It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you got your stimulus check?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Yes, we got it last night.

We're setting half aside to spend at non-essential businesses when they open, so they can benefit from the stimulus package, too. I hope others think of them, too, when they spend theirs.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 08:17 AM
link   
So, I have received the economic impact payment (AKA Trump bucks) and will be ordering supplies. I get a contractor rate at the local Ace so they will get my business. Very happy that the weather is turning in the next day or so. No fun for my sister having a hole cut in the wall when it's below 40 F.
I've decided to send some money to Florida to spruce up the place a little that I am getting ready to put on the market, or not...I haven't decided if this is a good time to sell or not. Of course, the Realtor that I am working with thinks it is and she would know I suppose.
Anyway folks, check your accounts this morning.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird
I haven't decided if this is a good time to sell or not.

It's not, it's a buyer's market right now and for the foreseeable future.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

If I hadn't just taken a hit I'd buy now too.

BOGO

But I'd have to cash out other stuff to buy right now.
I'm just leaving it alone to recover. I don't have any big expenses that I need to touch it and I have my income account that's not anywhere near empty for the every day stuff.
I am not sure if I'll get a check or not.
My income isn't high but my net worth is healthy but I don't think they'd base it on that.
This is why I pay an accountant to do my tax stuff. 😎

edit on 4152020 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 08:40 AM
link   
We don't qualify but we ordered Coldstone last night + 100-percent tip for the driver so we're doing our part to keep the wheels turning.

I'm loving the 8 pm howling. It seems like it's spread all over the city now, which is awesome. Big ups to the frontline.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 08:44 AM
link   
For those of you who haven't had your bank accounts stimulated yet, the IRS has opened up access to the "Check My Payment" portal.

You can go get stimulated here
It may take a couple attempts to get in due to the volume of traffic. I was able to get in on the third attempt but it said my payment status was unavailable right now. So there's a slight chance you might get your check deposited in your account before the site will even properly function.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: BoomGiggle

The system is up, but it looks like they haven't enabled/finished building the data dip required to provide the info needed.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: macman

macman, seriously? Isn't that what I just said in my post?
2nd

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Ehhhh kind of. I just went techie.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Thanks
I got the same reply.

Payment Status Not Available
According to information that we have on file, we cannot determine your eligibility for a payment at this time.

For more information on the eligibility rules, see our Frequently Asked Questions page.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Two different situations with my daughters.
Oldest one is 22. She filed toward the end of March with a new (change) of address from prior year and new direct deposit information. Her message is, like Stosh above:

Payment Status Not Available
According to information that we have on file, we cannot determine your eligibility for a payment at this time.

For more information on the eligibility rules, see our Frequently Asked Questions page.

My youngest daughter, 19 who filed way early and received a paper check, shows that it is in process or something and she needs to enter more information to get the status such as...AGI from her return, amount of refund received, etc etc.

Need More Information
You are eligible for this payment. We do not have enough information to direct deposit your payment at this time.

Direct deposit is the fastest way to receive your payment.

If you would prefer to receive a check or cannot provide us with this information, we will mail your check to the address we have on file for you. If you need additional help, visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.

So, I suppose depending on the individuals situation there could be so many variables and hiccups with the system.
edit on 15-4-2020 by TNMockingbird because: found the info and added it

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 12:12 PM
link   
This is random, I know...but...
None of us have been out of work due to the virus. If anything, the youngest daughter and myself are working twice as much nearly. I certainly will use the money and am aware that it will be paid back in one way or another with interest, I'm sure...
It just seems to make more sense to only send it to those DIRECTLY affected and not everyone.
Go ahead and say to give it back. I get ya.

There's a young kid who was in training earlier who can't wait to get to WalMart to buy a new phone. I asked him why he needed a new one. He said that he really didn't he just wanted a newer and more expensive one. I think that he said that it would be around $800 or so. I laughed and told him the money was burning a hole in his pocket already and hadn't even been in the bank for 24 hours

I'm just thinking out loud.
edit on 15-4-2020 by TNMockingbird because: the a and the e get me everytime!

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

I've heard full time students are not eligible? Or also if anyone else claims you as a dependent on their own taxes then you are definitely not eligible.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

I'm getting the exact same message on mine, cannot log into online banking for my bank.. My girlfriend can't log on to hers (different bank).. This whole thing is a nightmare...

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi
Yes, I heard that also. Neither apply to us, don't claim them and the youngest continued with work, just increasing hours after high school. The oldest started working a few months after graduation. I was unable to talk them into any post secondary education.

a reply to: MarlbBlack
I don't know what part of the world that you are in but, here in Tennessee some folks have complained about internet and cell service this morning being disrupted. Our work network of computers were all jacked up (technical term LOL) this morning for an hour or two. All seems fine now, including internet banking.
Good luck to you, I'm sure that you all must be frustrated!

I have read somewhere that the payment could be coming in waves and not all on the same day necessarily. Not sure how true or untrue that may be.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Yep. Got mine this morning. Pay down Discover.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: MarlbBlack

Yesterday my bank website was offline too - but today it is working and the funds are there. Give it another 24. If your bank got overwhelmed with the windfall today, they have to sort it out.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Okay, so I was a little bit naughty and spent a small portion of the stimulus money. I got a new shotgun and picked up some extra staples for the pantry (20 lb bag of rice, 8 lb bag of pintos, etc. to top off what we already have).

You know us girls can't help ourselves!

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: VeeTNA

Thanks for the replies, I'm in Illinois and will patiently await. Not hurting or anything and will prob sit on the funds as I have no debt (credit cards ect. ect.) except the IRS lol so we'll see what they do

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I keep getting Payment Status Not Available - unable to determine eligibility at this time.
I put in my address three different ways, tried with my wifes social and mine and still nada.

stupid.

a reply to: carewemust

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join