It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

524,903 Infected in the U.S. 20,389 Dead from COVID-19 a 3.88% Death Rate

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Ooops
I actually forget to add one more, the practise of writing wrong death certicates....

Yeeh i know.... heads rolling with this all....it`s a wonderfull complex New World Order .

TPTB design things as multi step 1 2 3 4 5 etc....i dont know how could use Occams razor to this...
edit on 12-4-2020 by Kenzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

If the German numbers are right that would put the death rate for Covid-19 almost identical to the Flu. With a higher percentage of elderly dying and a lower percentage of younger people dying.

Based on the newest spread rate wich has been estimated at 5X1, and the speculation that this disease was here in the US up to a month or so before what can be proven at this time, I believe the German numbers are probably quite accurate.

The problem for most people is they have no idea of the numbers of people that die each day from the various causes of death that plague mankind. So these numbers look scary to the uneducated.

I don’t blame anyone for not reporting daily mortality rates publicly as that would be a rather morbid approach to dealing with what is natural to the human condition.

edit on 12-4-2020 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

Widespread antibody testing and viral testing, are the two critical components needed for accurate modeling (and thus policy-making), but we're on the third month of a "crisis" and it's crickets on either -- other than saying they really want to do that someday. It's a joke.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

The infection rate is higher than the tested rate. So the mortality rate means little.

Unless it kills you or someone you care for. Then it surely counts for something.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Exactly. A friend of my dads in the UK died from Covid last week (he was only 62) and I worry every single day about my partner who is a Clinical Nurse in a hospital. This is real and it's scary. When It affects you or your family directly, it puts things into perspective.

a reply to: purplemer

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

a reply to: ElectricUniverse

The infection rate is higher than the tested rate. So the mortality rate means little.

Unless it kills you or someone you care for. Then it surely counts for something.

A number as small as one is indeed a tragedy. Tens of thousands will die here, hundreds of thousands worldwide. And that is horrific for each family involved.
But we don't make sweeping restrictions on life to save what are statistically speaking small amounts of people. Around 5,000 people died in the US from choking last year. Should we mandate liquid only diets? Over 600,000 died of heart disease. Should we give everyone ration cards to regulate their diets?

Liberty is risk. People are responsible for their own decisions. There is no such thing as life insurance. Almost seven million people died in the US last year. Living is dying.

edit on 12-4-2020 by RadioRobert because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 02:01 PM
link   

This is the mindset behind the anti-gun movement.

"If it'd save just one life. . . . . . "

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   

But we don't make sweeping restrictions on life to save what are statistically speaking small amounts of people. Around 5,000 people died in the US from choking last year. Should we mandate liquid only diets? Over 600,000 died of heart disease. Should we give everyone ration cards to regulate their diets?

But we dont know the figures. If some 20 perecent of peeps need hospital and they all need it at the same time then its not going to be nice. If upto 1/3 of peeps that recover need help with there lungs for rest of life then its a problem.

If you let it spread that 20 percent figure may increase. Look at what happened with the third wave in the spanish flu.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

But we dont know the figures. 

We don't here because most people are not being tested. Which is indeed a failure of the worst sort. We do know from the countries that DO test widely that it is highly prevalent. Which means an overwhelming majority of cases are mild or asymptomatic.

In Italy, they tested 60 blood donors for antibodies. All of them said they had never been exposed to the novel coronavirus, but 40 of the 60 tested positive for antibodies! So forty of the sixty who said, "I've never been near it" had actually already been exposed and defeated the virus.

The CDC estimates for the number of beds and ventilators are both dropping precipitously (as in off a cliff). New York never had any where near the 40,000 ventilated patients (actually as many as 80,000 patients because you can double up patients if necessary) they originally claimed they needed. A field hospital in Seattle, an early hotspot, was dismantled because they never needed to send a single patient there.

So we do know that we aren't going to put everyone in a hospital at the same time unless something drastically changes in the virus itself.

That doesn't mean people should not be careful or that people should do whatever they want -- it does mean that the draconian actions being forced upon people outweigh the potential dangers.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 03:00 PM
link   

That doesn't mean people should not be careful or that people should do whatever they want -- it does mean that the draconian actions being forced upon people outweigh the potential dangers.

I cannot evaluate if the above is true or not because I cannot weigh the danger.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

I cannot evaluate if the above is true or not because I cannot weigh the danger.

If we cannot weigh the danger with the information we have, it argues even more strongly AGAINST disrupting our entire economy and constitutional freedoms as nothing more than a pacifier for scared people.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Yet, Italy has almost 20k deaths and registered over 500 daily for 2 weeks after their peak. The US has 5.5 times more people so 100K+ isn't that far fetched.

People saying it will be less than the flu are just basing that on the stats that feed their hope.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Not everywhere is going to peak at the same time. There may be seasonality involved. We will begin to get more understanding about the virus and treatments.

It may end up being a lower mortality rate than the flu, but higher in certain demographics and lower in others, so more noticeable, etc

And of course, this is a novel virus our communities have never encountered.
It could have a lower mortality rate than the flu, but be much more virulent because of that and have a higher attributed number of deaths.

Regardless, I bet we're under 80k even padding the numbers. There is every reason to treat this seriously, but I don't see anything suggesting it merits destroying the economy and infringing civil liberties or executing a propaganda fear campagin against it's own citizens.

South Korea and Japan acted responsibly and didn't need to violate civil liberties. Are we that much more inept that tyranny is our only choice?

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Not everywhere is going to peak at the same time. There may be seasonality involved. We will begin to get more understanding about the virus and treatments.

That was pretty much the point. Italy peaked a little over 2 weeks ago. The US isn't there yet.

It may end up being a lower mortality rate than the flu, but higher in certain demographics and lower in others, so more noticeable, etc

It already blew past the number for confirmed flu deaths which is around 6K. The 12K to 60K often cited is for an estimate the CDC made using a model.

Regardless, I bet we're under 80k even padding the numbers. There is every reason to treat this seriously, but I don't see anything suggesting it merits destroying the economy and infringing civil liberties or executing a propaganda fear campagin against it's own citizens.

Only time will tell.

South Korea and Japan acted responsibly and didn't need to violate civil liberties. Are we that much more inept that tyranny is our only choice?

If the shoe fits.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 05:37 PM
link   

It will be interesting to see what history has to say about our over-reaction.

I guess it will depend on how much damage is done to America's economy and livelihoods.

edit on 4/12/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 05:59 PM
link   

A few things, but I'm too lazy to parse your quote.

Not everywhere in the US will peak in the same timeframe. It's taken six weeks to ramp up to here, and it will continue at this level for a while and slowly trail off. It will never go to zero.

Mortality rate=/ equal mortality numbers. It could well be "less deadly" by rate/% than the flu but kill more people than the flu in total for the reasons I listed.

If the shoe fits.

We never tried on the shoe. We jumped straight to an iron throne.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 06:07 PM
link   
It might not continue at that level. It might rise at the same time in various spots. But even if it does, that will just mean that the trail off might last longer. It won't change the number of deaths when it is all said and done.

It could also be more deadly than the flu and also kill more people. Nobody really knows.

The shoe fitting was about the US being more irresponsible. Seems to be that is what led to tyranny being the only choice.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 06:22 PM
link   

It's not significantly more deadly in countries that are properly screening and have reliable data. Even if it were, it does not merit tyranny.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Screening? I thought we were talking about the population willingly following guidelines?

In places where they did not, then "tyranny" had to be used. That is in quotes because it seems a little hyperbolic to me.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Swedes are ready for the iron fist because they still go to restaurants?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join