It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wish me luck; I may be forced into quarantine tomorrow.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 05:37 PM
link   
So I've been in South Cali for a while, spending time with family, and my travel visa is coming to an end soon, so I have to fly back to Canada.

I was hoping to wait this out before going back but... Clearly this isn't going to end anytime soon.

I came upon this info:

Canadian travel advisory

The guideline is to self-isolate once you get home. However, they state the following:

Travellers arriving at one of the four international airports and connecting onwards will be forced to isolate for 14 days in the city they land in, the health minister said.

The only affordable flights I could get without insane layovers connected through Ontario. I have to get to Quebec.

So if I'm reading this right, I will be put into isolation at some unknown "accomodation" for 14 days.

I have already been into self-isolation for months down here in Cali, and now they're gonna put me into another 14-day isolation... I just want to go home to my cat. -_-

So anyway, I'm healthy as can be. Hopefully they won't put me in some makeshift bunk-beds type place with a bunch of sick people...

I'll keep you updated. I'm somewhat curious about these "accomodations". If I get some hotel room that's paid-for, I can live with that. But I think these measures are a bit ridiculous.

1. I have no symptoms.
2. I have been in "self-isolation" for months already.

That is all.

Wish me luck.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: iammrhappy86

Just get a covid-19 test when you get home.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Good luck, Mr Happy. See you on the other side of the quarantine.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 05:42 PM
link   

1. I have no symptoms.

That is all.

You will have contact with other people as you travel. They could be asymptomatic carriers, even if you're not currently infected.

That is the point.

Stay safe.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Good luck.

We have the same measures in place here in Australia and people are being put up in nice hotels, some 5 star.

All the best with it

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 05:45 PM
link   

I wish you safest of travels and please keep us updated to the greatest extent possible.

While most of my commentary is US focused as I’m a US citizen - my comments and concerns for society extend well beyond our borders. I hope however this works out for you in the near future you’re well and can share your story as a first-hand.

Cheers!

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMALLYETALLIAM

Good luck.

We have the same measures in place here in Australia and people are being put up in nice hotels, some 5 star.

All the best with it

Here's to hoping! I'd be happy with a cheap motel as long as I get to go home after. But I'd take the 5*. =P

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Easier said than done here in Canada.
You will only be tested if you exhibit symptoms.
I know because I tried.
I'm in quarantine at work.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 06:01 PM
link   

What happens if you stay with your family in Cali and let the visa expires ?

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 06:04 PM
link   

I had to quarantine myself as well. It lasted about a week, I went into quarantine because my doctor was nervous at the fact that I had a fever and cough. I had to go get the covid test and wait roughly a week for the results to return. It was negative, which I knew it was going to be. The first couple of days sucked big time. Then I bought an Xbox and just played grand theft auto for the rest of the time. If not for that I would have lost my mind. Anyway good luck buddy.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Is Canada testing everyone?

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
a reply to: carewemust

Easier said than done here in Canada.
You will only be tested if you exhibit symptoms.
I know because I tried.
I'm in quarantine at work.

It’s a shame you couldn’t get quarantined
At the bar. But being the stand up guy you are, this is probably best.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 06:21 PM
link   
There's really just 2 concerns of mine with this hotel situation.

1. Who makes my food? Don't they get to go home, and are exposed to people in the kitchen? Doesn't that put me even more at risk than if I went straight home!?

2. 14 days confined to a single room.... The mental aspect of this is a bit worrysome. But oh well.

Oh also, I'm a heavy smoker.... So this won't be fun.

I'm really not looking forward to being confined in a room without the ability to get my smokes, candy, redbull, and other poisons I like to enjoy.

This is gonna be like a mild detox for me lol.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

What happens if you stay with your family in Cali and let the visa expires ?

Mucho trouble when/if I decide to come back again.

I once overstayed my visa by 1 day (I didn't... But they claim I did? I think it's cuz my flight landed after midnight... But I mean I was on the plane, it's not like I can jump out in a parachute).
And they've been giving me HELL for it for years ever since. It's not fun.... They treat me like I'm a dang national threat everytime. And it was like 10 years ago.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 06:38 PM
link   
So any of those flight layovers longer than 14 days?

Previous posts you have said you've been in Cali with family for months and been sick.

Doesn't make sense for you to whine about a layover that gets you close enough to home to be allowed to quarantine there for 14 days.
So assume you want a free ride on the Canadian taxpayer for 14 days.

As already mention, you can get infected whenever you leave the current clean environment. - going to shops -the airport -on a plane - in another airport. hope you pack your x-box your probably going t need hope the motel 6 is comfy

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Just stay in Cali.

If not- perfect time to quit. It's literally all in your head. I mean, yeah the body becomes dependent, but you're the boss of this show. I did it last year, finally, after 30+ years. Cold turkey. It's so horrific [those initial days] that afterward you'll feel so harrowed that you will never want to experience that again. Of course there's only 1 way to ensure you never have to quit again- if you go back to smoking something else will just happen and you'll keep going through that hell. Useless. Insane.

Buckets of ice water, orange juice (it makes smoke taste bad!) all the crap you think you'll want to console yourself food wise...it's ok to pamper yourself like a little kid going through that. And exercise. Honestly. Brainwash yourself with nlp. I did. It's #ing glorious.

edit on 180000005406pmb20America/Chicago by Hushabye because: (no reason given)

edit on 180000000006pmb20America/Chicago by Hushabye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: iammrhappy86
So I've been in South Cali for a while, spending time with family, and my travel visa is coming to an end soon, so I have to fly back to Canada.

I was hoping to wait this out before going back but... Clearly this isn't going to end anytime soon.

I came upon this info:

Canadian travel advisory

The guideline is to self-isolate once you get home. However, they state the following:

Travellers arriving at one of the four international airports and connecting onwards will be forced to isolate for 14 days in the city they land in, the health minister said.

The only affordable flights I could get without insane layovers connected through Ontario. I have to get to Quebec.

So if I'm reading this right, I will be put into isolation at some unknown "accomodation" for 14 days.

I have already been into self-isolation for months down here in Cali, and now they're gonna put me into another 14-day isolation... I just want to go home to my cat. -_-

So anyway, I'm healthy as can be. Hopefully they won't put me in some makeshift bunk-beds type place with a bunch of sick people...

I'll keep you updated. I'm somewhat curious about these "accomodations". If I get some hotel room that's paid-for, I can live with that. But I think these measures are a bit ridiculous.

1. I have no symptoms.

That is all.

Wish me luck.

I hear, if you don't have a quarantine plan in place, they are putting you in a hotel, shouldn't be too bad.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Not that simple, it should be, but it's not. Unless you are sick, not going to get tested.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: puzzled2

1. I don't want a free ride... I want to go home.

2. I AM a Canadian tax payer.....

3. I got a flu in February. We all did. And we all recovered a long time ago. And I been staying home ever since.

4. No Xbox. =

edit on 4/12/2020 by iammrhappy86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Make sure you've got at least double the tobacco you would usually have. You wanna be the one getting favors not giving them.

Think of it like jail, just without yard time 😁

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join