It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guess what the Chicago mayor just did

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aallanon
a reply to: Boadicea

I read just fine and what you call “labels” I call
Adjectives if you don’t like them to bad.

I guess I should’ve specified I have a job

I called it first: the left will next start a war on adjectives

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I can just see the lawsuits now if U.S. Citizens die while non-Citizens get care and help.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: NorthOfStuff

a reply to: chr0naut

But it isn't your money until it is given to you, which it isn't. You don't comply with the criteria.

You appear to have sufficient funds to do alterations to your dwelling, so you don't seem to be in a difficult and dangerous financial situation at this time.

So where does the money come from then? Hint: TAXES... OUR MONEY!

Typical mindset of the left. "oooo look, it's free!! It's from the government!!" and "You don't meet the criteria, it's not your money, lets give it to people who broke into our country - they meet the criteria"

Same reasoning that leads to ILLEGALS being entitled.

Well, I will tell you something, if someone breaks into my house I'm not going to make them a bloody sandwich.

Until the definition of the word ILLEGAL changes they are CRIMINALS and there isn't a factual thing that you can say that changes that.

You are Canadian.

Not your money. Not your taxes.

Why not give it to canadians? Why "label" people?....

Lolz 🤪

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrBlaq
There are many non-residents in Chicago
here on work Visa. Many of which are
unemployed due to ridiculous mandates.

With a legal work visa I think it would be inline with what they want to do there to help. If a person is illegal maybe not...

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Scepticaldem

Canadians stole Canada for the Brits already, that's not enough?

Collect your own maple taxes or stay the f*ck away from all streets and public services in a more impressive demonstration of awesomeness. How's that? I mean, you're a Canadian after all! One of the very few people who could actually make this happen!

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I thought this was 11 pages about her getting a haircut.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 11:57 AM
link   

a reply to: chr0naut

But it isn't your money until it is given to you, which it isn't. You don't comply with the criteria.

You appear to have sufficient funds to do alterations to your dwelling, so you don't seem to be in a difficult and dangerous financial situation at this time.

So where does the money come from then? Hint: TAXES... OUR MONEY!

Typical mindset of the left. "oooo look, it's free!! It's from the government!!" and "You don't meet the criteria, it's not your money, lets give it to people who broke into our country - they meet the criteria"

Same reasoning that leads to ILLEGALS being entitled.

Well, I will tell you something, if someone breaks into my house I'm not going to make them a bloody sandwich.

Until the definition of the word ILLEGAL changes they are CRIMINALS and there isn't a factual thing that you can say that changes that.

You are Canadian.

Not your money. Not your taxes.

Same problems here because there is a segment of the population in Canada that shamefully let things get to this point as well.
You lead me to believe that there is a segment of the population in Zealandia that is very similar.

This is a global problem and is not isolated to the USA.
It seems that you know this though, you are not from the USA either.

Oh, and thank you for addressing the points in my reply to you rather than just being snarky

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Not sure why this is bad? She's ensuring all people should have access to covid relief aid. Should we treat people like trash simply because of borders?

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: CryHavoc

She said equal aid .... Unless chicago becomes overrun, it's benificial to treat all affected individuals.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

How are they catering to non citizens? Did i miss something in the article? It's equal aid to all. Which, at this time, may be important.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion
a reply to: Scepticaldem

Canadians stole Canada for the Brits already, that's not enough?

Collect your own maple taxes or stay the f*ck away from all streets and public services in a more impressive demonstration of awesomeness. How's that? I mean, you're a Canadian after all! One of the very few people who could actually make this happen!

Actually, I'm a Brit. Moved to Canada in the 1970's. Legally I should add.
I have no problem with taxes paying for streets and public services but that isn't what the OP is about.

edit on 4 9 2020 by NorthOfStuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
Not sure why this is bad? She's ensuring all people should have access to covid relief aid. Should we treat people like trash simply because of borders?

No, we should never treat people like trash.
Nor should we refuse treatment or aid while people are isolating.

