It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could this be another CoVID-19 Killer?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 01:47 PM
link   
We use UV sterilizers in the Aquarium trade it has to be done at the correct exposure time in order to work . It would not be feasible to use inside the body no telling what damage it would do even could kill off healthy cells .
edit on 4/24/2020 by Gargoyle91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91
We use UV sterilizers in the Aquarium trade it has to be done at the correct exposure time in order to work . It would not be feasible to use inside the body no telling what damage it would do even could kill off healthy cells .

Please submit your collegiate credentials and any experience in a BSL 2 and above, to Cedar Sinai Hospital.
I'm sure they'll be disinterested.
Thank you for your reply.

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

Fox news reporters Dana Perino with John Robert's reporting on the "injecting disinfection" comment by President Trump also stated that Cedar Sinai Hospital is using UV light, transluminated into the lungs via a Endotracheal tube, to kill the virus.

Wow...

I knew it was possible to do, but my experience with UV is that it would damage the lungs as well as kill the virus... sorta like burning the house down to get rid of termites. Maybe someone found a way around that.

It also kinda throws Trump's recent question about using light to kill the WuFlu in a new light... maybe it could work? Maybe technology has figured out how to use it... I'll be watching for more info on the new treatment. Thanks for the heads-up.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Fox news reporters Dana Perino with John Robert's reporting on the "injecting disinfection" comment by President Trump also stated that Cedar Sinai Hospital is using UV light, transluminated into the lungs via a Endotracheal tube, to kill the virus.

Wow...

I knew it was possible to do, but my experience with UV is that it would damage the lungs as well as kill the virus... sorta like burning the house down to get rid of termites. Maybe someone found a way around that.

It also kinda throws Trump's recent question about using light to kill the WuFlu in a new light... maybe it could work? Maybe technology has figured out how to use it... I'll be watching for more info on the new treatment. Thanks for the heads-up.

TheRedneck

Yes, the UVC safe wave length is 222nm.
It will kill the virus and spare the human cells.
I thought of it first, and sent it to the White House.
Here is a copy of the email I sent President Trump.

" Dear President Trump.

There is a new technology that may be used to kill the Chinese virus, but it has not yet been assembled. With your help I believe you and Vice President Pence could do it over the week end.

It involves a company called FarUV www.faruv.com... . They make an ultraviolet light that emits, at a wave length, of 222nm. This wave length does not harm human tissue but will cause Thiamine dimmers in the CoVID-19 and kill it. And it will kill it in around 20 seconds. Another company called Boston Scientific makes a product for Airway Endoscopy www.bostonscientific.com...

FarUV has the ability to make a UV LED bulb that is small enough, and strong enough, to be attached directly to a Boston Scientific airway endoscopy scope. The scope would introduce the LED directly into the lungs. The UV light at 222nm, would kill, almost instantly, the Chinese virus in the lungs. Attaching it to a cardiac catheter and inserting it in to the blood stream, would have the same result.

May GOD bless you, your family, and The United States of America. "
edit on V402020Fridaypm30America/ChicagoFri, 24 Apr 2020 20:40:56 -05001 by Violater1 because: iofohu

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 03:12 AM
link   

It seems there have been tests using 222 nm that seem to produce no lasting ill effects on mice. You convinced me to check it out, and that is one study I found that was open-sourced. There were others.

I went back and looked at my notes from a few years back. The project I mentioned was dropped due to lack of interest from the inventor (he never sent me the data on his germicidal experimentation so I could work out power levels), but the wavelength he had approached me about using was 265 nm. That appears to be the optimum wide-spectrum wavelength. At the time, we were having issues finding 265 nm LEDs, and the power requirements for mercury lamps were making it hard to scale the units down.

Just my luck; I found several sources for 265 nm LEDs at < $5.00 now. Of course.

One potential issue I did come across is that 222 nm seems to be safe due to the inability of it to reach the cell nuclei. Apparently it is readily absorbed by proteins in the cell. This protects the host nuclei, but would also provide "hiding places" for some virii in a cell-rich environment. I would like to see the data on the efficiency of 222 nm UVC on the WuFlu virus specifically; maybe they will release that data. If effective enough, that potential difficulty may be irrelevant.

