It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Team Exploited the Coronavirus Pandemic to Set a 26-Hour 38-Minute Cross-Country Record

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 09:24 PM
link   
(Has this already been posted? I couldn't find it. Ah, but I only searched Cannonball Run)
Well, it seems some are taking advantage of not getting pulled over right now.

What do you think about them doing this?

Personally, I'm ok with it. Didn't hurt anyone, or me.

Maybe I shouldn't be? Not sure why though.
Cannonball Run

edit on 11-4-2020 by chiefsmom because: addition

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
(Has this already been posted? I couldn't find it. Ah, but I only searched Cannonball Run)
Well, it seems some are taking advantage of not getting pulled over right now.

What do you think about them doing this?

Personally, I'm ok with it. Didn't hurt anyone, or me.

Maybe I shouldn't be? Not sure why though.
Cannonball Run

For the record, this terrible, awful, and massively anti-social.

On the other hand, I wish I’d thought of it.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Hahaha. How did I know it was going to be a Cannonball before I even opened the page

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

I've heard truckers are loving it too. but it certainly is an unfair advantage

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Just too bad they didn't wear costumes.
I'm going to have to watch the movie again tomorrow.
LOL

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

I agree, but also safer?

Would be really interesting to know what it could be done in, with absolutely no traffic.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 10:03 PM
link   
It was in bad taste...

Now is completely the wrong time...

What a bunch of ninnies. Some dufus said:

If you hit a truck moving medical supplies and people die because of it, that's on you. People are counting on those trucks moving around right now. It's not funny.

What a moron. There are ambulances moving on the highways every day, carrying critically ill patients en route to emergency treatment. Somehow that's more serious now than any other time.

I'm really sick of this virtue signaling Chinese flu emergency crap. Some folks need to chill.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

Well think about it like this. From LA to Virginia beach is 2723 miles according to Google maps.

If a person were to do 200 miles per hour they would get there in just under 14 hours with non stop driving.

If you have designated spots along the way for tire change, oil change and gas and driver change. It would probably be around 15 hours.

26 hours is actually pretty damn good. My record is 36 hours. That was driving non stop stopping for just gas and averaging about 165mph.
edit on 1142020 by AutomateThis1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1142020 by AutomateThis1 because: Fudged my number

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I love the two movies, just wished they made a 3rd one. Good experiment, too bad they didn't uses a Hyper car going max speed. If it only takes 26 hour to get from L.A to New York, just imagine what Fighter Jets can do before nuking us. Also a good time to be a Courier, no traffic.

edit on 11-4-2020 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom

I agree, but also safer?

Would be really interesting to know what it could be done in, with absolutely no traffic.

Oh Id love to try it, of course in the right car. Used to drive a lot across the southeast and would always try and beat my times driving back and forth.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

Atlanta to Fontana in 38 hours in a 62 mph truck.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 11:14 PM
link   

It depends on where we're talking about. California? Sweet Jesus it's awesome. There's still traffic, but not even close to normal.

Other areas, not so much. Less traffic, more people being stupid.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I just watched The Gumball Rally earlier in the week and this thread reminds me of that line from the movie:
"What'sa behind me isa not important."

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Wait what? lol

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 11:44 PM
link   

We regularly ran Blythe, California to Atlanta in about 39 hours in a 62 mph truck. Pick up between 5 and 7am, and drop before 11pm the following night. It was more like 9-10 pm after we got the truck turned up to 65.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Yeah, pretty much the only thing I like about California that isn't nature are the long desert highways.

When I was stationed in San Diego me and my buddies used to do sprints back and forth across the desert roads.

No cops to be seen. Only downside is that if your car burns up you're stuck waiting hours in the heat for a tow truck at one hell of an expensive price.
edit on 1142020 by AutomateThis1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

We regularly ran Blythe, California to Atlanta in about 39 hours in a 62 mph truck. Pick up between 5 and 7am, and drop before 11pm the following night. It was more like 9-10 pm after we got the truck turned up to 65.

You're making me question my time lol. One of these days I'll take another stab at it. I just don't like speeding on public roads as much as I used to.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 01:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Atlanta to Fontana in 38 hours in a 62 mph truck.

Meanwhile your load of bacon going to Buttonwillow Ca, was burnt to a crisp back in Amarillo texss....
edit on 12-4-2020 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

I just looked up 62 mph truck, because I had a feeling that it meant more than just a truck with a limp. That video clip you posted gave me a oush to do it.

Everything makes sense now.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Awesome!!!! Well done boys. And in rhat great eff u American tradition too.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join