It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schiavo's Husband Rejects $1 Million to Leave Feeding Tube In (from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   
A wealthy U.S. business tycoon has offered Terri Schiavo's husband $1 million dollars to refrain from the removal of her feeding tube next week. The offer was rejected by Michael Schiavo, but still stands until Moday, March 14th.

news.bbc.co.uk
Robert Herring, a supporter of stem cell research, said he would pay Michael Schiavo if he gave up his right to decide his wife's medical treatment.....

He said he was a "neutral party", insisting he had no connections with the woman's parents, husband or any organisation involved in the case. "I believe very strongly that there are medical advances happening around the globe that very shortly could have a positive impact on Terri's condition," he said. "I have seen miraculous recoveries occur through the use of stem cells in patients suffering a variety of conditions.

Mr Schiavo, who has started a family with another woman, remains Mrs Schiavo's legal guardian. He insists his wife did not want to be kept alive in this way.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I find it amazing that a man that has no relation to Terri Schiavo or her family has been so inspired by this case to step in and offer $1 million for her to be kept alive. Her husband Michael is obviously not compelled by financial offers and firmly wants to carry through with his wife's wishes. If I choose to die once in a vegetative state, I certainly would hope that my family would not keep me alive for their own reasons.

Isn't my life my choice, or will it go up on eBay if the circumstances fit?

[edit on 3/12/2005 by infinite8]

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I also am quite devided over this topic, I have a wife with MS and I feared she might have slipped in a coma like this and I seriously don't know what to do if it did happen, I know she wouldn't want to live like a vegtable but I would like to keep her alive so I can find her a cure or something, If I was the guy i'd take the million and let her get treated, I mean she was gonna get killed anyway, so you might as well try to do something to get back...but maybe he doesn't want her back...maybe he wants insurence money?

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   
The man offering the money should be given an award for trying to save this lady's life. I cannot fathom how those who visit her on a day to day basis can't tell that there is something there on the inside. I have seen video of her following a ballon with her eyes and head very slow. Her husband is trying to play God with her. I'm quite sure there is a special place in hell for someone who would want to see her suffer, clinging to life a week to ten days maybe more before she died.
The best thing for her husband to do would have been to take the money and take a step back. Really not even that. Put her in Gods hands and she will be fine. She will get my prayers tonoght along with her family.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Funny were are the supporters of Terry who claimed the husband was out for the money??? :shk:

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Well it seems he has moved onto a new chapter in his life as he is now remarried with children. As for the guy donating the money, interesting that he is into stem cell research. He may be able to offer help on many fronts. The problem I have with this is that if Terri truly wanted to die if something like this happened, and she is being denied her request, it seems that her family is keeping her alive for selfish reasons.

new topics

top topics

join