WuFlu seems to create additional proteins during replication, one of which can replace the iron ion in hemoglobin and render the oxygen transport mechanism of red blood cells useless. I believe this may be the reason some people become deathly ill while others do not; the virus can enter the blood stream through the lungs under certain circumstances. If true, the ability of 222 nm light to be absorbed by proteins might prove to be useful in preventing this issue as well by destroying the protein's ability to replace iron ions.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 09:59 AM
link   

It seems there have been tests using 222 nm that seem to produce no lasting ill effects on mice. You convinced me to check it out, and that is one study I found that was open-sourced. There were others.

I went back and looked at my notes from a few years back. The project I mentioned was dropped due to lack of interest from the inventor (he never sent me the data on his germicidal experimentation so I could work out power levels), but the wavelength he had approached me about using was 265 nm. That appears to be the optimum wide-spectrum wavelength. At the time, we were having issues finding 265 nm LEDs, and the power requirements for mercury lamps were making it hard to scale the units down.

Just my luck; I found several sources for 265 nm LEDs at < $5.00 now. Of course.

One potential issue I did come across is that 222 nm seems to be safe due to the inability of it to reach the cell nuclei. Apparently it is readily absorbed by proteins in the cell. This protects the host nuclei, but would also provide "hiding places" for some virii in a cell-rich environment. I would like to see the data on the efficiency of 222 nm UVC on the WuFlu virus specifically; maybe they will release that data. If effective enough, that potential difficulty may be irrelevant.

WuFlu seems to create additional proteins during replication, one of which can replace the iron ion in hemoglobin and render the oxygen transport mechanism of red blood cells useless. I believe this may be the reason some people become deathly ill while others do not; the virus can enter the blood stream through the lungs under certain circumstances. If true, the ability of 222 nm light to be absorbed by proteins might prove to be useful in preventing this issue as well by destroying the protein's ability to replace iron ions.

TheRedneck

Absolutly, and think of the potential of it being attached to a fine hair fiber optic strand, or strands. In vivo, you would surround a tumor (point the ends at it's surface) and increase the wave length to 265 nm. Reduce the wavelength to 222, and kill viruses in the blood stream.
Yes ATS, you heard it here first.

edit on V072020Saturdayam30America/ChicagoSat, 25 Apr 2020 11:07:13 -05001 by Violater1 because: tktg

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: FyreByrd

www.nature.com...

journals.plos.org.../journal.pone.0202275 - In Vitro (or a testtube)

Can't find a dang thing about the potential for use in lungs or blood. Only for disinfecting.

Geez

Yep once it's in you it's up to your immune system...for better or worse. Lots of different alleged treatments but nothing concrete yet. Blood plasma from persons with antibodies has some promise, but it is so early. Thought I read where China was sending blood to Italy a while back.

philnews.ph... aly-send-31-tonnes-of-medical-supplies-health-experts/

"That is rather unfortunate, because this is what has been portrayed in movies and televisions and so forth and so on, because the first thing somebody screams is for blood as the first line of defense, not recognizing, and we haven't recognized in medicine for a long period of time, that blood is probably the most dangerous substance we use in medicine today, probably kills more than any other drug that we use and it should not be used as the first line of defense but rather the last." (Dr. Ronald Lapin, surgeon; radio interview from the mid 80's.)

Yet when it comes to discussing the side-effects of hydroxychloroquine combined with azithromycin (zithromax/Z-pack), the newsmedia and 'experts' that get the most attention in the news (scientific news included) are quick to point them all out without discussing mitigating circumstances that make these side-effects rather negligible, rare and fixable (by switching from azithromycin to doxycycline for example; also demonstrating that it's not a particularly compelling argument against the use of HCQ).

See the question Dr. Lapin was responding to in the video below at 1:43:

Remember, selling blood is big business:

Details about HCQ and what I was talking about earlier:

Statistics for HCQ+Azithromycin used as a treatment for Covid-19 from a hospital in Marseille (3081 patients, 13 deaths; fatality rate: 0.4%):

COVID-19 – IHU

Imagine if they added zinc. According to some doctors in favor of this treatment, the key ingredient:

edit on 25-4-2020 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Trump's source for heat killing Covid19:

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 10:50 AM
link   

I have some serious concerns over this application.

TheRedneck

I might just stick to huffing Windex..

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 10:57 AM
link   

TheRedneck

So as blood circulates in our lungs to get O2 if we had a UV light in there it should go through the alveolis, all 300 million of them, as it then hits the blood and virus....

