It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coronavirus: Ofcom formally probes David Icke TV interview

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 12:30 PM
link   
The Office of Communications - generally known as Ofcom - is the regulatory body that oversees broadcasting and telecommunications in the UK.

en.wikipedia.org...

I'm not a big fan of David Icke. I think the majority of what he says is absolute bollocks and his primary concern is profit. Most of his theories only serve to discredit genuine conspiracy theories.

As you'll all be aware he recently broadcast his 'thoughts' about the coronavirus outbreak.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'll hold my hand up and openly admit I haven't watched it or read in any depth about what he said.

But Ofcom are now 'investigating' his TV interview.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Personally I think this is a step too far.
The man may be talking nonsense but we can not allow the authorities to start determining just what we can or can not listen to or read etc.
Freedom of thought and freedom of speech are essential, no to borrow a phrase of our colonial cousins, are an inalienable right and they can not be compromised.....at least not at this moment in time.
Nothing he has said can warrant being censored and suppressed.

Don't know what anyone else thinks about this.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Nothing he has said can warrant being censored and suppressed.

Here's the interview.

www.davidicke.com...

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

The interviewer starts with the words :

"I may not agree with the things you say, but i will defend to the death your right to say it"

Hear hear.

edit on 9-4-2020 by EartOccupant because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Was it a 'tv' interview?

It wasn"t on tv.......

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

Thank you for posting.

The video is two and a half hours long and to be honest its hard for me to keep my concentrations levels up for that long nowadays.

Like the best way to eat an elephant, it'll be done bit by bit.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Personally I think this is a step too far.

Agreed , Ofcom should not be the thought police they are there to protect the consumer not filter what they see or hear.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

It wasn't on national TV but London Live broadcast it.....so it was on TV and it therefore qualifies to be described as a 'TV interview'.

Are you always as pedantic?

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 01:02 PM
link   
It`s time to start Yellow vests movement in UK if they are seriously now trying to supress freedom of speech

Fill the streets with millions of Yellow vests ...

Just my 2 cents

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Exactly.

People should be free to choose whether or not they agree with his opinions.
Even if they do it in no way impacts on anyone else in a negative or harmful way.

Thin end of the wedge?

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

It`s time to start Yellow vests movement in UK if they are seriously now trying to supress freedom of speech

They've been doing that for years but as long as people have their soap opera's and reality shows to watch the masses don't realize or care what is happening.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Oh I did not know that...... every day is a school day

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 01:10 PM
link   

I guess the underlying question was:

How far dous there jurisdiction goes?

TV?, YouTube?, Internet? Books? Pam-flats? Conversations?

edit on 9-4-2020 by EartOccupant because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   

True.

But God help them when they run out of recorded episodes of Eastenders, Coronation Street and Emmerdale to broadcast.
The natives will be revolting.

As an aside; having become a regular watcher of Tenable, Tipping Point and The Chase I have now realised just how lacking in basic knowledge and reasoned thought the majority of the public appear are....or at least that's the impression they give.
edit on 9/4/20 by Freeborn because: grammar

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   

I did not know, well damn. This is exactly why people should not watch the damn tv....

I dont watch TV, and i allready have yellow west

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Alex Jones # 2 incoming.

How many more until people wake up? How many will applaud the censorship of number 2 through 115?

Freedom of speech was defeated when they took down Alex. The ones clapping are too stupid to realize it.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: EartOccupant

Ofcom's regulatory authority is actually quite extensive including TV and radio, internet, postal services, telecommunications including mobile phones - cell phones - ham radio and video on demand.

When David Cameron was elected he said he was going to greatly reduce Ofcom's role....he and his successors have given more and more power and control to Ofcom.

Anyone doubting Boris Johnson'e intention should read this;

Following a consultation over the Online Harms White Paper published by the UK government in April 2019, the government announced in February 2020 that it intended Ofcom to have a greater role in Internet regulation to protect users from "harmful and illegal content".

en.wikipedia.org...

There are numerous Ofcom advisory committees that report to a Board.
The senior members of the Board are government appointees but to be honest with you I have no idea who makes up the various committee membership's or Board members.

Quite worrying when you consider just how much influence they have.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Following a consultation over the Online Harms White Paper published by the UK government in April 2019, the government announced in February 2020 that it intended Ofcom to have a greater role in Internet regulation to protect users from "harmful and illegal content".

"harmful and illegal content" , as defined by pencil necks.
I miss the internet.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=25096021]Kenzo[

Already got mine ready

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: Itisnowagain

It wasn't on national TV but London Live broadcast it.....so it was on TV and it therefore qualifies to be described as a 'TV interview'.

Are you always as pedantic?

It was not broadcast on TV, anywhere. It was on Youtube on a platform called London Real. Not London Live.

Did you just read a lame-stream media piece and parrot what was said in the piece and decide to start a thread?

OFCOM are investigating, using soundbites, from a long-form 2.5hr interview, so any context will be lost. The major platforms, facebook, google, youtube have all banned any talk of 5G and coronavirus, kinda makes you wonder why. You can say the earth is flat, that the Queen is a lizard, etc, etc, no problem......... But link 5G and coronavirus........ Watch out!

The UK Government Culture Secretary, Oliver Dowden, has weighed-in with such pearls of wisdom as this: Mr Dowden said: 'You are absolutely right, these are lunatic conspiracy theories and no sensible person would give them a moment's thought.'

See what they are doing there?

This is a pivotal time for freedom of speech, it concerns us all, even if you do not agree with David Icke in any way, shape or form, YOUR freedom of speech is now firmly in their sights.
edit on 9/4/2020 by TotoMesch because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TotoMesch

This is a pivotal time for freedom of speech, it concerns us all, even if you do not agree with David Icke in any way, shape or form, YOUR freedom of speech is now firmly in their sights.

Well said and it absolutely is.

Whilst everyone's 'distracted' it also looks like they're attempting to bring in some highly questionable legislation.

As for David, not too sure about his opinions but in the interview he does bring up some very important facts.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join