It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Catholicism

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikromarius

We are not allowed! Any picture of the divine, even of the things on Earth and below the Earth are defined as idols in the Law and is prohibited, the Law is the Word that became flesh in Jesus of Nazareth. It is prohibited for obvious reasons too which I have elaborated on earlier a thousand times! That you guys fail to see this and fail to respect the Word that became flesh in Jesus is a tragedy. I don't say I'm an angel or a saint who follow every commandment, every little direction and detail in the Law, but I love the Law, I see it's beauty and it's perfectiveness and I love it with all my heart. One of the very basics in the Law is that God is invisible, he can change his appearance like you change cloathes. Then why you you curse the holy ones by paying an artist to find a good piece of wood, paint it with their cursed mortal faces, illuminate it, write words on it and put a frame of gold on it, well what is different from the idols of the old? They're exactly the same. Helen even admits it, only she does not see that the Jews who kept such idols broke the Law, and fell short for the mercy God offered them through the Law if they followed it. There is nothing different between icons and idols. Icons are idols in it's most obvious form and that's how it is, no matter how old or valuable they are, no matter what you use them for, it is horrible! Use them as wood for your fireplace! And to pray to anyone except God is adultary. How you are able to twist these things and advocate the sins against it is a mystery to me. I just look forward to the day when Jesus returns and he does not at all look like the person on your idols and posters. Jesus can change his appearance as he wishes. When he showed himself for the two on the road to Emmaus he used another appearance than the one they knew, but his words "exposed" him: The wisdom here is: concentrate on his words, not how long "his" nose is or the three edged wrinkle in "his" forehead. Folly and shame it is. Traffic signs on the road to Hell.

Jesus has short, black hair when I meet him, and here is the explanation why: (about the instructions for the Levites and the priests in the new temple):

Ezekiel 44:20�Neither shall they shave their heads, nor suffer their locks to grow long; they shall only poll their heads.

And here is the reason why Jesus can't drink wine until he will drink it new with us in the Kingdom:

Eze 44:21�Neither shall any priest drink wine, when they enter into the inner court.

We read in the Epistle to the Hebrews, and know that Jesus is the highest priest in Heaven. And Jesus is not a lawless person. God made the Law, Jesus is the Law. And when he went home to Heaven he entered the inner court, the Holy of Holies and was once again instated as the Highest Priest in the Temple in Heaven in the order of Melkisedek.

It is true that the idols you keep should remind you of who we are: We are sinners.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

[Edited on 16-7-2003 by mikromarius]

Someone should warn the FBI or CIA about this guy. Sounds like the christian version of the Taliban. Keep an eye on any major statues, works of art and chess pieces around the world.

Mikro you sound like a Jehova Witness or a seventh day adventist. I know your not because you do beleive in the trinity though. Do you abstain from drinking, sex before marrage, blood transfusions, pig and any other unclean animals, do you segregate yourself after a wet dream.

In my mind the 'worst' followers of any faith are the fundamentalists. Of which you are obviously one.

Your beleifs are founded from your own interpretation of the scriptures. And others are from theirs.

You need to lighten up, you dont understand the religion or the personal experinces of the individual that encourage there belief's. Your arrogance inhibits this. Christians have are supposed to be accepting and understanding. I donot think my faith is better than any other, it just works well for me, as you with yours. The individual are the one that can get on my nerves, like you.

But I'm still praying for you.

One spritual bouqet

especially for you Mikro

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maddas
Someone should warn the FBI or CIA about this guy. Sounds like the christian version of the Taliban. Keep an eye on any major statues, works of art and chess pieces around the world.

To be honest, I actually believe that they know me already. The Taliban isn't very unlike the Catholics back in the dark ages. If you read a little history and use the insight of the Spirit of God, you'll see this too one day I hope. It's the same story again and again. There's nothing new under the Sun. The narrow path to God is still the same and it goes through a stadium where the people take the matters of God into their own hands. And a step for an Arab is just as long as a step for a Christian or a Jew, they have only started at different times. I don't want to destroy anything. I want you to cast away whatever you have made that is a scorn towards God.

