It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Stimulus Hurts the Poorest Most

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: MrBuddy

Many qualify for nothing. Have to rely on savings. On top of that they get the crap taxed out of them way more than you so when this is all over, they depleted their savings and still have to pay property taxes and Federal taxes.

The real kicker though is having to listen to people with low level jobs complain about not getting paid like they have a higher level jobs. They don't want the stress and hard work associated with higher level jobs. Just the income. They truly believe that people like me must pay to improve their circumstances for them without them lifting a finger to help themselves.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I make less then 20k a year. I'm taking care of myself my dad and his two kids on that. Whatever it is you're doing where 4k a month isn't working for ya... you need to reassess your life choices but I get it. You need that new 800$ iPhone. 20k car payment with full insurance because the car isn't yours.. I bet your cable is the whole bells and whistles for 300+$ month... yeah. I'd figure out a different way of living.

Omg. 4k a month... I could finally save up if i was making that... What's wrong with these new generations of people? I'm glad I cant comprehend your stupidity. No offense

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: theyknowwhoyouare

Excuse me!? I have an education...and a great job. The overall point to the OP is that people don't deserve $1k/week to sit home on their asses when they were originally making minimum wage....period. Noone needs $1k/week to live on. Furthermore, why tf should I have to work and make half that while you get to sit home on ur lazy a$$es doing absolutely nothing.

On top of that, the millions of people working to make you your hamburger are all in the same boat. You DO realize that only 20-30 mil people are currently laid off right? Why do they get an extra $600/week to do nothing while I have to work and expose myself to some virus!?

You're an absolute tool....a rake at best.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

I'm sorry if I don't feel sorry for those folks that make $75k/year and will get nothing. FFS..if you can't support yourself and have a savings making that kind of money....then theres an issue. Their right to make $600 EXTRA per week for sitting on their butts doesn't trump my right to make that money as well since I'm actually getting up every morning to work for a living.
I suppose that up on your pedestal (where us 'low-level' workers can't reach) it's hard to comprehend. How about I put it this way....

I make a measly $40k/year. This year...I got NO federal return and NO state return. In fact, I had to pay NY $145. Now....all of YOU people that have these so called 'high level jobs' are getting money you don't deserve...all paid for on the backs of us 'low level jobs'. Huh...imagine that....the poor getting f'd over again by our 'superiors'.
Why is it that those of you who luck out and actually have good jobs think that you're somehow better than everyone else that aren't lucky enough to have them?? Why do YOU deserve to make ME pay for money that you didn't earn?? Why can't I have some money since I'm deemed somehow 'ESSENTIAL'??

So...us poor people get no money. Then...the money we DO make is worth less AND we will be on the hook come tax time to help pay it back. So YOU get money.....we MAKE money to give it to you....because you're somehow BETTER because you have a job that pays you well?? Forgive me if I don't see how that makes any type of sense at all. I truly hope that those of you collecting this extra money lose your job in the end so you can see how f'd up it is to be kicked around. And I mean that.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrBuddy
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

I'm sorry if I don't feel sorry for those folks that make $75k/year and will get nothing. FFS..if you can't support yourself and have a savings making that kind of money....then theres an issue. Their right to make $600 EXTRA per week for sitting on their butts doesn't trump my right to make that money as well since I'm actually getting up every morning to work for a living.
I suppose that up on your pedestal (where us 'low-level' workers can't reach) it's hard to comprehend. How about I put it this way....

I make a measly $40k/year. This year...I got NO federal return and NO state return. In fact, I had to pay NY $145. Now....all of YOU people that have these so called 'high level jobs' are getting money you don't deserve...all paid for on the backs of us 'low level jobs'. Huh...imagine that....the poor getting f'd over again by our 'superiors'.
Why is it that those of you who luck out and actually have good jobs think that you're somehow better than everyone else that aren't lucky enough to have them?? Why do YOU deserve to make ME pay for money that you didn't earn?? Why can't I have some money since I'm deemed somehow 'ESSENTIAL'??

So...us poor people get no money. Then...the money we DO make is worth less AND we will be on the hook come tax time to help pay it back. So YOU get money.....we MAKE money to give it to you....because you're somehow BETTER because you have a job that pays you well?? Forgive me if I don't see how that makes any type of sense at all. I truly hope that those of you collecting this extra money lose your job in the end so you can see how f'd up it is to be kicked around. And I mean that.

I know you truly believe people with high incomes don't deserve them but one false move at my job could destroy lives. Literally kill a lot of people. One mistake and I could be in a prison cell. For a mistake. Nevermind that I use to be poor. It took over a decade to get to that skill level. Years of training and schooling that I paid for myself. No mommy and daddy. No loans. I worked crap jobs along the way.

Same for an investment banker friend of mine. He is dealing with 100's of millions of other peoples money. It took over 20 years of learning, building trust. He now has his own firm. He started out making zero. He did not make a dime for over a year. Same as me. Worked crap jobs and paid for it all on his own dime.

When I was poor I never cried about it. Lots of ups and downs. So what. I look around today and we now have a damn army of total panzies. It's pathetic and I have zero empathy for them.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: MrBuddy

Man I'd like to be in your shoes right now.

I just got made redundant , and $35k a year more than you make after taxes depending on your job is another $20k - stupid change when you worked to get there, saved, bought a house, and then had everything pulled out.

Try getting somewhere, work your ass off, then have it taken - 401k and everything - isn't that what YOU were working for?

You tell me you get a $20k raise you don't think about maybe finally getting that car that actually works and maybe a nicer suit because you need it and then after saving you decide to move into a slightly nicer place than the dangerous neighborhood you live in and maybe I can get a nice bite onece a month and then $20k is gone. God forbid you get one vacation a year.

I am looking now and will be fine but hell man if that is your world view you really don't have a clue. Families at $75k are easily check to check with basics depending on where you live. And don't say "well move then". That is too stupid and unrealistic to respond to.

[
edit on 13-4-2020 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join