It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Social Distancing in Australia.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Aussies are having trouble grasping the 6 foot distancing rule so they now brought out signs to make it easier to understand. Aussies should keep one adult male Kangaroo apart or 3 fully grown Koala's.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Make sure you put half your population out of work and destroy your economy. People here in the US think that works for some reason.
edit on 9-4-2020 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: dniMnepO

Jokes aside, Australia is sad, we have no way to fight back.

I remember back in the 70's - in my rural town, kids would walk down the street with a gun, headed out into the bush to shoot bottles and cans as target practice.

Nobody raised an eyebrow, nobody rang the police, there was no mass shootings. Just sensible gun ownership.

Now we are slaves to the NWO because we gave up our guns, we gave up the fight without so much as an aggressive complaint.

edit on 9-4-2020 by Jamie2018 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 08:18 AM
link   

El Reg have their own set of measurments for such occasions.

(Humour alert)

www.theregister.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 08:20 AM
link   

I'm really far away from Australia so they should be alright.

But then again I'm a covid denier.

Can't they just grab their guns and shoot the covid?

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 08:22 AM
link   
This social distancing crap look`s like social engineering ....the goal is something that the goverment wants (NWO )

So it has nothing to do with virus IMO

In the 1920s the government of the Soviet Union embarked on a campaign to fundamentally alter the behavior and ideals of Soviet citizens, to replace the old social frameworks of the Russian Empire with a new Soviet culture, to create the New Soviet man. The Soviets used newspapers, books, film, mass relocations, and even architectural-design tactics to serve as a "social condenser" and to change personal values and private relationships

Social engineering (political science)

So they take advantage of this "virus" situation to change societys..that would help them (NWO)

One might even think, social engineering is psychological warfare in some cases.

So if everyone would be close to others, they would not succeed to keep people apart..isolated .We need International hug movement to turn this bs around.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 08:28 AM
link   

The 'feet' is the part we're becoming unfamiliar with - we've been using the metric system of weights and measures since the 70's so the official 'social distancing' minimum spacing is 1.5 metres which equal 4.92 ft for all those still stuck on imperial units.

And the combined measures being taken here to limit the rate of spread of the virus are definitely having a very noticeable effect now like less than 2% increase over each of the last 4 days now which is one of the lowest anywhere. The total economic cost is going to be huge though.

edit on 9/4/2020 by Pilgrum because: grammar mishap

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 08:34 AM
link   

So OpenMind backwards what would you expect from a communities of individuals built on mullets, blue singlets, AC/DC, thongs and VB.

From what i hear the hotline for (dobbing) i think you call it is running red hot - not very Australian either -is it.

Australians care more about their trade with China hence their lattest plane load of medical masks and similar from no less than Wuhan itself than any life on the big island anyway.

Like your name it all seems very backwards and confused to me. But kinda typical nevertheless.

Oh well " chuck another shrimp on the barby" - "she'll be right cobber".

PS : suspicious how the Aussie death rate from CV at last check was 51 i think, just wondering if China gave them a break on spreaders flown in in return for their trade business.

Australian governments are traitors to the west and have been kissing chinese rearends for sometime now.
Hope you all like noodles and dim sims, oh and communism under chinese rule cause thats where Australias heading very rapidly.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: CthruU

Dang! Do you think China will steal Australia from dis-armed Australians?

Does Australia even have an army? Do they have guns?

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Generation9

No i think the chinese will be given Australia.

After all they've nearly purchased most of it anyway. Havnt they?????

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: dniMnepO
Aussies are having trouble grasping the 6 foot distancing rule so they now brought out signs to make it easier to understand. Aussies should keep one adult male Kangaroo apart or 3 fully grown Koala's.

Actually, that would be three fully grown Koala's outstretched mate..

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: CthruU

originally posted by: Generation9

No i think the chinese will be given Australia.

After all they've nearly purchased most of it anyway. Havnt they?????

The Australian Government is cracking down on that in light of Covid 19

All foreign investment in Australia will now require approval in a Federal Government move designed to prevent international raids on struggling companies hit by the coronavirus pandemic.

Key points:

Every purchase application from foreign investors will now be scrutinised, regardless of value
The Government says the measures are necessary to safeguard the national interest
But it said the move was not an investment freeze
At the moment, foreign investors need to apply for approval before purchasing land or assets in Australia if the value is over a certain threshold.

For private investors from free-trading agreement partner countries, that limit ranges from $50 million to $1.1 billion, for land and non-land proposals.

But from Sunday, the Foreign Investment Review Board will scrutinise every single purchase application, regardless of its value.

www.abc.net.au...

One upside of all this Covid stuff. China is in the process of being booted the % out of Oz.
edit on 9-4-2020 by harold223 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 09:59 AM
link   

They need to make another funny video like the train safety one they did down there.....
Dumb Ways to Die
edit on b000000302020-04-09T09:59:31-05:0009America/ChicagoThu, 09 Apr 2020 09:59:31 -0500900000020 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 01:13 PM
link   

And here was me expecting you to say why the Aussies could not understand WHY they had to get so close together, I mean it's a hell of a big place with relatively few human's per square mile except in the crowded city's, bars and other social venues.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Like this Mate

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I thought we've got social distancing down pretty good in Australia now... basically "STAY AT HOME, or else!" in the attitude of our friendly police forces' slogan "Stop it or Cop It"... ahhh, they give me such confidence!... so we are now forcibly distanced, and instead we've just taken the approach of letting Uber Eats do the spreading for us!