Mikro you sound like a Jehova Witness or a seventh day adventist. I know your not because you do beleive in the trinity though.

Well now you really impressed me with your "Christian tollerance". I am a witness, but God's name isn't Jehovah, and I await the seveth Day with great homelonging, but I'm not an Adventist. I don't believe in your system either. I Believe in God. I believe in Jesus being his Son and Highest priest, and I am filled by God's Spirit from time to time. I believe in God being Love, not a three edged polygon with an eye in the middle where God is devided into three, or slaughtered is perhaps a better word. And when I am in the Spirit, God speeks to me in mysterious ways. I don't put any confindence in your Trinity���, Your Communion��� or your Confession��� or your deceitful System���. How on Earth did you manage to believe that? Not strange you can use the bible to advocate the worshipping of idols and the dead.

Do you abstain from drinking, sex before marrage, blood transfusions, pig and any other unclean animals, do you segregate yourself after a wet dream.

That is none of your business. That's a thing between me and God, and if you try to say anything else you only prove that you are part of a system that degrades humans into slaves of sin like the Pharicees at the time of Jesus. Most of the things I do you won't understand. All you see is an angry man who spits fire in your face when you threaten him. Just a shame that a burning man will not feel or see this fire.

In my mind the 'worst' followers of any faith are the fundamentalists. Of which you are obviously one.

Taste the word fundamentalist: It is made of a word that is applied to buildings -- fundament. Jesus is the cornerstone of a building that exceedes explanation other than the fact that it is spiritual one and of unspeekable beauty, size and perfectiveness. The elect are the other stones. If we cast away the foundation even you should understand what happens with the rest of the building. Like a building has four cornerstones, the Messiah is fourfold.

Your beleifs are founded from your own interpretation of the scriptures. And others are from theirs.

I speek the word as Jesus spoke it and with the same kind of guidance. I love the Law that you have cast away, I honour the Word that you have made into a fairytale and I worship God alone.

You need to lighten up, you dont understand the religion or the personal experinces of the individual that encourage there belief's. Your arrogance inhibits this. Christians have are supposed to be accepting and understanding. I donot think my faith is better than any other, it just works well for me, as you with yours. The individual are the one that can get on my nerves, like you.

I see you want to believe, but you believe not, for faith without works is like a fish on land, it cannot live. Like a bottle without a bottom, it cannot hold water. Like a wanderer without eyes, he doesn't know where the road goes. To create a system that systematically denounce the Word of God is shameful, disgusting and makes us into divided individuals who says one thing and does another.

But I'm still praying for you.

Good to know that even the blind ones does. Jesus' work wasn't in vain.

One spritual bouqet

especially for you Mikro

Pray and fast in the hidden. Don't show that you are praying and fasting, do it in the secret, like God works in the hidden. Don't announce it. God showed us his perfect Son so that we could keep him as an ideal and a perfect example so we could stretch our arms against him and seek to become like him. It is not impossible to live the way Jesus did and instructed us to, but it is impossible to be a believer and do this without denouncing the Catholic system.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

[Edited on 16-7-2003 by mikromarius]

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Let go Maddas, there's no point.
mikromarius, please dont attack catholicism anymore as you don't have any valid arguments and many find it very offensive.
We are all christians and I hope none of us is going to hell.

who

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Helen670- When i say I am agnostic, i mean it in that I dont beleive in God, but I do beleive there is more out there. Whether it is a higher power or whatever it is, I think something is out there. You base your beliefs of Jesus and all the stories told of him in a book, nothing more. I am sure you feel quite strongly about this book, but I just dont accept something that has no physical proof. I am sure I offended many people with my previous statement, but that is the truth in my eyes. There is no proof that Jesus was the son of God or that he died to save us all. Maybe he believed that was why he was on a cross bleeding to death, but who really knows? I come from a very religious family who do not agree with what I believe in, so I have heard all the arguments about how I am wrong. The only problem is that everything they say is based on a book with no physical evidence. I know there is more literature on Catholicism than just the bible, but it all comes back to stories told through generations and a belief in something that requires you not question it. That is one of my biggest problems, you are not allowed to question God or any of his doings.

