It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guess what the Chicago mayor just did

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
a reply to: carewemust

Well, going by from what i heard, covid stays on surfaces for long periods. Plus, why cant they do their jobs at home if neccessary?

Meanwhile in my home state of Minnesota 50 out of 5,500,000 million people have died of Corona...

Wonder how many have died from suicide, drug overdoses, or alchohol poisoning....

Everyone stay home!!!!

Lolz🤪

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12
Well you have to apply first, and if you are here already illegally you may have to hire an immigration attorney. If you are here on a visa it would be easier.
But it’s not automatic and definitely not if you snuck over the border or over stayed your visa. Also when you apply, you have to study the us Constitution and some civics stuff. Also you have to have no criminal background and also you have swear that you are not and have not been a member of a Communist Party affiliation I believe for the past 5 years. Also you have to have an interview with an INS officer and have your fingerprints taken.
Hope that clears that up for you.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Scepticaldem

Not trying to say I agree with the lockdowns but just how contagiuos are suicides, drug overdoses and alcohol poisoning?

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: NorthOfStuff

Not sure why this is bad? She's ensuring all people should have access to covid relief aid. Should we treat people like trash simply because of borders?

No, we should never treat people like trash.
Nor should we refuse treatment or aid while people are isolating.

My point is that this is a consequence that has resulted from western countries ignoring immigration laws, setting up sanctuary cities, and turning a blind eye to a large portion of people not paying taxes because they are
"undocumented".

Now something has happened that is allowing people that should have paid into the system, or should not be in these countries at all, to receive aid funds that were deposited by tax payers for rainy days such as these.

We have been extorted through necessity. In order to contain the virus and act with compassion we now have to spread the tax dollars further than intended.

Yea you're right they dhould be paying. Why is it it so hard to obtain citizenship? It seems either side is anti-immigrant and wants to deport everyone, or the left just wants to let illegals be illegal forever..

I don't blame illegals for this problem. This problem is from democrats, Republicans, and the broken duelistic system that can't acomplish anything without some corruption or hidden agenda.

Either way, it seems the mayor is only doing whats right for the current situation.

Good post

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scepticaldem

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: Aallanon
a reply to: chr0naut

But it isn't your money until it is given to you, which it isn't. You don't comply with the criteria.

You appear to have sufficient funds to do alterations to your dwelling, so you don't seem to be in a difficult and dangerous financial situation at this time.

So where does the money come from then? Hint: TAXES... OUR MONEY!

Typical mindset of the left. "oooo look, it's free!! It's from the government!!" and "You don't meet the criteria, it's not your money, lets give it to people who broke into our country - they meet the criteria"

Same reasoning that leads to ILLEGALS being entitled.

Well, I will tell you something, if someone breaks into my house I'm not going to make them a bloody sandwich.

Until the definition of the word ILLEGAL changes they are CRIMINALS and there isn't a factual thing that you can say that changes that.

You are Canadian.

Not your money. Not your taxes.

Why not give it to canadians? Why "label" people?....

Lolz 🤪

They can, and may, give it to Canadians who meet requirements; such as being resident in the US and destitute.

But that still doesn't mean that the money given out is taxed from Canadians.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aallanon
a reply to: chr0naut

But it isn't your money until it is given to you, which it isn't. You don't comply with the criteria.

You appear to have sufficient funds to do alterations to your dwelling, so you don't seem to be in a difficult and dangerous financial situation at this time.

So where does the money come from then? Hint: TAXES... OUR MONEY!

Typical mindset of the left. "oooo look, it's free!! It's from the government!!" and "You don't meet the criteria, it's not your money, lets give it to people who broke into our country - they meet the criteria"

Same reasoning that leads to ILLEGALS being entitled.

Well, I will tell you something, if someone breaks into my house I'm not going to make them a bloody sandwich.

Until the definition of the word ILLEGAL changes they are CRIMINALS and there isn't a factual thing that you can say that changes that.

You are Canadian.

Not your money. Not your taxes.

Same problems here because there is a segment of the population in Canada that shamefully let things get to this point as well.
You lead me to believe that there is a segment of the population in Zealandia that is very similar.

This is a global problem and is not isolated to the USA.
It seems that you know this though, you are not from the USA either.

Oh, and thank you for addressing the points in my reply to you rather than just being snarky

The whole point of social services isn't the ownership of the money. It is there to provide for people who cannot provide for themselves. The monies given out aren't fabulous sums, it is usually a subsistence payout and not everyone receives it. You have to be in a bad way to get it.

These people aren't all from other countries, either, they are primarily citizens fallen on hard times.

And when it comes down to it, a person starving to death, or disabled, or with inadequate shelter, within your borders is a really bad look for an affluent country, state or city.

These people may well be wage earners in future if assisted through the hard times. There is capital advantage in the long term for such schemes, because in a land of plenty, who'd want to stay barely surviving.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 04:39 PM
link   

a reply to: Stupidsecrets

How are they catering to non citizens? Did i miss something in the article? It's equal aid to all. Which, at this time, may be important.

By treating them like citizens when they arent.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Aallanon

This is why USA will fall one day..... as Americans sit on their hands and do nothing but bitch and moan. Instead get a few thousand people together, rush the capital, take this mayor outside, tie him/her up to a tree or light pole and whip him/her until blood fills their shoes. Then run that person out of town with no shoes on their feet.

