It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump and American Leadership in General Lack All the Requirements of Being a Successful Leader

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

List of people who make useless leaders:

1. Politicians.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: odzeandennz

I think you are right. Now, who in your opinion does hold these qualities?

you don't have to bait him into an argument.

he merely pointed out what he thought were shortcomings in American leaders.
he can point out an issue without having a replacement.

you don't need to have a replacement to recognize an issue. solving the issue is a whole different story.

pointing out that our political leaders suck isn't something that's thread worthy IMHO. It's like saying ATS has some paranoid members. But if you want to point out the issues and then offer a solution, you are trying to improve your surroundings, and that I can get behind.

Pissing and moaning is cool and all, it just doesn't offer the same fruits as offering fixes to real problems. But you do you.

Fair enough though show me where I pissed , moaned or said anyone sucked?

Additionally I think that currently 90% of what gets said on ATS is basically at the BIN and GLP level but hey, it's an open forum so as long as people are following the T & C's that the ATS owners have established then people can say and do whatever they want.

I stated what I see as failures of the current Republican and Democratic leadership of this country and that the person at the top holds the largest burden of that failure. Which part of that is not true?

Literally the worst thing that could happen right now would be a change. As bad and chaotic as it is currently, removing this President no matter how poor of a leader he is, would only exacerbate this situation. When things play out and the mortality rates plus financial impact on this country is known then almost every element of how this was handled by American Leadership needs to be reviewed and corrected in some way.
edit on 13-4-2020 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

You're describing a mom, not a politician. You're asking a bit much in my opinion.

#Ronald Reagan

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 03:49 PM
link   

How a Head Of State should lead it's nation.

www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 13-4-2020 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 04:07 PM
link   

pointing out that our political leaders suck isn't something that's thread worthy IMHO. It's like saying ATS has some paranoid members.

Was this post directed to me?

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Love him or hate him Trump was needed to shake up DC. Regardless of party, he or someone like him was inevitable and as a result Washington has been exposed for what it is (or isn't) like never before. The same ol', same ol' status quo could no longer continue and hopefully won't here out.

If nothing else, the last few years have been entertaining to say the least.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

List of people who make useless leaders:

1. Politicians.

Oh so true! Reminded me of this quote from Will Rogers.

I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts.

Will Rogers

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Trump will still get my vote over Biden or any Democrat for that matter. I'm still not so sure this whole thing isn't something they did just for something to attack him over again.

Never waste a good pandemic yeah?

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 05:16 PM
link   

If he hadn't been distracted by a sham impeachment these past 6 months or so maybe he would have done a better job but the sleaze called the democratic party has been dogging him relentlessly for the last 4 years. Let's inject a little context here.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 05:16 PM
link   
As a President, Trump did the best makeover of the US economy EVER. He will be the BEST President to bring the economy back.

Only a moron would blame the virus on Trump. And only a moron would blame what the virus did to the economy on Trump.

Don't be a moron.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

You mean like when he said “ people are only going to get the flu “ The media and the left spent a month ridiculing him on that .

“He’s stupid “

“ That would kill thousand “

“He doesn’t understand science he should listen to the professionals “

“He’s not qualified to be president “

Have you looked at Worldmeters lately ?

95% of all cases were mild . Meaning they caught the-flu ( figuratively )

He was right .

I set that question up on all the forums I go to .

Only 2 could say yes out of probably hundred plus

What do you say, was he right ?

I’ve found that the mass majority of the left would not give any kind of compliment if it benefits Trump. Not one iota even though they know it’s true . I hope you weren’t one of them .

I defended Hillary when she put the Russian hat on . “ it was just a joke “

Many conservatives don’t like me for this but I stand behind what I say . I agree with the red flag laws .

I could think of more if I tried but I don’t need too.

People on the right and even libertarians have some bend.

But it’s few and far between for people on the left .

Why is that ?
edit on 13-4-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Get up there and do a better job.

We'll be waiting.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Like I said, to me this isn't a question of Trump being a good president or Pelosi being a good Speaker of the house. At no point in my OP did i say it was.

This isn't a question of Democrat vs Republican.

Getting up there and doing a better job, running as an independent also doesn't negate any of the reasons I listed as to why the leadership of this country has failed in this scenario. Ownership of that leadership failure starts with the person highest in that leadership chain and in the US that is defined as the President. That ownership of failures is just one part of the burden of leadership that true leaders are expected to pay.

If people can put aside their politically affiliations and honestly say that the current leadership of this country has not failed in every one of these items below through the Stimulus negotiations to the daily briefings then you are just being willfully blind based on those party affiliation:

1. Personal ownership of failures.
2. Deflecting all praise to your team while accepting all responsibility of your teams failure regardless of your actual involvement.
3. Clear, concise, well spoken communications
4. Being honest with your team
5. Clear, well defined targets
6. Developing leaders throughout all levels your subordinates
7. The success of the mission matters more than personal ego.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Why is the presidential seal not used when the president is speaking?

Has Trumph stealthy been removed as president....

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 09:56 PM
link   

You are assuming those people are in positions of leadership. They are not. They are in positions of representation. Well...at least in theory.

It would be great if that environment attracted and cultivated people of character. Instead we get political animals, pretty much the antithesis of leaders.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

S&F all the way.

May I add, the ability to be
both comforting & truthful at the same time.

And at least a modicum of empathy.

<< 1   >>

join