It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother of Columbine Victim said HALF THE STUDENTS DIDN'T SHOW UP AT SCHOOL

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Donna Taylor is the mother of Mark Taylor, one of the students shot during the 1999 Columbine Massacre. He has a cameo in Michael Moore's "Bowling for Columbine", where you might have seen him. In a separate interview with Mark's mom, she mentions that her son said half the school didn't show up on the day of the shooting. I have all the year book pages for the entire 1999 Freshman-Senior classes, and am compiling a final number, but it looks like it will be well north of 2,000 students. Here is the audio below. Looking at the bigger picture, what would this mean? The students were in on it? The parents were in on it, and kept the students home? Was half the school not even real students?

Donna Taylor Audio

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: revolutionaryawareness

Interesting. Has this been brought up before, and if not, why now?

It's been a rather long time since I did any reading on the Columbine school shooting.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

It's an archived interview from a 2006 source. So it's been available, just hard to find, like many things regarding Columbine. Doing the math, the school had 2,001 students, give or take a few if I miscounted. You can set aside maybe 20-30 kids at most, skipping school to smoke weed (it being 4/20) but not sure what happened to the other 970 students.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 02:14 AM
link   

There are things like band trips, sports functions, field trips, theater festivals, cheer or sport competitions, or other type activities that might result in students being out of school.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Apparently that mother and son weren't in on it.

Still strange

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

That's what makes it even stranger. If it was all staged, and her son wasn't actually shot, then why are they having her say this? What do they gain from it? Maybe they just like leaving clues for us.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 03:34 AM
link   
are there any school documents to support this claim ?

the child in question may have percieved " fewer attendees " [ mainly based on perople he knew recognised ]

but to calculate a % ??????????????

school attendence rgisters would be the only reliable metric for exactly who was there

and conspiracy thought - if 50% were really absent because it was known it was gooing to be " school masacre day " - then at least some of his " friends " must have kkept silent - and abandoned his fate to " chance "

with friends like those .........................

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 05:16 AM
link   
If a lot of people knew before hand, At least one teacher would know, And the school would, should of been closed down untill the shooters were caught before the shootings.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 05:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: revolutionaryawareness
Donna Taylor is the mother of Mark Taylor, one of the students shot during the 1999 Columbine Massacre. He has a cameo in Michael Moore's "Bowling for Columbine", where you might have seen him. In a separate interview with Mark's mom, she mentions that her son said half the school didn't show up on the day of the shooting. I have all the year book pages for the entire 1999 Freshman-Senior classes, and am compiling a final number, but it looks like it will be well north of 2,000 students. Here is the audio below. Looking at the bigger picture, what would this mean? The students were in on it? The parents were in on it, and kept the students home? Was half the school not even real students?

Donna Taylor Audio

Hey man. Long time Colorado resident. Played Columbine in many sports, there were a rival of sorts in HS. Knew a lot of people that went there - lived in the neighborhood but went to a different HS.

They tried to blow up the school and kill a bunch of people. It is actually way more simple than you are making it out.

People know Dylan and Eric. They knew they were nuts. No one thought they would do it but they did. End of story.
edit on 14-4-2020 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: ColoradoJens

I second this, and have more firsthand knowledge about this horrific tragedy than I ever wanted.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Who are some of the people you knew? I have the entire year book in front of me so that's a start to see if you are telling the truth or not. Then we can go from there.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: revolutionaryawareness

Donna Taylor Audio

" In a separate interview with Mark's mom, she mentions that her son said half the school didn't show up on the day of the shooting. "

So , her sons perception is that half the school didn't show up on the day of the shooting?

That is the TL;DR version of this right?

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   

First and second hand testament seems to count for very little nowadays.
There's always someone knows better than those who were either there or know people who were there and actually involved.

If we are to assume that those absent had some sort of inside knowledge surely the shear numbers involved would have resulted in this becoming common knowledge in the 20 odd years since this tragedy happened.

Just my take on things looking in from the outside.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 01:21 PM
link   
if , and big IF - over 900 kids were absent for " reasons " that amounts to a conspiracy

you are not going to maintain a silence on that - no way no how

some of them till have had friends - injured or killed

try keeping a stroppy teenager quite - when they relise that they were saved by " conspiracy " of a-priori knowledge - and thier mate died .

utter bollox

as i said up thread - show me the attendance registers

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I live in Colorado . Further more my friends wife went to columbine during the shooting . It was a regular attendance day

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 01:43 PM
link   

It was Senior Skip Day.
I lived in Colorado, south of Littleton. My friend had a senior at Columbine, she gave her daughter permission to skip -- it's a tradition.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: SeaYote

a reply to: Thenail

blinks .

so was it a mandated or optional attendance

????????????????????????????????

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   

The thing about this topic for some is that it marks one of the most traumatic times of his/her life. The poster who knew friends at Colombine was probably about the same age as my brother, and probably even played my brother's school in sports (he was a Junior at Heritage High and in the same district as Columbine). Having something so horrific happen to kids their own age, and so close by, was incredibly traumatic and my brother and I were among many peers who knew families affected by the sudden death or violent injuries. Psychologically, too, the whole community was stunned. It took a long time for most to recover and some never have/will.

Don't be surprised if people don't care to answer probing questions about who they did or did not know. I'm sure I'm not alone in suffering from PTSD from this incident which rocked our community, changed lived forever, and was more than just a news article or theory to study.

edit on 15-4-2020 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

It's mandated attendance, but at some schools, the seniors have one day that they skip and they'll get together and have a gathering. The school will look the other way as long as they don't do something really stupid.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 01:10 PM
link   

edit on 15-4-2020 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join