It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China's new LHD on fire in dock

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 04:42 AM
link   
mobile.twitter.com...

Breaking, so no details. New type 075 being built. Looks like maybe it's the first ship, not the second still under construction.

ETA: link below is a questionable news source, but they're the only one's carrying anything right now, and they don't have much info to twist

link

At this sensitive moment, on the morning of April 11, Hong Kong media broke the news that the Chinese Communist Army's first Type 075 amphibious assault ship had a sudden fire accident. The scene was filled with smoke and the stern was burnt black.
According to Hong Kong media, the burning 075 ship was officially launched on September 25, 2019, and the warship is currently outfitted (assembled on the shore). I am afraid that this fire will delay the delivery time of the ship.

edit on 11-4-2020 by RadioRobert because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Ha! Wonder if someone set a fire on that thing. The ineptness of Chinese building. .... gotta love it!

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: BerkshireEntity

Meh, we lost the SSN Miami to a shipyard fire. They decommissioned it after the fire. Our own LHD Iwo Jima had a shipyard fire. The Burke-class Oscar Austin is in the middle of a three or four year repair after a shipyard fire. Etc, etc # happens.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert
a reply to: BerkshireEntity

Meh, we lost the SSN Miami to a shipyard fire. They decommissioned it after the fire. Our own LHD Iwo Jima had a shipyard fire. The Burke-class Oscar Austin is in the middle of a three or four year repair after a shipyard fire. Etc, etc # happens.

That’s really brutal, beautiful but brutal.
Think I would prefer to be on a US ship at any rate

Great retort, gold

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

Probably used chinese wiring....lol

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 09:43 AM
link   
And the war goes on...

I ordered some thing from ebay china in december!
just got it? I put it in a pan of boiling water for 10 mins!

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: buddha

Don't pop the bubble wrap....
That's Chinese air......

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

This made me smile, thanks for giving us some good news from China for a change.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Word going around is that it looked far worse than it was. Styrofoam packing material caught fire. They're already cleaning the soot off the aft, and starting to repaint.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 02:10 PM
link   
thanks Zaph.....glad it wasnt gas cans for a generator spilled right at takeoff....

that old trick.....
edit on 11-4-2020 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Taken today.

She's fine. There are some soot stains in spots you can see, but they've cleaned her up. The Chinese think they'll have a month or so delay as a result. Safety problems were not unanticipated as there were warnings over and over recently as workers went back after the virus quarantines to be careful.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 06:18 PM
link   
We shall see. Painted her up quick, though! We don't care that much about images.

new topics

top topics

join