It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Florida Sonic Boom

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   
As many of you read in the news section of the site, there was a sonic boom that rattled the Tampa Bay area. I live near the area, but did not hear the boom as I am inland a bit. However, it was reported by local tv news station Baynews9, that the reports began coming in at 7:37pm and by 8:00pm, Macdill AFB informed the Pinellas County Sheriff's Department that it was 2 F-18's returning from manuevers. The tv station made it sound like something out of "Top Gun" when they buzzed the tower.

I wonder what really happened? It was also reported that the boom was heard as far south as Manatee county and as far north as Crystal River. For those of you that do not know the area, that is easliy 100+ miles apart. Even the talking head on tv said that it seemed "unusual" for a sonic boom to be heard over that wide of an area and to be felt on the ground. Normal space shuttle sonic booms are heard but not felt in this area.

If anyone has any further information, please let me know.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   
This sonic boom registered on USGS Earthquake site

Then mysteriously vanished from the listings later in the day

Obviously it was not an earthquake but triggered the USGS monitoring equipment

Pretty damn strange for a sonic boom to travel that far audibly

Definately some project we no nothing of!!!

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I somehow think we won't hear any more about this. Is there an Omega antenna in the area?

Now that the propaganda machine has settled the questions it will vanish into history without the truth behind it. Sonic booms from two jets do not get heard over such a large distance or so far underground.....

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 06:44 PM
link   
The NBC affiliate in Tampa reported on the 6pm news that they contacted the USGS monitoring stations in Colorado and that the "sonic boom" registered a 2.3 magnitude. Interesting to say the least!

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 07:10 PM
link   
In my personal belief there is something really really suspicious about the lot of it. The excuses that have been given just do not ring true.

Interesting to see the link between oil rigs and sonic booms

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 08:17 PM
link   
When did this happen? Im on the other side of Florida and haven't heard anything in the about it till this site.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Im about 65 miles from Tampa and I didn't hear anything about this either. I talked to a few of my friends from Tampa and they had no clue what I was talking about.

[edit on 12-3-2005 by Veltro]

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Omega Antenna??! Could you expound on the topic??

Does anyone know of Government testing of Identical Twins, using their "intuition" in two different "TIME" zones??

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 09:58 PM
link   
This happened on Friday, March 11 at 7:37pm. As I stated earlier, it has been reported on several local news stations. The St. Pete Times has an article about it, as does drudgereport.com

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 09:58 PM
link   
This happened on Friday, March 11 at 7:37pm. As I stated earlier, it has been reported on several local news stations. The St. Pete Times has an article about it, as does drudgereport.com

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 10:33 PM
link   
why isnt it possible for a sonic boom from two jets to be so big?
a couple of weeks ago in melbourne australia there was a lightning bolt that struck a power pole, and registerd as an earth quake over 70 km away
its basically the same sort of shock wave isnt it? i know there produced differently but they travell through the same medium and such, so why cant the jets have done this?

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Dr. Tesla had some interesting thoughts on lightning and the earth!!!

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Here in Rhode Island there are tons of Military aircraft all night and day. Some are loud as hell sometimes.

Like 3 months ago something very very weird happened. Around 8:00PM there was a weird type of "boom" or "explosion". First it sounded like a distant explosion and everything started to rumble slightly. Then it was like 3 mini concussions that were strong enough to shake my house.

At this point I thought this must be what it is like to hear being attacked in war. And I was scared to look out my window to see attack on America.

Then "BOOOOOOOM" what definatly sounded like thunder not far away.

So I dont know if this is what a sonic boom sounds like, but it started off as a distant explosion and then rumble until the grand finale explosion that felt like an Earthquake and large explosion.

Everyone was like "Wth was that". Either the thunder is getting stronger or it is that HAARP program I keep hearing about like manmade thunderstorms or something.

Might be the same thing down in Florida.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 04:08 AM
link   
The reason the lightning registered so far away was because the lightning hit the groud directly and then sent out a wave. The wave from the sonic boom had to travel through the air, then deep into the ground, so it was obviously a much much stonger boom then would be created by lightning.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 04:33 AM
link   
it registered at it's epicentre 5.0 kilometres underground. Had it of come from above that figure would have been much shallower.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 04:50 AM
link   
The "boom" is actually "boooooooooooooom".

It would be heard for as many miles as the planes are traveling at hypersonic speed (at a certain altitude, I am not sure of what altitude the planes would have to be flying to hear the boom).

For example, if the planes were flying steady at 1500 feet for 100 miles, and there were people standing one mile apart all along the path of the planes, the "boom" would be heard all along that 100 mile path by all 101 people as the planes flew over.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 07:28 AM
link   
The one thing that needs to be pointed out is that aircraft flies in and out of Macdill on a regular basis, and this have never happened that I have heard of. That is what makes it so suspect.

I do not know about it being registered 5.0 kilometers underground. I read that report on the site, and I do not take it to mean that. But I could be wrong.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I live in Bradenton Florida and I slept through the boom while others in my house were startled by it. The local news said the aircraft was flying too the Macdill Air Force Base. They say it was an unauthorized event that is being investigated.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 07:50 AM
link   

This happened on Friday, March 11 at 7:37pm.

As most know, I do live in Tampa Bay (St. Pete to be clear). Why does # always happen here?

This happened on Friday, March 11 at 7:37pm.

This is correct...according to news and others who heard it. I myself am still trying to figure out how I didn't hear it...but with my wife just getting home from the hospital and all, we were pretty out of it.

Needless to say, with McDill so close, I've heard the booms before, but it is rare. They must have been flying WAY too low to rattle the windows, as some of those I spoke with on Saturday claimed. (and they are credible as far as I am concerned).

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 08:15 AM
link   
As others have (sort of) said the sonic boom is not only heard when the aircraft passes through the sound barrier. It is heard long as the aircraft is travelling faster than sound.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join