It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass Graves NYC Covid 19

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: harold223

The Intercept did a piece on Rikers Island inmates being paid to dig said Graves.

The caveat a lot of these stories will miss is that this has been a practice going back some time in NYC. Obviously this new situation is going to add to it.

Okay, that explains things a little better.

Business as usual then.

Business as usual with an uptick in customers unfortunately.

But Hart Island has been used for some time. The practice of paying prisoners to do this has also been a thing for a while too. That is voluntary, and they pay the inmates 6$ an hour, which in the context of inmates is pretty high.
edit on 10-4-2020 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 07:20 AM
link   
ok found the one from the other day, won't link the thread but this is the source article.

The city's Office of the Chief Medical Examiner (OCME) quietly posted a significant but subtle policy change to its website: Instead of holding some bodies in refrigerated city storage for 30 days until they are claimed by families, the city will now hold them for less than half that time.

On Thursday, OCME's site said decedents who are not claimed by a funeral home within two weeks would be sent to the Bronx's Hart Island, where a graveyard called City Cemetery contains more than 1 million unclaimed bodies — the largest such site in the US.

New York City will bury unclaimed bodies on a remote island after 14 days because coronavirus deaths are overwhelming morgues

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: wheresthebody

Via video...due to contagion...but not in person

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 07:37 AM
link   

What cost dignity in death , it's a sad sight indeed but hopefully a temporary one until more dignified burials can be arranged.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 07:57 AM
link   
GE shows a trench there 6 26 2019. So I guess it's a normal thing

www.google.com...@40.8502246,-73.7699782,165m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x89c28c0d7b34078d:0xfea675f600d04b25!8m2!3d40.8536 269!4d-73.7705846
edit on 10-4-2020 by mikell because: (no reason given)

Next to square building with square on the roof

edit on 10-4-2020 by mikell because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: wheresthebody
are families not allowed to recover the body?

It’s a temporary measure because all morgues and funeral homes are beyond capacity. It’s not Ike these are unknown remains. When the death toll slows down and funeral homes and morgues can accommodate the requisite services, m people will be able to pUt their loved ones to rest properly.

Or maybe we could just leave bodies In the street when we run out of proper facilities like they did in Italy?

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar
It’s a temporary measure because all morgues and funeral homes are beyond capacity.

I hope so, because those coffins are stacked and would eventually collapse. Place would be a bio-hazard for decades if left as shown.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
I hope so, because those coffins are stacked and would eventually collapse. Place would be a bio-hazard for decades if left as shown.

The island is off limits to the public.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

The island is off limits to the public.

I ain't never gonna be found there ... with my boots on!!

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I found this link on YouTube. Talks about unclaimed bodies, people who die alone. Sad actually.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 10:04 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 10:05 AM
link   

From what I understand they had been giving families 30 days to claim their dead but the bodies started piling up too fast to be able to safely refrigerate them all so the time period has been reduced to 2 weeks. Hart Island is where they have buried unclaimed bodies pretty much forever.

I believe a lot of the people being buried there probably DO have families but perhaps because of travel restrictions or maybe even fear of catching the virus nobody is showing up to claim them. I would also think that morticians and funeral homes are being overwhelmed there and only have so much room at their facilities.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 10:24 AM
link   
That one article dated the 6th, says that they may be using & it could be used. So it sounds like it hasn't been implemented yet. They are preparing just in case. Says it's been used for unclaimed, unidentified & homeless over the years.

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: blend57

And Julie Sidoni has a fairly giant head for TV.

I don't know when that clip is from, but she must have a hair 'pouf'' there! She has a different hairdo now! She's a hometown girl from my area! Another hometown son is at WNET too. I enjoyed going on their site & seeing what they are doing now! Thanks blend57!

WOQ

*Just had a thought...are life insurance companies going to go bankrupt because of this??? 🙄
edit on 10-4-2020 by wasobservingquietly because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: wasobservingquietly

*Just had a thought...are life insurance companies going to go bankrupt because of this??? 🙄

very doubtful, if they are like other insurance they sell. i remember about 10 yrs ago or so i was on the way to work listening to the news on the radio. they did a story on how insurance companies were complaining about they had to pay out for malpractice claims it was something like 75 million or so. what they didn't say anything about was what the journalist investigated found that they collected almost a billion and a half in premiums.

the ba stards.

edit on 10-4-2020 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 01:45 PM
link   

a reply to: Wide-Eyes

And they're using prisoners for the labor.

Good.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oathkeeper73

a reply to: Wide-Eyes

And they're using prisoners for the labor.

Good.

Indeed.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I am telling you they played that clip on our local nightly news.. it's as real as them pumping it into everybackwoods town like mine ..

I changed the channel and ate another 40 mg of thc...

Just saying..

Respectfully,
~meathead
edit on 10-4-2020 by Mike Stivic because: When the looters come. I'm going to showem my man hooters just for fun.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 08:58 PM
link   
wheresthebody

originally posted by: are families not allowed to recover the body?

If they have no families, no. I suspect most of them will never be missed.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 11:03 PM
link   
You got a thousand people a day dying. they aren't even doing funerals right now pretty sure I know they're not here in Kansas City. So yeah they got ato burry those bodies somewhere somehow. should we stack them up like Lincoln logs in Central Park? LOL

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join