It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guess what the Chicago mayor just did

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: Scepticaldem

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: chr0naut

In America, the top 3% of income earners pay the majority of federal taxes collected by the United States government.

taxfoundation.org...

Lies, damn lies and statistics. LOL.

How much of the actual money do the top 3% earn, as a percentage of GDP?

How much of the actual total tax burden do they pay?

Wealth inequality in the United States
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Most of it!

You were just saying you went to public school and no one had to pay for it....

Get out Bernie!

Lolz🤪

The top 10% have more than 80% of the money and they pay just over 50% of the tax. It isn't hard to work out.

I'm not in the 10% pal...

I pay alot of taxes.

I dont want my $ to go to people that dont pay taxes.

You dont like Trump, we got it...

Lolz🤪

You no longer have the money you pay in taxes. It isn't yours any more.

But give it to people that dont pay taxes... you are a joke

Lolz🤪

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anathros
I'm perfectly fine with this. As long as they lose all federal funding and find the money in their state coffers. Let Illinois citizens deal with the ignorance legislated by the mayors and governors they elect. There is no reason the rest of America should have to carry the burdon.

Uh...no.
Contrary to popular belief, not everyone in Illinois lives in Chicago and we should NOT be responsible for this dimwits promises. The people of Chicago elected her, so let the citizens of Chicago foot the bill and leave the rest of us out of it.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chance321
a reply to: Boadicea
Here's the part you may have missed I'm pretty sure that is what she meant by residents not citizens:

"Not all of Chicago's residents qualify for federal stimulus checks, state unemployment insurance or other economic assistance due to their documentation status," Rodriguez said. "These Chicagoans are vital community members who work in various industries and help our great city to thrive every day." "These Chicagoans are our family members, co-workers, neighbors and friends. I applaud the Mayor for standing with undocumented individuals and families to ensure their eligibility for any economic assistance offered by the City of Chicago during this global pandemic," he added.

Non residents are not Chicagoans. If someone enters my yard or house without permission they are not a member of my household. Neither is someone who is allowed like a plumber or electrician. They can't go in my fridge, sit on my sofa and certainly not my wallet. That's ok though, people are leaving Chicago in droves. Loss of tax revenue locally and Federally. Severe consequences for catering to non citizens.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

Let’s hope.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aallanon

Or he could move to Guam.

Then come back as an illegal and boom red carpet

Boring. Increase the difficulty, skip Guam entirely and get got like a f*cking Hatchling in Tarkov!

German soldiers 'wanted to pose as asylum seekers in planned terror plot'

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Where did you go to school you should get your money back.

I would like you to point out in my first post where I vilified minorities? And while you’re at it point out where I was bigoted.

Thanks in advance dufus

Aallanon... LISTEN....

You are angry, and I have full sympathy for you while you are fighting cancer, and I sincerely hope that everything turns out well for you in that regard, but you are not doing yourself - nor anybody else - any favours here.

Step away from the keyboard for a while, think things through, and try to post positive rather than recklessly NEGATIVE, abusive thoughts. Or switch instead to an entirely different subject. At this rate, you are simply attracting so much criticism (most of it well deserved based on how you express yourself) that I fear this is severely damaging to your mental health in the long term.

Step away, breathe, and THINK.

In the meantime, I again send you all the best for a swift recovery.

edit on 8-4-2020 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: NorthOfStuff

But it isn't your money until it is given to you, which it isn't. You don't comply with the criteria.

You appear to have sufficient funds to do alterations to your dwelling, so you don't seem to be in a difficult and dangerous financial situation at this time.

So where does the money come from then? Hint: TAXES... OUR MONEY!

Typical mindset of the left. "oooo look, it's free!! It's from the government!!" and "You don't meet the criteria, it's not your money, lets give it to people who broke into our country - they meet the criteria"

Same reasoning that leads to ILLEGALS being entitled.

Well, I will tell you something, if someone breaks into my house I'm not going to make them a bloody sandwich.

Until the definition of the word ILLEGAL changes they are CRIMINALS and there isn't a factual thing that you can say that changes that.

You are Canadian.

Not your money. Not your taxes.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 04:39 PM
link   
What proof of residency does an illegal need to show? Can I just send them an email saying I live there to get the money too?

Under the executive order, Lightfoot's office said all residents in the city, regardless of their birthplace or citizenship status, will have access to the city's newly-established COVID-19 Housing Assistance Grant program and online resources offered through Chicago public schools for students, among other benefits.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 05:07 PM
link   
There are many non-residents in Chicago
here on work Visa. Many of which are
unemployed due to ridiculous mandates.

In a time of crisis there's nothing wrong
with seeking to provide assistance to
those in need. There are people
truly suffering, and the last thing
we need is more political extremism.