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

TheRedneck

So as blood circulates in our lungs to get O2 if we had a UV light in there it should go through the alveolis, all 300 million of them, as it then hits the blood and virus....

Actually, it's a Far UVC light. And yes, it would transluminate the lungs.

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1

So the question is how fast does ALL blood in our system circulate in the lungs? My assumption is rather fast... So reading about it... All blood circulates in about 20 secs to 1 min, so if you put a UV light in the lungs for 10 mins it would hit every blood cell at lease 10 times, so what if in 10 mins ALL blood cells are free of the virus and you did this one time per day? Would that not allow the body to fight it better?

We also need to understand that we do not need to kill this thing dead, just weaken it enough so a person can get over it and not progress to a ventilator, and then death.

edit on 25-4-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Almost any treatment even the most benign can damage the patient if its not done correctly, its the main reason I think the Media is absurd for running with the injecting disinfectant.
Nobody should be treating themselves at home with anything other than normal over the counter and following the directions.

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 11:24 AM
link   

So the question is how fast does ALL blood in our system circulate in the lungs? My assumption is rather fast... So reading about it... All blood circulates in about 20 secs to 1 min.

We also need to understand that we do not need to kill this thing dead, just weaken it enough so a person can get over it and not progress to a ventilator, and then death.

No assumption needed, at rest, it take about 40 to 45 seconds for blood to circulate through your entire body.
And yes, you want to kill this damn virus!
Cedars-Sinai Medical Center is conducting in vivo research on this now. USHIO AMERICA, INC. 5440 Cerritos Ave. Cypress, CA 90630, might be the suppliers of the FAR UVC 222 nm disinfectant LED.

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Almost any treatment even the most benign can damage the patient if its not done correctly, its the main reason I think the Media is absurd for running with the injecting disinfectant.
Nobody should be treating themselves at home with anything other than normal over the counter and following the directions.

You say this, but vast amounts of information is out there compared to even 20 years ago. I go to my doctor and she needs to look up the regiment of a drug and I could do the same. It all isn't rocket science, so yes I agree don't experiment, but we take drugs all the time that is basically best guess of our doctors. If Doctors around the world are saying XYZ is working and here is the dosage, how does your doctor best that in some way.

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Cedars-Sinai Medical Center is conducting in vivo research on this now. USHIO AMERICA, INC. 5440 Cerritos Ave. Cypress, CA 90630, might be the suppliers of the FAR UVC 222 nm disinfectant LED.

SOOooo what you are saying is it is time to buy 1 million 222 nm UV bulbs at 5 bucks a pop.... Then we can resell at 50

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

My fear is that this virus will reside in the Ganglia. The basal or trigeminal ganglia is where some viruses reside. The fiber optic would need to be inserted then, into the brain. I'll call it TrANscerebral AnGio- Ultraviolet Procedure, TANGO-UP. LOL, again, you heard it on ATS first.

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 11:47 AM
link   

My fear is that this virus will reside in the Ganglia. The basal or trigeminal ganglia is where some viruses reside. The fiber optic would need to be inserted then, into the brain. I'll call it TrANscerebral AnGio- Ultraviolet Procedure, TANGO-UP. LOL, again, you heard it on ATS first.

I don't think you need to go that far... You need to rely on the body killing it in about a 2 week period, but you may need to help so it doesn't progress to the ventilator stage, and that about all you need to do.

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   

SOOooo what you are saying is it is time to buy 1 million 222 nm UV bulbs at 5 bucks a pop.... Then we can resell at 50

The Krypton bulbs are necessary, but you would need to enclose them into a flexible fiber optic tube. This technology will explode, and many products and uses of it, will follow.

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 08:13 PM
link   

In vivo, you would surround a tumor (point the ends at it's surface) and increase the wave length to 265 nm. Reduce the wavelength to 222, and kill viruses in the blood stream.

I think that would prove difficult. The wavelength of light emitted by an LED depends on the doping used in the P-N junction, something that can't really be changed rapidly. On more traditional bulbs, like mercury vapor, it depends on the fluorescent coating used, again not something that can be adjusted on the fly.

I would estimate, due to the ability to tailor the wavelengths more precisely through doping, that LED would be the light source of choice. While two junctions can be included in one package (this how the RGB LEDs work), I would be hesitant about using something that could conceivably malfunction and hit my cells with 264 nm light instead of 222 nm.

One endoscope with the ability to attach either light source would be a better option IMO.

TheRedneck

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join