Perhaps Jesus pulled the wool over everyone's eyes and got everyone to idolized him for no reason, this is completely possible. I apologize if I offended you or anyone else, this is just my $.02.

BTW helen670, I agree, never stop searching for the truth.

[Edited on 16-7-2003 by who]

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Perhaps Jesus pulled the wool over everyone's eyes and got everyone to idolized him for no reason, this is completely possible. I apologize if I offended you or anyone else, this is just my $.02.

Yes but, not every psycho (I presume that's what you meant if what Jesus said is not true) can walk on water, transform and be "illuminated", bring people from dead and be seen resurrected after he died.

Also, shroud of Turin is something very interesting. here.

Picture of it:
vesuvius.jsc.nasa.gov...

Mark 15:46
So Joseph bought some linen cloth, took down the body, wrapped it in the linen, and placed it in a tomb cut out of rock. Then he rolled a stone against the entrance of the tomb.

who

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 07:33 PM
link   
OK, you are still using the same book for all of your argument. Did you see him walk on water? Did you see him heal the sick? Did you see him be ressurected? NO, you didnt. You base everything you believe in on stories you were told and have read in the bible. As far as that rag they found, I previously stated that I dont deny he existed. Maybe 2000 years from now someone will dig up a shirt I wore. I see no meaning behind a rag they found in a tomb. Ironically, maybe it is his, so what. Does this prove anything? No it doesnt. other than the fact that he lived.

As far as your quote, just wondered how did one guy move a stone large enough to close the opening to a tomb? I know its kind of a strange question.

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by who
OK, you are still using the same book for all of your argument. Did you see him walk on water? Did you see him heal the sick? Did you see him be ressurected? NO, you didnt. You base everything you believe in on stories you were told and have read in the bible. As far as that rag they found, I previously stated that I dont deny he existed. Maybe 2000 years from now someone will dig up a shirt I wore. I see no meaning behind a rag they found in a tomb. Ironically, maybe it is his, so what. Does this prove anything? No it doesnt. other than the fact that he lived.

As far as your quote, just wondered how did one guy move a stone large enough to close the opening to a tomb? I know its kind of a strange question.

You seem to want answers but when you get them you disaprove them!
What is it exactly you want?
The stone was moved from the inside!
An angel was at the entrance of the tomb which had moved away the stone.....and terrified the soldiers standing guard at the tomb .

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by who

Hehe. People wonder about so many things. Keep on wondering and perhaps you'll end up believing one day, like I did. Personally I think Jesus pushed the stone away from the inside, perhaps hoping that there was a Roman soldier standing on the other side
. I find no interrest/faith in the Shroud of Turin. Jesus doesn't look like the guy on the shroud at all. Not now atleast.

BTW here is a link to the grave they mean was the tomb of Jesus. It looks much the same as my visions of it: www.mustardseed.net...

Blessings,
Mikromarius

who

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 06:48 PM
link   
It really amazes me how so many of you just take every word from the bible for absolute truth and dont even question it. However amazing, it is also very sad. Perhaps I am the one missing out, I too would love a simple world where everything can be answered with "because god made it". Unfortunatly I dont live in that mystical place, I live in reality.

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I don't hate Cathlics, I pray for them...

Not all Catholics are Christians.
The requirements are simple. That you believe in the Jesus of the Bible and no other. That you believe in salvation through the unmerited grace of God alone through faith alone in Christ alone. Not by works so that any man should boast.

The Roman Catholic Church has issued a proclamation that Mary is a co-redemptrix with Christ. This is not Biblical in any way shape or form. The Roman Catholic church also adheres to the REQUIREMENTS of Sacraments for salvation.

I have family who are Christian and worship in a Catholic church. I know this because I have spoken to them about what it is THEY believe.

I have found that it is possible to be a Christian and Catholic, but it is impossible to adhere to the teachings of Catholicism and be a Christian.