Save your hatred and energy for
our real enemies. Which are
globalist bent on more control
and domination.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ConfusedBrit

I thank you for the sentiment.
I am doing fine in that regard other than it being an underlying condition.

Other than stating my displeasure with homosexuality I have not been bigoted in anyway.

As far as dealing with the people on this thread Who really don’t read and comprehend well, I am doing just fine. No need to worry for my mental health and it saddens me that you see it that way.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 07:27 PM
link   
But what exactly do 'gay' and 'minority' have to do with the subject at hand. How do those two things effect her decision making? I mean you felt that those were relevant facts to apply to the situation. Why?

a reply to: Aallanon

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

In America, the top 3% of income earners pay the majority of federal taxes collected by the United States government.

taxfoundation.org...

Lies, damn lies and statistics. LOL.

How much of the actual money do the top 3% earn, as a percentage of GDP?

How much of the actual total tax burden do they pay?

Wealth inequality in the United States
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Most of it!

You were just saying you went to public school and no one had to pay for it....

Get out Bernie!

Lolz🤪

The top 10% have more than 80% of the money and they pay just over 50% of the tax. It isn't hard to work out.

I'm not in the 10% pal...

I pay alot of taxes.

I dont want my $ to go to people that dont pay taxes.

You dont like Trump, we got it...

Lolz🤪

Well, there you go! You have succinctly outlined your problem.

(and while I don't particularly like Trump, that is also not relevant to the issue of social support programs. The President does not control the budget. Congress does. It's in the US Constitution.)

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flesh699

originally posted by: Drucifer

She gave all the illegal aliens benefits. I have lived almost my entire life in chicago and I don’t get benefits.

thehill.com...

That’s what you get when you elect a halfwit democrat gay minority to run your city.

You could have made the same point, stopping at ‘halfwit democrat’, but decided to add in the bigoted racist POV for good measure. Charming.

Sometimes you just gotta call it what is. A gayfag is a gayfag regardless of color.

And a piece of sh!t, vile human is a piece of sh!t, vile human.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 08:38 AM
link   

She gave all the illegal aliens benefits. I have lived almost my entire life in chicago and I don’t get benefits.

thehill.com...

That’s what you get when you elect a halfwit democrat gay minority to run your city.

You could have made the same point, stopping at ‘halfwit democrat’, but decided to add in the bigoted racist POV for good measure. Charming.

OK,ok.. calm down.. If you are triggered, you might want to try retreating to your safe space for a few days, chill out then come back all fresh and anxiety free..

Hope this helps...

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 08:46 AM
link   

thehill.com...

You have to add that to show there is something fundamentally wrong with their brains.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 09:13 AM
link   

thehill.com...

His comment was absolutely relevant. You could have accepted those additional details make a difference in that person's world view, denying that is very telling.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hushabye
But what exactly do 'gay' and 'minority' have to do with the subject at hand. How do those two things effect her decision making? I mean you felt that those were relevant facts to apply to the situation. Why?

Self evident. When you justify your reasons for hatred, prejudice and racism due to "power", it's simply justifying payback. Hating all whites for "white privilege" instantly disqualifies you from any moral high ground and also any possibly of being taking seriously outside the bubble. It's just a reason to continue the circle of hate and division and that's EXACTLY what's happening, or do you have your eyes and ears closed to anything other that what you want to be "true"? By rewarding minorities, who happen to vote your way, and ignoring others have actually contributed to society their entire lives, you're wrong from the start. Get it?
edit on 9-4-2020 by Paschar0 because: grammar

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Eh, I lost interest when the irrelevant "minority, gay" thing happened in your OP. Way to fail. I don't even want to comment on what I think about providing benefits to illegals now.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hushabye

The left sees them as reasons to vote for someone because of identity politics and its the same sort of divisive identity politics which lead ppl such as her to put illegal immigrants ahead of citizens. She got elected largely by being part of the "right groups" and she legislates with the same same sort of "right groups" mentality. Its why joe biden says he wants a black female VP rather than simply the best person for the job (that mentality leads to bad decisions).
edit on 9-4-2020 by Ringsofsaturn777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Anathros
I'm perfectly fine with this. As long as they lose all federal funding and find the money in their state coffers. Let Illinois citizens deal with the ignorance legislated by the mayors and governors they elect. There is no reason the rest of America should have to carry the burdon.

Be careful what you wish for - Illinois is one of the states who contributes more to the federal government than it gets back in spending. Many, many states depend on the provider states to stay afloat.

Contributions vs Federal Spending

Personally, with Illinois' budget issues (self-made by Sprigfield over decades), I'm not a fan of being a net donor to welfare states, many of whom do NOT have budget issues of their own.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join