It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virus-Panicked Liberal Gun Buyers Are Getting Angry When They Discover Their Own Gun Control Laws

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+67 more 
posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Now this is entertaining. What happens when the people who support gun control suddenly discover they need a firearm and cannot simply go get one because of the laws and hoops they created applies to themselves.

Maybe, just maybe this may be a wake-up call to these people who have now discovered what they themselves have supported by voting for these anti-gun politicians. One can have hope anyway though I do doubt it.

www.redstate.com...

We tried to look at just who the new firearm purchasers were and we believe that more than 60% of these individuals were first time buyers. I can't describe the amount of fear in my staff as we had the buyers show proof of safe handling as part of the purchase process as required by law. You have never seen so many barrels pointed at sales staff and other customers. It was truly frightening.

More than a dozen of these buyers (men and women) actually thought that since they filled out and signed everything, they could just walk out and go home with the firearm. Several actually said they saw how easy it was to buy a gun on TV and why did they have to fill out all these forms.

The majority of these first timers lost their minds when we went through the Ammo Law requirements. Most used language not normally heard, even in a gun range. We pointed out that since no one working here voted for these laws, then maybe they might know someone who did. And, maybe they should go back and talk to those people and tell them to re-think their position on firearms we were trying to be nice.

edit on Sun Apr 12 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed long quote IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

+16 more 
posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Hows that song go? "You don't know what ya got, till it's gone..."

That's what popped in my head anyway, they didnt understand what they were bitchin and voting against, till they needed it.

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Just... Karma.

It's probably wishful thinking on my part that this may have positive consequences for our 2A rights going forward.

Although from the sounds of it they will just blame the shop owners and not their own politicians.

Still funny... thanks for posting!!

S&F

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 10:15 AM
link   

meanwhile - in the real world ................................................

+22 more 
posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 10:19 AM
link   
It's funny how fast anti-gun liberal stances go out the window when fear and paranoia is introduced.

These must be the same idiots that are panick buying toilet paper and other goods.

+13 more 
posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 10:32 AM
link   

It's a good thing these liberals couldn't get the guns. They like to kill babies, so imagine that.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
It's funny how fast anti-gun liberal stances go out the window when fear and paranoia is introduced.

These must be the same idiots that are panick buying toilet paper and other goods.

and that, is sadly the truth

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Of course, it is a moot point in some Liberal states, as the gun stores are all closed.
Massachusetts, New Mexico, Michigan and New York. I think California.
Feel free to add to this list.

www.dailynews.com...

ETA
Pennsylvania
California ---varies by county
edit on Sun Apr 12 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   

What are you talking about? I consider myself to fall on the progressive side of things and I just bought my GF a sweet little Glock pink 9mm. In the real world, most libs I know all have firearms.

I'm for some gun control to ban drunks, felons, domestic abusers and crazy MFers shouldn't have firearms.

Anyone else, it's your money, buy whatever you want.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 10:45 AM
link   

How does he know they’re liberals?

“They’re shocked to discover they can’t just walk out of the store with a gun.”

That's some bullet proof detective work there.

+16 more 
posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

What are you talking about? I consider myself to fall on the progressive side of things and I just bought my GF a sweet little Glock pink 9mm. In the real world, most libs I know all have firearms.

I'm for some gun control to ban drunks, felons, domestic abusers and crazy MFers shouldn't have firearms.

dude, seriously...a pink 9mm??? wtf is you GF 13?
Ya buy her a pink pipe wrench for under the sink?

+9 more 
posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 10:46 AM
link   
The scary part of that story to me is how many of those panic buyers don’t have any training or understanding of basic firearms safety.
The staff at those stores must be going nuts with people waving guns around.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

“No right is absolute, so the courts require a ‘compelling state interest’ to overcome an assertion of a fundamental right, or a violation of equal protection,” Campbell said.

This quote, from the article you linked, bothers me a bit.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

dude, seriously...a pink 9mm??? wtf is you GF 13?
Ya buy her a pink pipe wrench for under the sink?

She picked it out for herself. It was a Valentines day present.

What difference does color make when the expressed purpose of the item is to blow a hole in intruders.

Personally I have a 12ga with shells loaded with dimes; cut you clean in half. Got the idea from "Young Guns" that I was BG in back in '88
edit on 12-4-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Governor Tom Wolf of Pennsylvania has shut down gun stores.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 10:53 AM
link   
A propaganda piece, written in a propaganda news outlet that relies upon forth hand information has now been turned into fifth or sixth hand information, I lost count. The article was written by a guy who knew a gal who was told by her father..

I wonder if on their fire arm application forms they had to fill out a blank to testify if they were liberal or conservative. I think not. I wonder that this article assumes that all these first time owners might not just be conservative people who have never owned a gun before. Or for that matter someone with no political associations, just people. Does this author also think all conservative already own a gun? Is that a prerequisite to being conservative?

Basically this article is a hit piece on liberals yet offers no proof that there is any truth to it. It's hyperbolic propaganda.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

How does he know they’re liberals?

“They’re shocked to discover they can’t just walk out of the store with a gun.”

That's some bullet proof detective work there.

I have to concur, nothing in the article really indicates the prospective buyers were liberals.

However, it's a pretty safe bet a lot of them were pro-gun-control, because gun control advocates are consistently the least-informed people on anything related to firearms and firearm laws.

The hilarity described in the article is exactly what I'd expect to hear when someone whose only knowledge about guns comes from Hollywood movies and memes shared by Moms Demand tries to go buy a gun.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Personally I have a 12ga with shells loaded with dimes; cut you clean in half. Got the idea from "Young Guns" that I was BG in back in '88

I hope this is a joke.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

It's that last bit. The crazy mfers part, that's troubling.

Pretty subjective.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12
Come on olaru, you know what they are talking about. What they are talking about is the easy assumption that everything is black and white. Conservatives are the only ones who own guns and no liberals do. You and I know that's bullcrap but that kind of thing does not serve the political agenda of the NRA. I think that here I am seen as liberal as well but no one ever says that to my hunting rifles nor my 20gage home defense shotguns.

It's just easier to draw that line in the sand of conservatives want their guns an liberals want to take them away. It's baloney.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join