My point is that this is a consequence that has resulted from western countries ignoring immigration laws, setting up sanctuary cities, and turning a blind eye to a large portion of people not paying taxes because they are
"undocumented".

Now something has happened that is allowing people that should have paid into the system, or should not be in these countries at all, to receive aid funds that were deposited by tax payers for rainy days such as these.

We have been extorted through necessity. In order to contain the virus and act with compassion we now have to spread the tax dollars further than intended.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: NorthOfStuff

Enlighten Us? The Royal We is listening.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion
a reply to: NorthOfStuff

Enlighten Us? The Royal We is listening.

Here you go Your Majesty.
The first sentence of the OP.

"She gave all the illegal aliens benefits."

(Bows with a flourish and backs out of the room)

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I'm a democrat but I don't agree with giving benefits to illegal immigrants. We need to take care of our own citizens first.

That said I never heard of the site the op posted and most right wing media tends to fabricate and post misinformation. A lot of those right wing sites and right wing media in general tend to be full of half truths. The left wing media tends to do it too just to a lesser extent. I basically takes stories like this with a grain of salt.

Don't believe anything you hear and only half of what you see.

edit on 9-4-2020 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I am sure this is going to piss off the citizens in Chicago who worked hard all their lives and paid taxes. Many of the illegals work for cash. This kind of thing drives a wedge between ethnic groups, there are a lot of law abiding legal immigrants in that city that follow the rules of our country and I have no problem with that. The Feds do not give money for that in their stimulus, the city will wind up footing the bill and have to raise taxes of everyone. Some of the illegals pay taxes, they probably claim three and lose very little and never even file taxes with the feds since they didn't pay much in in the first place and do not qualify for anything anyway

I know how it works, my Son-in law is a resident alien now, working for citizenship. At one point he was illegal for about five years, he did not file the paperwork when he turned eighteen, he was covered as a legal before that through his mother. It caused a lot of chaos in my daughters life because he was illegal. They could have gotten legal as soon as they got married, but no, they ignored the rules and they lost a lot of tax credits.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Top City officials are now self quarantining because there was some coronavirus person walking around in City Hall.

They are all just plain lazy. All they have to do is get a test to prove that they are not coronavirus infected. Instead, they prefer to sit at home on their butts for 2 weeks drawing full salary.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: wantsome

Here’s a quote from her from the Daily Caller, that is if you DONT mind DIRECT quotes

chers’ strike at the McCormick YMCA on October 17, 2019 in Chicago, Illinois. (Photo by Scott Olson/Getty Images)
“Since COVID-19 first reached our city’s doorstep, we have been working around the clock to ensure all our residents are secure and supported, including our immigrant and refugee communities, who are among the most vulnerable to the impact of this pandemic,” Lightfoot continued.

dailycaller.com...
Here’s the SAME thing on the Chicago gov website, since you were not inclined to do any searching for yourself www.chicago.gov...
edit on 9-4-2020 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

No, we should never treat people like trash.
Nor should we refuse treatment or aid while people are isolating.

My point is that this is a consequence that has resulted from western countries ignoring immigration laws, setting up sanctuary cities, and turning a blind eye to a large portion of people not paying taxes because they are
"undocumented".

Now something has happened that is allowing people that should have paid into the system, or should not be in these countries at all, to receive aid funds that were deposited by tax payers for rainy days such as these.

We have been extorted through necessity. In order to contain the virus and act with compassion we now have to spread the tax dollars further than intended.

Yea you're right they dhould be paying. Why is it it so hard to obtain citizenship? It seems either side is anti-immigrant and wants to deport everyone, or the left just wants to let illegals be illegal forever..

I don't blame illegals for this problem. This problem is from democrats, Republicans, and the broken duelistic system that can't acomplish anything without some corruption or hidden agenda.

Either way, it seems the mayor is only doing whats right for the current situation.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Well, going by from what i heard, covid stays on surfaces for long periods. Plus, why cant they do their jobs at home if neccessary?

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join