It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Health Organization can expect a big cut in funding

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Every year the USA gives "WHO" somewhere between 350 to 550 million dollars to fund them. China usually gives around 40 million yet from my observations they seem to have considerable sway over WHO policies and statements.

The WHO was extremely critical of the USA's decision (Trump's) to close down flights from China which all told probably saved many life's. Even as late as January 14th the organization was saying no fear the COVID-19 is not airborne which they were once again wrong about..

President Trump calls the amount of funding by the USA to the world health organization unfair and needs to be reevaluated as the organization got it so wrong with COVID-19.

I hope the USA cuts the funding back to as little as China or even less as the present leadership of the WHO are in my opinion clearly paid for minions of the CCP. youtu.be...

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 06:36 PM
link   
The head of the World Health Organization says there will be "many more body bags", if President Trump cuts U.S. funding of his organization.

The head of the World Health Organization took aim at President Trump’s criticism of the agency on Wednesday, telling him and other world leaders not to politicize the coronavirus crisis “if you don’t want many more body bags.”

“If you don’t want many more body bags you refrain from politicizing it – please quarantine politicizing COVID,” WHO Director Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus told reporters in a lengthy answer when asked about Trump’s criticism of the agency. A day earlier, the U.S. president had threatened to cut off funding.
More at: www.foxnews.com...

Tedros Adhanom sounds like a thug dictator, or mafia don, doesn't he?

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Don't politicize? From the literal mouthpiece of the Xi Jinping regime? The guy who refuses to say the name "Taiwan" out loud?

That's classic.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

From what I have read about him and his prior endeavors prior to becoming the head of WHO I think you are correct.

With the threat of cutting the funds there are already calls for the Head of WHO to resign youtu.be...

World Health Organisation and Communist China ‘engaging in deplorable actions’:
youtu.be...

youtu.be...

edit on 727thk20 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I don't know where I stand on the WHO but before funding is actually cut, there probably needs to be some studies done. It would be nice to know how effective they've actually been during this pandemic before hamstringing them in the future. I'm sick of knee jerk reactions like this shutdown coming from our government. I want to see some well thought out plans..is that too much to ask?
edit on 8-4-2020 by Anathros because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 06:45 PM
link   
A small cut wouldn’t be bad like 100%

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

From what I have read about him and his prior endeavors prior to becoming the head of WHO I think you are correct.

I noticed when Adhanom praised President Trump's response to Covid-19 two weeks ago, President Trump never mentioned that endorsement, when mentioning other attaboys the Admin was receiving.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 06:58 PM
link   
They have supplied exactly 0 "respirators" for Coumo in NYC....

Lolz🤪

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Anathros
The World Health Organization will eject this guy from his position, before taking a funding cut from a huge contributor like the USA.

Money is priority #1 for the World Health Organization, who spent more on first-class/private air travel over the past few years, than they did on supporting "causes". (Waste that's similar to the lower-profile Clinton Foundation.)

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
Every year the USA gives "WHO" somewhere between 350 to 550 million dollars to fund them. China usually gives around 40 million yet from my observations they seem to have considerable sway over WHO policies and statements.

The WHO was extremely critical of the USA's decision (Trump's) to close down flights from China which all told probably saved many life's. Even as late as January 14th the organization was saying no fear the COVID-19 is not airborne which they were once again wrong about..

President Trump calls the amount of funding by the USA to the world health organization unfair and needs to be reevaluated as the organization got it so wrong with COVID-19.

I hope the USA cuts the funding back to as little as China or even less as the present leadership of the WHO are in my opinion clearly paid for minions of the CCP. youtu.be...

Well assuming your figures are correct (sources please) 400 Million is a pittance this country, we just gave well - 500 Billion + 4.5 Trillion from the FED to Big Business.

40 Million seems a bit low for China I will agree (souces please).

You you are pleased that the US won't help fund the WHO - your perogative.

I think I'd rather pay for the WHO rather then one or two nuclear bombs or perhaps 400 Drones or other ways we spend monty to kill people.

I think the WHO does help to keep people safe from disease threats - Who is going to keep us safe from the war profiteers?

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 07:13 PM
link   
The WHO decided to play politics and lost. It sucks to be the loser. Don’t cry about it and don’t make threats like a TV evangelists, “ send me money or burn in hell”.
edit on 8-4-2020 by Nickn3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Cut them. UN can be next. We don't get the ROI we should from either organization.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

The internet is your source for verification. I provided at least three sources if you include videos; if you cannot watch the videos sorry your loss not mine..

It does not matter if you hate Trump or this administration only if you respect America and want the country to thrive in this world of corruption by not funding inept organizations who promote lies or are the mouth pieces, propagandist of a country that does not have anyone's but their own self interest at heart.

Since WW2 America has been saving the world with handouts and building projects. It is time for some of those children states to support themselves.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 07:32 PM
link   
It isn't WHO that is bad, it is the one leading it that is bad. Telling Trump not to politicalize it, maybe the guy should talk to the Democrat group attempting to attack our president in this country about that. They are using WHO to try to discredit Trump.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 07:43 PM
link   
If true..

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Are we getting our body bags from the WHO?

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Good we shouldnt be funding a wing of the CCP anyway

We give them hundreds of millions and all theyve done is cover up Chinas screw ups and put the rest of the world in danger.

Let China pick up the tab for them

I think the WHO does help to keep people safe from disease threats - Who is going to keep us safe from the war profiteers?

Sure , ask the populace of China how well they feel the WHO kept them safe and had their health as a priority
edit on 8-4-2020 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
It isn't WHO that is bad, it is the one leading it that is bad.

He'll just be replaced by another asshole. The organization is the problem. These big IGOs are full of corruption and ineptitude because of the nature of what they are. It's not just a matter of getting better people in there.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

No mention of Bill Gates?

He's their second biggest contributor and apparently treated like a head of state by the WHO.

With the contributions provided to the WHO by the Gates Foundation now exceeding those of every national government on earth apart from the United States, the WHO clearly no longer has any independence in the field of health. Having traded its scientific credibility for funding from business interests, its advice on the prevention and control of diseases cannot be trusted.

link[

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Yeah, that move was awesome stopping flights from China that really kept this virus from spiraling out of control in the U.S, thank God for that early intervention...

edit on 9-4-2020 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join