It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

Probably the indentured servants.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Would 2000 a month be enough for you?
You would never want anything more than what that amount could get you?

If you did want more and most would that is why you would work.

The ubi should only be enough to have food, shelter, clothing and healthcare.
Anything else is up to you.

So in my area 2k would be to much. I only need around 1200 a month to pay my rent buy food and pay my health insurance.

If my ubi was only 1000 a month I would have to work if i wanted to eat out or go to a move or take a girl out on a date. I would have to work for my car payments and for any extra food that I like. If I wanted a bigger house my ubi wouldn't go up I would have to work for that too.
If I wanted a better computer or the most recent phone I would have to work for that.

In fact I think the best form of ubi would be one that pays my rent and health insurance directly. With a card like the food stamp card for my food. No cash. That way it is spent on what I need and nothing else.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Of course it wouldn't be enough.

As such, I would pursue a passion of mine for the extra income like all UBI supporters say we would do.

Risking my life everyday as a police officer surely wouldn't be what I would select though.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 06:14 PM
link   

As such, I would pursue a passion of mine for the extra income like all UBI supporters say we would do.

Some believe that if the stress of food, shelter, clothing and healthcare was not a thing crime would go down and we wouldn't need as many police officers.

A lot of crime is done out of desperation.
Imagine if we were less stressed and following our passions.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

Some believe that if the stress of food, shelter, clothing and healthcare was not a thing crime would go down and we wouldn't need as many police officers.

A lot of crime is done out of desperation.
Imagine if we were less stressed and following our passions.

So you got your Obamacare, and now you want more... for existing? What have you done for the tax payers to warrant a monthly payment, if you don't mind me asking?

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Your question is silly and just meant to be argumentative.
I've helped lots of family friends and strangers in my lifetime but I'm sure anything I list wont be good enough in your view.

Imo the right thing to do is help each other exist.

So you got your Obamacare

My taxes pay into the aca too. Which I'm fine with.
There or other things my taxes go to that benefit others that I don't like paying for.
But the government wont let me choose what I pay for and what I don't. I wish they would.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join