It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 23

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Whoa!
Reading this made me think very long and hard about
Our future As a civilization
I'm hoping Our world doesn't end up like that
I'm sure you would make an Excellent author

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: FreeFalling

True to the first.

As for the second, thank you! I tend to get that on most of my writing ( I meant that in a humble way?), but I struggle with dialogue. If you have any tips, I’m stuck 2 chapters in on two different books.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: coop039

originally posted by: ThouArtGod
a reply to: coop039

So happy that you read this thread in its entirety.

I read it. Its a story of fiction in the rant section.

Actually, it's a warning, fairly easy to understand, of what "common good" can lead to and used to justify.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: tetra50

Thanks for seeing what I was getting at- much appreciated!

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: coop039

a reply to: coop039

So happy that you read this thread in its entirety.

I read it. Its a story of fiction in the rant section.

Not sure how. Forget it man. If you haven't gotten it by now, you wont until someone tells you.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Thanks for seeing what I was getting at- much appreciated!

Not at all any thanks needed. You wrote it quite well, and the meaning seemed fairly obvious to me, which proves it to be well written. As for hints about dialogue, which I've always found to be the most challenging thing to write well, one of my creative writing teachers told me to just make a study, when in public (now difficult to do) of listening how people speak to one another, and what they speak to one another about. Keep at it.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 10:39 PM
link   

I appreciate the tip, seriously.

I’ve been working on a book about an immortal monster hunter who gets a bloodline assistant, whom he needs to set straight about what monsters are, and what they are really about. I got stuck after two chapters, and I’m annoyed that now is the perfect time to write, and I’m not.

Oh, and it’s titled “Vampires don’t sparkle in the sunlight... and other facts about monsters.”
edit on 13/4/2020 by ThouArtGod because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Excellent ThouArtGod!

In here, everybody uses Google & Apple phones to snitcher reporting fellow comrades being infected, all they do is snitch to provide information to police, and well...since everybody are infected it get`s kinda paranoid here ..

Another type of surveillance is also part of the squeeze play. Apple.com has the story (press release, 4/10) [2]: “Across the world, governments and health authorities are working together to find solutions to the COVID-19 pandemic, to protect people… Since COVID-19 can be transmitted through close proximity to affected individuals, public health officials have identified contact tracing as a valuable tool to help contain its spread. A number of leading public health authorities, universities, and NGOs around the world have been doing important work to develop opt-in contact tracing technology.”

“To further this cause, Apple and Google will be launching a comprehensive solution that includes application programming interfaces (APIs) and operating system-level technology to assist in enabling contact tracing. Given the urgent need, the plan is to implement this solution in two steps while maintaining strong protections around user privacy.” “First, in May, both companies will release APIs that enable interoperability between Android and iOS devices using apps from public health authorities. These official apps will be available for users to download via their respective app stores.” “Second, in the coming months, Apple and Google will work to enable a broader Bluetooth-based contact tracing platform by building this functionality into the underlying platforms.

This is a more robust solution than an API and would allow more individuals to participate, if they choose to opt in, as well as enable interaction with a broader ecosystem of apps and government health authorities. Privacy, transparency, and consent are of utmost importance in this effort, and we look forward to building this functionality in consultation with interested stakeholders. We will openly publish information about our work for others to analyze.” “All of us at Apple and Google believe there has never been a more important moment to work together to solve one of the world’s most pressing problems. Through close cooperation and collaboration with developers, governments and public health providers, we hope to harness the power of technology to help countries around the world slow the spread of COVID-19 and accelerate the return of everyday life.”

If you believe citizen privacy is an utmost concern in the minds of Google and Apple, I have condos for sale on the far side of the moon. The tracing tools appear to involve a very rapid expansion of Snitch Culture. What else are “opt-in users” going to communicate about? The weather? Lunch? “Dear Relevant Users and Public Health Officials: Yes, I know Marty. Sad to hear he’s been diagnosed with COVID-19. I did have a brief meeting with him just prior to the lockdown. I suppose I might be infected. I should get tested right away. Let’s see, who else was at the meeting? Marty’s brother, Felix, and Carrie, who is Felix’ on and off girlfriend. Six months ago she was tested for an STD, I don’t know the results—Sandy, the broker at Wilson and Wise was also at the meeting—OMG, that could mean the whole company is infected—and Sandy’s dog Tootsie—can animals spread the virus?—then there was a janitor who came into the room, I think his name is Al. He lives down near the docks. He has a brother who I hear is a drug dealer and a compulsive gambler. He owes money to some nasty people, I think…Anything I can do to stop the spread of the virus, let me know…” Enlist the citizenry to act as spies on each other. A useful tactic. It rips the fabric of social trust. It blows apart privacy. It exposes people to government intervention.

COVID: The squeeze play on the population Apr 13 by Jon Rappoport

Now, let`s see some ID, medical certificate, social credit card...give the asked documents, lay down on to knees, do not make a sound while we inspects of your status.
edit on 13-4-2020 by Kenzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

The key is to never look out your windows.

For the common good!

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: ThouArtGod

I will do as the party ask me to do..reading Pravda , listening soviet music, and rotten in home....for the common good!

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

Or anything else our Secretary of Education Bernie Sanders says to read.

For the common good!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join