It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Covid-19 and it’s Influence on Art - New World Art

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   
We had a coupon for the kids to get free Ice cream at a local ice cream shop. The workers and all of us had our masks on. When the girl took the kids order I could tell she was really trying to express her excitement and joy to take their order, trying to make them smile, But with the mask covering her smiling face only here eyes could communicate her joy. It seemed so odd to be in a place that is all about joy and smiles to not see any smiles.
She did work hard to convey her emotions with her eyes and I really did appreciate her efforts.

If it wasn’t for covid-19 this observation would never happen. It made me sad and thoughtful about the ramifications of all that is to come from the new shared experiences that will come about due to Covid-19 and the worlds reaction.

Below is what I came up with as I reflected on that surreal moment in the ice cream shop.

Ice Cream Shop Girl

Her eyes are working hard on a task.
To convince me,
There is a smile underneath her mask

Colorful rose, pink lips, stretched tight
pearly whites on display,
in a fabric tomb, art with no light.

Sculptures of cheeks,
dimples and napes
Not to be seen coverd in drapes.

Her eyes work hard, so do mine
To convey our smiles,
Our artwork of kind.

I pay for two scoops, exclaim my delight
I’m grateful for your time
And your joyous smile I can see in your eyes.

At least there is something to look forward to. As more people begin to share their experiences with art.

I just wanted to share this, to get it off my chest.

I’d love to see anyone else’s ideas that have been influenced by this new reality we are faced with.
And discuss what you think the future of art will look like.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Observationalist

I expect an explosion of art coming from all these bored people who are staying home.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Indeed. You got anything? Post away.

I have learned that art for me is all about the process more than the end result. I posted this poem way before I had a chance to second guess myself and edit the #hit out of it till there was nothing left. I ain’t no Dickinson, but if I tried to be I’d never get a chance to express a moment that made an impact on me. So let’s see what you got.

I gonna dust off my guitar and see what comes out.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Observationalist

Indeed. You got anything? Post away.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Observationalist
But with the mask covering her smiling face only here eyes could communicate her joy.

I wore a mask to the supermarket the other day and drew a big smile on it with a black marker.

I forgot I did that after a while but the smile in people's eyes reminded me.

I washed the mask when I got home and will wear it again.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot

originally posted by: Observationalist
But with the mask covering her smiling face only here eyes could communicate her joy.

I wore a mask to the supermarket the other day and drew a big smile on it with a black marker.

I forgot I did that after a while but the smile in people's eyes reminded me.

I washed the mask when I got home and will wear it again.

Cool, that’s a great idea. Gotta get me one of those.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Covid 19 shut down all local art supply stores, so unless you know your product the only way to get what you need is online in my area... I do a lot of art so I am in need of supplies quite often, I hate buying online unless I know the product very well as pixel colors and internet images are not always the best representation of what you are purchasing. Also everyone is broke so buying pieces that were commissioned months ago are now stagnant and a massive waste of my time in regards to finances spent versus return and now a waste of space. Lack of people and materials other commissioned work wont get finished till guarantee of payment.

I hope to see a lot of people create during this mass hysteria, so I just giving a couple of cents from my perspective.

new topics

top topics

join