It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BIG CAT SIGHTING ‘Large wildcat spotted in English garden’

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 06:25 AM
link   
A "LARGE wildcat with big claws" has been spotted in a man's Cambridgeshire garden - sparking fears that the mythical 'Fen Tiger' has returned.

According to legend, the Fen Tiger has been on the prowl in Cambs and beyond for more than 30 years, with a number of sightings reported across the county.

"Initially I thought it was a wildcat like a Felis Silvestris, but then I went to my colleagues at the university and they said it can't have been as this animal was way bigger.“

I really hope this is true, but as always the pictures aren’t high quality and it doesn’t look as big as the content suggests. Have a look for yourself

www.thesun.co.uk... ce=Facebook#Echobox=1586769240
edit on 1342020 by Bipolarised because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Bipolarised

You should see the large wildcat I have living in my home!

We have an African Serval and Savannah mix.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Well this one is supposedly the size of a full grown Labrador and photographed on top of a shed at the bottom of their garden.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

Servals are beautiful, I’m not familiar with a savannah but I’ll have a look
edit on 1342020 by Bipolarised because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 06:38 AM
link   

That's nowhere near the size of a fully grown Lab.
It just looks like a big housecat.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 06:41 AM
link   
There was a journalist on TV a while back who basically said that the papers run these sort of stories when its quiet with a dodgy blown up picture of a normal house cat as told by someone who's eyesight is not the greatest so is just filler for some junior staff member to get a bit of practice.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maxatoria
There was a journalist on TV a while back who basically said that the papers run these sort of stories when its quiet with a dodgy blown up picture of a normal house cat as told by someone who's eyesight is not the greatest so is just filler for some junior staff member to get a bit of practice.

Do you have a link to that?

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

That's nowhere near the size of a fully grown Lab.
It just looks like a big housecat.

If you take into consideration that it’s front and back legs are close together and it’s back is arched using the door as scale it looks to be around 3 feet long from head to the base of the tail I would say, definitely not Labrador size by my estimation but rather large for a house cat. Maybe the spotter is a fisherman we all know how they like to exaggerate sizes. 😂

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 06:50 AM
link   

It actually weirdly does look like a juvenile lion. But as usual, there's not really anything reliable to measure it against.

Also, it could be anything, but it almoat looks like it's wearing a harness.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Looks like a British Wildcat, or potentially domestic cross. Doesn't look very big in comparison to the size of the bricks or fence panels. My old moggy was 1m tall when he stood on his back legs, this looks around or lightly smaller than that size.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 06:57 AM
link   

using the 8" bricks and 28" (rough standard sizes) door as a guide to size, it matches closely to the average dosmetic cat, about 3 times shorter than a jaguer/pat6her for example

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 07:05 AM
link   

What’s interesting is the rings on the cat in your article, match the ring of cats spotted in other articles.
Tabby cats are the main type of house cat that have ringed tails.
They are also, usually smaller in size compared to large house cats like the main coon.
I believe the witness when they say the cat was the size of a lab.

For example, When I try to take a normal picture of the full moon with my cell phone, the moon always looks small in the image compared to how I see it in real life.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

I'd hate to see your vet and food bills. Lol

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: suicideeddie

using the 8" bricks and 28" (rough standard sizes) door as a guide to size, it matches closely to the average dosmetic cat, about 3 times shorter than a jaguer/pat6her for example

Even so, would 28” not still be large for a house cat from head to base of tail?

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: PorteurDeMort

The food bills aren't that baD.
We buy Big Country Raw, prepackaged raw chicken.
80% raw meat, 10% Organ, 10% bone, ground up.
I buy 8 lb boxes at a time for $22
Then partially thaw and divide those 8 lbs into meals for him.
Then we add his supplements - minerals and taurine.
He also likes raw chicken hearts as a treat., which are really good for him.

The vet though.... Now that's a whole other animal.
Vet prices are already stupid high in Canada.
Throw an exotic cat into the mix and they become absolutely stupid.

edit on 13-4-2020 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 08:24 AM
link   
His feet ( paws) look like it’s a baby and haven’t grown into them yet . Too bad there weren’t more pictures !!!

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 08:24 AM
link   

What I find interesting (compared to many other wild cat pics) is the ability measure the size of the critter. IT's pretty easy here.

Estimating here but those look like general construction bricks in the shed wall. The cat looks like it's about the length of two bricks. Not really a labrador.

So it's not a big cat like a lion or tiger. We could assume it's a large house cat which is plausible. However, the tail does not look like a domestic cat's. The paws are enormous compared to the relative size of the rest of the body. And the head and neck area? IDK

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Is he still beating up your other cats?

Cheers

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Good eye...it's a juvenile mountain lion....they get kicked to the curb by the mature ones with established terrirory....

The young ones cause the trouble because they are sent roaming.....the turf is crowded NIW for lions and they are desperate for food....

a reply to: Meldionne1

edit on 13-4-2020 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: ABNARTY

What I find interesting (compared to many other wild cat pics) is the ability measure the size of the critter. IT's pretty easy here.

Estimating here but those look like general construction bricks in the shed wall. The cat looks like it's about the length of two bricks. Not really a labrador.

So it's not a big cat like a lion or tiger. We could assume it's a large house cat which is plausible. However, the tail does not look like a domestic cat's. The paws are enormous compared to the relative size of the rest of the body. And the head and neck area? IDK

It’s also very hunched in the photo with its front and back paws very close together so would be longer than 2 bricks length when fully extended. The head does look very large cat-like along with the paws and as suggested looks young. I’m still on the fence (or roof) with this one.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join