It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guess what the Chicago mayor just did

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

Well you could read but you can’t comprehend. I didn’t say the policies were gay and minority I said she was it’s a fact.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yes yes it is

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Boadicea

Illegal aliens should not receive benefits. Period.

I actually don't necessarily disagree with you. I'm not sure anyone "deserves" benefits.

I don't care the circumstances. They are criminals, and those are the risks you take when you live outside the law.

Hmmmm.... I'm not sure how to phrase this, so bear with me.

The thing is, these "benefits" aren't really benefits, but a tool by tyrants to ease the blow of their other tyrannical acts. This isn't being done to protect the "beneficiaries," but to protect the critters enforcing the tyranny.

Our Natural Rights are our property, granted by nature and Nature's God, regardless of citizenship. We have a right to provide for our families, freedom of association, freedom to assemble peaceably, and so on. If the government is going to take our property, then government is obligated to compensate us for that property.

But rather than do so directly and proportionately, government critters have come up with generalized "stimulus" programs and "benefits" programs. I suppose an argument could be made that collective efforts are a necessary and appropriate substitute for individual efforts, but that argument isn't being made, and especially not within a Constitutional framework.

Rather, their efforts simply feed and fuel the Beast, while provoking a divide-and-conquer mentality among the people, and pitting people against each other, while increasing the dependence of many (all?) to the Nanny State tyrants.

ETA: The mandate for government to compensate individuals for the taking of their property is a very crucial factor in our system of checks and balances. In theory, it forces government to think twice and thrice before using the barrels of their guns to steal from the people. If government can take from you to give to me, it's no sweat off their backs. But it sure is to you and me.
edit on 8-4-2020 by Boadicea because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Definitely sounds FED-ish to me.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: Drucifer

originally posted by: Aallanon
She gave all the illegal aliens benefits. I have lived almost my entire life in chicago and I don’t get benefits.

thehill.com...

That’s what you get when you elect a halfwit democrat gay minority to run your city.

You could have made the same point, stopping at ‘halfwit democrat’, but decided to add in the bigoted racist POV for good measure. Charming.

Bringing those things up doesn't necessarily mean the OP is bigoted. The fact that this moron was elected because she checked all the right boxes rather than because she was the best person for the job is definitely relevant. There are always virtue-signaling voters who will support a candidate just because she's a woman, minority, etc. Look how many people supported Hillary and when asked why their first response was "We should have a woman president."

I don’t disagree with that, but I had a feeling that the OP choose to add the info because of the small mind he’s chosen to live with. Turns out, I was right.

I meant gay in the abnormal behavior kind of way. Degenerate, immoral, wrong kind of way

link   

There is no constitutional framework for it because all of what's going on is way outside the constitution here.

link   

Well stated!

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Drucifer

Typical moron. You think you are so evolved because you can spot the racist never realizing it’s YOU.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

Ooo you made a fwend.

Two self haters pointing fingers at the intellectually superior.
edit on 8-4-2020 by Aallanon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Aallanon

FINALLY!!

😂

link   

There is no constitutional framework for it because all of what's going on is way outside the constitution here.

Exactly. And THAT'S THE PROBLEM!!!

Hating on the people doesn't stop the tyrants abusing the Constitution and the principles upon which it is founded. It only enables and empowers the tyrants.

But no one is putting it in its proper Constitutional perspective, much less demanding adherence to the letter nor spirit of the Constitution.

link   
But here is the problem:

This has been going on for far too long. Illegals come here and work, often under the table, for less money than Americans can, even if Americans try to just operate on the dollar/hour rates of illegal laborers. The problem is that Americans are legal and have all the associated paperwork and tax costs associated along with their wages. They can never match the straight under the table dollar rates of Americans, so legal laborers lose.

Then those illegal laborers have kids who are legal citizens. The kids can qualify for all the social welfare benefits as they have no "visible" means of support (even with mom and dad right there). So they get all the benefits, and they get what dad and/or mom make tax free and under the table. It can add up to a nice living.

Why do you think so many come here to scam our system?

Now they're getting this too. And we get taxed to pay for it.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Hating on people?

Why shouldn't I hate on people who cheat? They make it harder for everyone else to live legally. They make it harder for us to take care of those who really need it because THEY SCAM OUR SYSTEM.

And I especially despise those who take political advantage from it.

edit on 8-4-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow

FINALLY!!

😂

I prefer "kindred spirits"... How about you?

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 10:09 AM
link   

How about dumb & dumber?

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Get over yourself. It's not exceedingly intellectual to dump on people because you're frustrated.

edit on 4/8/2020 by EternalShadow because: edit

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Half my point.

The other half is the people encouraging it.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Hating on people?

Why shouldn't I hate on people who cheat? They make it harder for everyone else to live legally. They make it harder for us to take care of those who really need it because THEY SCAM OUR SYSTEM.

And I especially despise those who take political advantage from it.

That leaves ABSOLUTELY no one to vote for.

Period.💯

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

You came in here and called me names unjustly and you want me to just relax?

Not gonna happen.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aallanon
a reply to: Drucifer

Typical moron. You think you are so evolved because you can spot the racist never realizing it’s YOU.

I meant gay in the abnormal behavior kind of way. Degenerate, immoral, wrong kind of way

Funny, the majority of the civilized world find people like you to be exactly this. Pot, meet kettle.

Your best efforts to retort this are to point at me and say “No! You are!”, while admitting everywhere else you define the terms ‘racists’ and ‘bigot’.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join