediate household are permitted to be together.

100 people? In upstate NY? Sheesh, that was stupid.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 02:52 PM
link   
The police union president needs clarity on executive orders versus proclamations and actual law(s).

Here's a light refresher:

Executive orders are generally directed to, and govern actions by, Government officials and agencies. They usually affect private individuals only indirectly. Proclamations in most instances affect primarily the activities of private individuals. Since the President has no power or authority over individual citizens and their rights except where he is granted such power and authority by a provision in the Constitution or by statute. The President's proclamations are not legally binding and are at best hortatory unless based on such grants of authority. The difference between Executive orders and proclamations is more one of form than of substance

en.m.wikisource.org...

Essentially, these proclamations being touted as "orders" are not law(s).

These citizens are not breaking any laws.

Tread thee lightly.

ETA: Declaring a National Emergency might upend this however.🤷🏽‍♂️
edit on 4/14/2020 by EternalShadow because: correction, eta

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 03:38 PM
link   
There's no IQ test to be in the Police department which approved the plan.

Apparently there's no IQ test to becoming Mayor of that city, either.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Ifyou are not a Democrat, then your complaining is kinda like being Jewish in pre-war Germany complaining about ill mannered Nazis. What would the response to one of them be? MOVE!

Yeah, all those stupid Jews that didn't know that a modern European country was going to imprison, torture, and kill millions of people in their region. What a bunch of newbs. Why didn't they take all their riches and just move away from the sociopathic leader that emerged as one of the most evil human beings in history? It was all so simple and easy to avoid.

Definitely comparable situations.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 03:46 PM
link   
It's black folk so it's OK they don't GET the virus!! Happens all over. Look at Detroit.

And no I'm not a racist I'm actually????

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Don't worry, these sort of ambiguous policing standards are international. Here in Aus funerals are restricted to 10 people ...except in the case of an aboriginal elder where over 80 people from all over the country were allowed to attend.....for cultural reasons...it appears that some peoples grief is more important than others. Meanwhile 12 police officers arrest 4 guys for eating pizza in their car, dragging them out, handcuffing them and fining them $1000 each.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flatcoat
Don't worry, these sort of ambiguous policing standards are international. Here in Aus funerals are restricted to 10 people ...except in the case of an aboriginal elder where over 80 people from all over the country were allowed to attend.....for cultural reasons...it appears that some peoples grief is more important than others. Meanwhile 12 police officers arrest 4 guys for eating pizza in their car, dragging them out, handcuffing them and fining them $1000 each.

And certainly don't ask out if what orifice they pulled those numbers from. All of this everywhere is just people making up regulations based on either no or questionable data with nothing to back it up. I guess the people who have always hated science are happy. There's no science here, it's just people tossing out numbers.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Flatcoat

Here in Aus funerals are restricted to 10 people ...except in the case of an aboriginal elder where over 80 people from all over the country were allowed to attend.....for cultural reasons

Well isn't it cultural for all communities worldwide to have mass funerals for loved ones? Don't hide under your bed and complain that your not allowed to attend a loved ones funeral. FFS if the boot licking police make mass arrests at a funeral for social distancing BS, then it' s time for their funeral.

Fight Back. Don't let the media turn this into a Black vs White, Left vs Right sh!tfight.

Know Your Enemy!

edit on 14-4-2020 by Jamie2018 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

A bunch of dummies went, a bunch of dummies will die

Why ?
Although I do agree , somewhat .
Everyone will meet that fate eventually.
Even "dummies"

Honestly, this CCP Virus is a Darwninian event

Humankind is going to move up to the next stage of evolution due to a virus ?
I think not.
Neither would Darwin.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Darwinian moment in that the more intelligent will survive.

top topics

join