A few thousand people can NOT be stopped, and if police start shooting they will not be able to stop this mob. Do this a few times year in USA and these politicians will change.

Many need to be hanging from light poles for one week. Give the satanic MSM a need to air this worldwide.

What people fail to understand is the powerful elites are few compared to its citizens. If the citizens rush these government buildings and parking garages they will overcome. No military or police force can stop its citizens. Its all a dog and pony show and its citizens are buying into it.

Either step up or be stepped on.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Top City officials are now self quarantining because there was some coronavirus person walking around in City Hall.

They are all just plain lazy. All they have to do is get a test to prove that they are not coronavirus infected. Instead, they prefer to sit at home on their butts for 2 weeks drawing full salary.

America has, without doubt, had the worst management of COVID-19 of all countries in the world. Just look at the world statistics.

Part of the issue is that the US authorities have had the same false concepts like 'if you don't have the virus, then you can't catch it', as seems to be behind your post.

They trivialized the danger and delayed the response and now have more infected than any other country. Nearly half a million confirmed infected, more than 16,500 dead and only a 6% recovery rate.

edit on 9/4/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scepticaldem

a reply to: carewemust

Well, going by from what i heard, covid stays on surfaces for long periods. Plus, why cant they do their jobs at home if neccessary?

Meanwhile in my home state of Minnesota 50 out of 5,500,000 million people have died of Corona...

Wonder how many have died from suicide, drug overdoses, or alchohol poisoning....

Everyone stay home!!!!

Lolz🤪

I would guess that there have been fewer car accidents. But would imagine that deaths for other reasons would have stayed the same. Those 50 deaths are additional to deaths for other reasons.

And the death toll in Minnesota due to the virus will rise because people keep down-playing the seriousness of the situation and so some people aren't self-quarantining and are the primary cause of the continued spread of the virus.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ringsofsaturn777

How are they catering to non citizens? Did i miss something in the article? It's equal aid to all. Which, at this time, may be important.

Are citizens more human somehow?

But in reality, this is due to the COVID-19 virus. If people have to forage for food, it means they will spread the virus. Doesn't matter what their immigration status is, the payment allows them to survive in a way that minimizes viral spread.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

This is why USA will fall one day..... as Americans sit on their hands and do nothing but bitch and moan. Instead get a few thousand people together, rush the capital, take this mayor outside, tie him/her up to a tree or light pole and whip him/her until blood fills their shoes. Then run that person out of town with no shoes on their feet.

A few thousand people can NOT be stopped, and if police start shooting they will not be able to stop this mob. Do this a few times year in USA and these politicians will change.

Many need to be hanging from light poles for one week. Give the satanic MSM a need to air this worldwide.

What people fail to understand is the powerful elites are few compared to its citizens. If the citizens rush these government buildings and parking garages they will overcome. No military or police force can stop its citizens. Its all a dog and pony show and its citizens are buying into it.

Either step up or be stepped on.

Will fall one day?

The British empire is gone, the USSR, too, what did their fall look like?

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 05:10 PM
link   

But in reality, this is due to the COVID-19 virus. If people have to forage for food, it means they will spread the virus. Doesn't matter what their immigration status is, the payment allows them to survive in a way that minimizes viral spread.

16,000 deaths out of 331,000,000 citizens... not counting none citizens... that's .000048% of the population....

Lay everyone off!!

Lolz🤪

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 05:21 PM
link   

No. Treating them like citizens when they are not is catering to them though.

Dont pretend you (or her) only support it because you imagine it will slow the spread of the virus. You support it regardless because your identity politics mentality, inevitably leads you to cater to the "right groups."

And true to your stupid game, you imply anyone against the catering must be racist, sexist, homophobic etc. People are sick of that BS.
edit on 9-4-2020 by Ringsofsaturn777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

Will you be leading this mob I take it, or is the irony of your post that "Americans sit on their hands" include yourself, so your mob will be somehow be bulletproof or are you willing to take casualties, again will this mean your ultimate sacrifice or would you prefer to be stood behind someone else?

So you gonna step up or be stepped on......
edit on 9-4-2020 by UpIsNowDown because: typo

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Nice to see people are finally giving a damn about suicides, drug overdoses and alcohol consumption. But only Americans, of course.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 05:50 PM
link   
61 flags eh, so there's at least 60 racist homophobes posting in this thread....

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 07:30 PM
link   

So you had rather have 10 million illegal aliens interacting with your society and across the nation fending for themselves and spreading covid everywhere throughout the nation? Think about that.. You can't understand the necessity of attending to their covid needs to keep your legal arss safe?

Yes, leaving out that 1 word made your post click-bait.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

You think free money is going to stop them from doing that? They entered the country illegally. Do you really think a stay at home order will have any affect on them at all? Really?

Also, consider this. Reagan, clinton, HW Bush, and obama have all offered amnesty and citizenship to illegals. And look at how many we have today. The free everything is just incentive to make the journey in the first place. So yeah, lets keep that brilliant plan going.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
61 flags eh, so there's at least 60 racist homophobes posting in this thread....

No. At least 60 honest people who tell the truth. She is black. She is gay. She is an idiot. How does that make me racist or afraid?

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join