It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guess what the Chicago mayor just did

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Drucifer

Ok first off he is a her (honest mistake)

I am not hating on anyone. I do happen to believe that her being a gay minority democrat has to do with why she makes her decisions.

I don’t expect you to understand because you are blinded by your white guilt and naïve almost baby like view of the world

edit on 8-4-2020 by Aallanon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Americans can't afford to be as magnanimous as our brothers and sisters from Europe.

Our government takes money from us fifty ways from Sunday no matter who we vote for and all we get is Fighter Jets and jive in return.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Aallanon

See? The newly established "Covid-19 Housing Assistance Grant Program" is here to save the day for all!

Problem solved! 👍

The FED and the government is batting a thousand right now, windfalls and bailouts for everyone!

It's a great time to be alive to witness the sheer greatness of totalitarianism in all its glory!

🙄

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aallanon
a reply to: Boadicea

I read just fine and what you call “labels” I call
Adjectives if you don’t like them to bad.

Oh! So you meant "gay" in the happy and joyful sense of the word... my bad.

I guess I should’ve specified I have a job

So you misrepresented the truth misspoke? It's not that you don't get these benefits because of your citizenship or genetic heritage or another inherent factor. You just don't qualify due to the fact you already have resources and an income.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

Why do they always side with the criminals,

It’s like they have a soft spot for a learning impaired child.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 09:10 AM
link   

How can I miss represent the truth when I never made a statement on the subject?

So now as well as morally superior you are clairvoyant got it.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Birds of a feather kinda thing? 🤷🏽‍♂️

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 09:12 AM
link   

I meant gay in the abnormal behavior kind of way.

Degenerate, immoral, wrong kind of way

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

I agree, but one party seems to put illegals before actual citizens at times, which is what this OP is about.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 09:14 AM
link   

“you don't get these benefits because of your citizenship or genetic heritage or another inherent factor.“

No but they do. Who’s the racist now?

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
Regardless of your answers, the MOST important thing is that by helping them you are helping yourself and your fellow citizens, by helping curb the spread of this disease.

True, but they are illegal.

This is a good example of the consequences of letting things go too far. If they are illegal they shouldn’t be there in the first place.

Just like how open borders don’t seem like such a good idea anymore due to this pandemic, allowing illegal aliens to reside in a country has consequences in time like these.

This is the result of bad policy and a disregard for the law of the land.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Oh, is that the difference? I feel like I'm ordering ice cream at Coldstone and the parties are just toppings at this point.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aallanon

Ok first off he is a her (honest mistake)

I am not hating on anyone. I do happen to believe that her being a gay minority democrat has to do with why she makes her decisions.

I don’t expect you to understand because you are blinded by your white guilt and naïve almost baby like view of the world

I’ve had to bust my ass for everything I have in life, I’ve got ZERO guilt over any of it. I’m far from being a “progressive leftist”. Living in a car for the first 10 years of my life and being raised by alcoholic parents, not knowing where my next meal was going to come from until I was old enough to get my own job certainly broadened my view of the world. Just the same as the minorities who taught me what actual work ethic was in 115 degree kitchens or on 120 degree roofs. Or the gay guy who used to give me his shifts at work so I could help pay for grandparent’s hospice bills taught me about taking care of your neighbors.

But it’s me with the baby-like view of the world.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 09:20 AM
link   
It's all coming out of the Citys budget and whatever locality they are running.

Immigrants without a SS# and illegals aliens still won't have access to the Federal Stim, however the City of Chicago can do what it wants, the people are witnesses and thus the ultimate arbitrators in this fiasco.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

Do regular Americans also get free medical care too?

No, because everything wrong in the world is our fault, so we owe that free stuff to everybody else to make it "right" and "fair" and "just". It's called equity by people like the creature running Chicago right now, and should never be confused with equality which all too many people do.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Boo-hoo we’ve all had it rough. You would think with your hard upbringing it would’ve taught you the value of hard work and obeying the law but I guess not.

I don’t have a problem with people getting help I have a problem with criminals getting free money for doing nothing other than breaking the law.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

City budget?!

Don't make me laugh. Chicago doesn't have a budget it's so far in the red.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Chance321

Here's the part you may have missed I'm pretty sure that is what she meant by residents not citizens:

Nope, didn't miss that.

In fact, it's pretty obvious that she used "residents" to refer to those who are NOT citizens but reside in the city. That's what a resident is. Someone who resides there. And while citizens are also residents, residents are not necessarily citizens.

It is an accurate -- and self-explanatory -- distinction.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

Our brothers and sisters in Europe can afford to be magnanimous because our fighter jets protect their morally preachy butts.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Under the executive order, Lightfoot's office said all residents in the city, regardless of their birthplace or citizenship status.

Sounds to me like anyone can go citizen or not. I live in Illinois and have no insurance. Guess I'm going to chicago if I get sick.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join