Just some verses to know and live by from the Bible (Bible= God's word, not your priests, bishops, cardinals, or the Pope's):

Romans 3:23

23for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

...kind of sums it up for you, everyone has sinned and must be saved or they will burn in hell, that's the sad, horrific truth...

John 3:14-16

14Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the desert, so the Son of Man must be lifted up,
15that everyone who believes in him may have eternal life.
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

... God sent his son (Jesus) to us from heaven so that we might be saved...

Ephesians 2:8-9

8For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith- and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God-
9not by works, so that no one can boast.

...one cannot be saved through any other work of man...

Titus 3:5

4But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared,
5he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit,
6whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior,
7so that, having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life.

...one can ONLY be saved by God's grace and mercy through faith in Christ...

Really everyone... when will you stop following Calvin's views, or Lutheran's views, or the Popes views and start following God's views???

There are many errors in the Catholic religion, and I will not hate you for being Catholic, or criticize, rather, I'd like to inform you about God, study the Bible on your own, do not be swayed in any manner by the teachings of your leaders or priests.
Folow the word of God, and only the word of God.

Peace to the brethern in the faith,
Tassadar

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 05:12 PM
link   
When speeking of the Catholic Church, the following quote must be kept in mind:

Matthew 11:12 From the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and violent men take it by force.

These violent men includes every priest, cardinal, pope and God knows what else of the Catholic Church who has sought to hijack the Kingdom of Heaven.

Another quote is just as important:
Matthew 5:17 Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill.

Jesus came to fulfill the promise of the Law:
Exodus 23:22�"But if you truly obey his (the Angel of God's) voice and do all that I say, then I will be an enemy to your enemies and an adversary to your adversaries.

And Exodus 23:24�"You shall not worship their gods, nor serve them, nor do according to their deeds; but you shall utterly overthrow them and break their [sacred] pillars in pieces. 25�"But you shall serve the LORD your God, and He will bless your bread and your water; and I will remove sickness from your midst. 26�"There shall be no one miscarrying or barren in your land; I will fulfill the number of your days.

And further in Exodus 23:32�"You shall make no covenant with them or with their gods. 33�"They shall not live in your land, because they will make you sin against Me; for [if] you serve their gods, it will surely be a snare to you."

Jesus will in other words only open the Kingdom for them who follow the commandments of God: They who worship God the Father alone and cast away every image used for worshipping, who doesn't take the Name of God in vain, who worships on the Sabbath only (not Sunday), who honor their parents and who doesn't kill or commit adultary, steal, lie or envy. When you keep these things, you surely love God and your neighbour like yourself and you can call yourself a believer in Christ and a follower of Jesus of Nazareth. Why this is so hard to understand is a mystery to me.

Now how does the Church actively comply with the ten commandments:

Commandment #1: She teach us to worship many gods and through a resonement which would be Hitler worthy, she melts everyone having the Name of God together and worships them one by one as one, allthough they are merely servants of God carrying his Name in them.

Commandment #2: She teach us to keep idols and shows us how to use them in our worship.

Commandment #3: This commandment she doesn't brake, for she doesn't know the Name of God. I guess that's why she prays to and worships everyone and everything else....

Commandment #4: She moved the day of worship from the Sabbath to the first day of the week, and sought to kill everyone who worshipped God according to the Law. Definitively not a wise thing to do....

Commandment #5: She disrespects the Father in all she does.

Commandment #6: She used to kill a boy for a scratch and a man for a wound, but now she's old and all her murderous lovers have left her. She used to love torture and causing pain on others.

Commandment #7: She has had so many lovers it's a miracle she's still alive.

Commandment #8: Everything she owns she has stolen. Every gold, every garnment, every book everything.

Commandment #9: She has a history of lying.

Commandment #10: And envy might be what is behind everything.

She can either repent or regret. My hope is that she does so before God gives her up. She's a shame for all of us who seek to serve God in a personal and nuctern way according to his will. Something that is virtually impossible in the world she has given suck and raised.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join