It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here’s how Apple and Google plan to track Coronavirus through your phone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 11:01 AM
link   

The tech giants on Friday said they will release tools for software developers to create so-called contact-tracing apps that record when smartphones come into close contact with each other. Such apps could warn users if they were nearby someone later diagnosed as positive for Covid-19.

The plan, which could potentially cover most of the world’s smartphones, is ambitious and almost surely will be controversial in certain quarters for privacy and other reason”

Her e’s how Apple and Google plan to track Coronavirus through your phone

This is much larger of a problem than any “virus”. In fact it could be looked at as just that, a malware against privacy. The power players are becoming for more comfortable engaging in more Orwellian tactics.

Mods: didn’t see this here yet; feel free to move it

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure that alphabet agencies and even the tax office is already doing it in my country. Dating apps can do it. I see no reason why it would be wrong in this case other than giving false sense of security

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: KiwiNite

I can tell you’re not in a country with much “freedom”. Sorry to hear that...... This won’t go over well here in the US.
edit on 11-4-2020 by SeektoUnderstand because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: KiwiNite
I'm pretty sure that alphabet agencies and even the tax office is already doing it in my country. Dating apps can do it. I see no reason why it would be wrong in this case other than giving false sense of security
so, you think giving up your privacy, to be followed around, by any company, criminal, government...basically the same thing...is ok.

This society is doomed

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 11:30 AM
link   
If you think you weren't being tracked before, on the same level, I have some news for you.

No matter what you do, you're being tracked, on levels you couldn't even imagine.

It doesn't even take you having a device, but just measuring the variables you give out, whenever you make ANY selection.

Metadata is building the Minority report of your nightmares, and "living" has included every datapoint they need, as a necessity, so it's pretty hard to ignore, you can not have an account, always use other this an that, but if most of the data is collected on a website and stored locally, because cookies are useless now an soon even more.

We've just moved to a new medium where " bits " are glued together to form a picture, mosaic datasets help create pictures you want to remain hidden...

You have to either be a hermit or exhaust yourself with extra effort to always remain hidden, average person just will not...

-----$0.01+$0.01= Just be mindful of what you do, and how it COULD be connected, be sporadic and unpredictable, so you are able to confus and be unique, that way you can at the very least, avoid being associated / misidentified as someone else and their "predictive pattern".

I wish I was joking, but I work in this field and it's not going anywhere anytime soon, in fact it's going to scale up incredibly, and the amount of interest only follows Moore's Law.
edit on 11-4-2020 by Tranceopticalinclined because: collection of datapoints by elves were needed

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Hmmmm. Let me give this thread title a makeover. "Welp....it looks like this is Big Brother's full-blown coming out party under the guise of helping us fight the bat flu with the help of our totally benevolent friends at Apple and Google"

Hmmm. I guess they could have probably prevented this altogether by shutting down international travel completely as soon as they heard about the CV. But why would they do that when they could wait for it to get bad here and take FULL advantage of our fear and desperation?

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Read about this yesterday, and today I have a full-on update on my samsung phone.
Android 10. yay

Timing seems a bit coincidental...

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tranceopticalinclined
If you think you weren't being tracked before, on the same level, I have some news for you.

Well, let's not get into the minutia of it but there are quite a few differences between doing it on the downlow and doing it with the full knowledge and consent of everyone.

For one thing, since Apple and Google pretty much own the smartphone and it's all but impossible to function in society today without one, it's basically impossible to opt out if you want to function in society and not be stalked by the people who own your phone (obviously you don't really own it if it's doing things you don't want it to).

So it might as well be an ankle bracelet and you might as well wear a white shirt with "SLAVE" written in large red letters on it.

So I guess it's not so much that this is new as it is that this is different in many subtle (but important nonetheless) ways.

No matter what you do, you're being tracked, on levels you couldn't even imagine.

Oh I think a lot of people have a better imagination than you give them credit for. And it's doing wonders for their mental health to even have this be a thing they should have to be thinking about on top of everything else that goes along with modern life.

But fair enough. You are doing something to raise awareness by saying "Hey man! This is nothing new!". But then you're backpedaling on that by using that fact as an excuse to tell people not to complain about it now because they weren't aware of it enough to complain before (or maybe they never had a reason to care). If you care, this is what you've been waiting for. A chance to put your voice in there with all the people who suddenly care along with you.

You have to either be a hermit or exhaust yourself with extra effort to always remain hidden, average person just will not...

Maybe so. But does it have to be that way? Do we have to just sit here and say "Oh well!"? Nope. Voicing our opposition to it might be the only thing we can do about it. It may not have any other impact at all. But to sit and not even speak when you know it is irresponsible. To not raise a finger to influence the potential bad points of it is irresponsible.

So you work in the field but what do you do to resist?

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

its all about dialog...

I say this to my bosses, or clients, whenever I find more problems than we both ever thought,

" Its the fact that we know there's a problem, and what it / they are, and we have solutions, it's just about connecting the two" lol

We ( those of us in the know ) speak up, to make a soapbox of these issues, for the very fact that they need more attention, they they get, and we need to be redundant and thought provocative, it always helps people remember!

Thank you for talking further about this!

Its the only way to raise awareness

--- I don't resist, I'm just smart about what I do, and how I use my freetime
I also am a hermit, lol but by choice, it's easier to think, in a realm where many have to "always do something, instead of have silence."
edit on 11-4-2020 by Tranceopticalinclined because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I posted the same! subject.
Coronavirus: Apple and Google team up to contact trace Covid-19
you dont get a app just a up date.
so turn updates off! and Bluetooth !

edit on 11-4-2020 by buddha because: they made me

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 12:54 PM
link   
As posted above, this topic is already being discussed.

Thread closed.

top topics

join