Uber will be bit slower, but I'm sure it will get the job done!

On a serious note though... Australia's numbers may look good at the moment, however, we have a seemingly low death rate due to having a super high testing rate... so not as simple as looking at deaths alone.

Something odd...

We went on lock down about a week and a half ago... but at 6 days, we started to see the effects! Yay us!...

... but... ummm... haven't we seen it take 2-3 weeks everywhere else in the world to see the effects of lockdown?!?

So what makes us special?

Ruby Princess!

That's what!

Our numbers only seem higher due to Ruby Princess, a big influx of cases over a couple week period... since we have now tested and tracked them all basically, there is a natural drop off as we run out of Ruby Princessers to test.

That's the "slowing" we have been seeing in Aus... what's worse, is we'll see a further drop off over the next couple of weeks due to the actual lock down... and we'll think we're doing even better!... double yay us!

At that point, we'll get a loosening of the lock down, because we're just soooo good, and will see the results of a very lax Easter weekend hit, just after we loosen lockdown.

Then, because we're stupid and can't think 2 weeks ahead of ourselves... we will immediately lock down again, thinking that a loosening of the lock-down was the reason for increase... but tighter, with less rights this time... awesome!

The sad thing is, our infection numbers have been steadily rising based in the initial curve, minus the Ruby Princess effect, since the beginning... unrealised by leadership... a little slowed maybe... but we're still far away from the 8/10 completely isolated, that will actually bring the curve down from an exponential to a bell.

In other words, if every country in the world doesn't reach an "infected per day" rate of less then 4 people, everywhere, then we are still on the initial global curve that will peak somewhere around June at approx 10,000,000 infected per day, globally...we're still looking pretty F!@#$%!
edit on 9-4-2020 by puzzlesphere because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 02:19 PM
link   

You all have this built in social distancing thing called the Outback...

I would also use the kicking distance of a Kangaroo, so if one can kick you then your social distance is too close.

edit on 9-4-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: puzzlesphere

Don't hold my beer , or make me a rollie , not this year anyway ,
But please re explain your last paragraph so we can see what you mean

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I think the police here should undergo mandatory daily Covid testing themselves. In many cases where the police are fining people for "breaking the rules", the only human contact they have is with the police themselves.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: DoctorBluechip

Got some Kosciuszko Pale Ale in the eski... I'll keep you a cold one until next year... at least!

To try to explain what I mean by my last paragraph:

If we assume that this virus emerged sometime around the end of 2019, and use a set of virus assumptions based somewhere between the official numbers of China and the official numbers of the USA, then the mathematics basically explains what will happen. Of course there could be other variables that change the equations before we get there, such as an effective vaccine, treatment or cure, mutations to the virus, quarantines (a little bit), reinfections, etc.

Here's a couple of important general numbers that are trending based on global statistics:
First, to stop the exponential curve from getting established in the first place, or to stop any "re-blooms", you need 4 or less infected people per day in a given population (Australia had 64 new case yesterday... a few more than 4) to stop the spread, which when over 4 per day, is represented by an exponential curve.

Second, in order to "reduce" the exponential curve in a given population to be "not exponential', the population must reach 8 out of 10 people in complete isolation (a family unit is not considered complete isolation). Realistically based on human error, 8/10 won't be good enough, so let's make it 9/10. In other words, we have to have 90% of people in effective complete isolation to stop the exponential from happening.

These concepts work on any given population that is linked by more than 10% interactions (or the 90% in isolation from above). In other words, any two or more countries that have more than a 10% ratio of their populations still interacting, mixed with the idea that all you need is four cases to establish or keep the exponential curve going, will maintain a single exponential curve for any linked curve.

Practical example; every country in the world is still linked through supply chains, aid, businesses and governments, so effectively represent a single global population (minus maybe North Korea and Bahrain... possibly China now, and S.Korea, which have completely isolated from the rest of the world, effectively reducing the global population by their respective population sizes). This means there is still an overall exponential curve that we can estimate for the globe.

When we follow the numbers... unless something drastic changes (and we haven't seen anything deviate us from this curve for over 3 months), then we are still on track for 10,000,000 people infected per day by mid June. Mathematically inescapable, unless we reach 8/10 people completely isolated, and less than 4 person per day increase in every isolated population on earth.

A simple way to see this is look at the "New Cases" column at www.worldometers.info.... Every single number in that column has to be under 4 to arrest the population exponentials, which all add up to a single global exponential... which when combined also has to be under 4 to stop it globally... seem likely?

TL;DR
Based on the global curve, that you can track from December 2019 (with the trending numbers of 8/10 completely isolated and less than 4 increases in daily infected), then globally we WILL reach 10 million people infected per day, at the peak in June.
edit on 9-4-2020 by puzzlesphere because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join