It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Give yourself a break. Turn your TV off.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 04:32 AM
link   
STOP listening to all news. Give yourself a break. MSM is all about ratings and fear mongering; keeps subscriptions and viewers ratings high and NOTHING to do for you. You say, you are catching up on the news around the world??? but MSM is mostly talking in general terms, highlighting how many infected there are and how many deaths concerning one virus, keeps TV anchors online with bonus money being paid out. And what do you get out of all of this? Worries and fears......which can lead to opening many doors into the mental state of many people and infecting innocent children with unwarranted fear. A fear made by television and internet included.

I have noticed more TV advertisements ( 1 out of 4) concerning medications for all types of mental diseases and/or illness which have side effects that are more dangerous than the disease itself.

If you are feeling confused, scared, can't sleep, close to freaking out .....?

Turn off the TV.... pick up a book...

Have fun expanding your mind.

DS

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer
Right on, right on, right on!

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 04:49 AM
link   

And while you're on it stay away from ATS too

NC

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Same goes for social media. I'm not sure what is worse. Fearmongering propaganda of MSM, or the ever almighty wisdom of social media.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 05:11 AM
link   

MSM (Auntie BEEB now the evil Auntie) used to encourage Kids to do this very thing. How times have changed ...

BBC Why Don't You

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Lot of good shows on netflix.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Good OP, people need to listen to this advice because those that have a fragile psyche are sure to probably get driven nuts by the constant bombardment of fear inducing images and stories by the MSM.

I'm sure even people that have a strong mental constitution are at their wit's end with all of this. Nail bitting, mass hair loss from stress, and maybe some kind of palsy to boot lol.
Seriously though there are people that are just gonna snap because they won't take a few hour break from the tv. It's just not healthy and causes unnecessary stress and anxiety. ..... The MSM knows this, notice how many stories the "news" reports about that aren't covid19? Not many at all, as if everything in the world stopped.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 05:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoConspiracy

And while you're on it stay away from ATS too

NC

No way. ATS is too addictive.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 05:29 AM
link   
I started to do this a few weeks ago, when the panic propaganda started, that 24/7 continuing bombardment with Corona horror news. There is no reason to watch or read any news anymore since corona, because nothing than corona/Event201 seems to happen anymore, at least nothing else is reported, really nothing. Seems that all proxy wars and regime changes stopped, seems like illegal according to international law aggressive wars, done by NATO members in Syria, never happened and don´t happen anymore. What happens to Assange right now? There seems to be no reason for journalists to report these things anymore. Because they don´t report such things anymore since Corona/Event201. Their only job now seems to be to spread fear 24/7 but not to report the good things that happen, like most of people getting well without even recognizing that they were infected with Covid-19.

In the beginning my TV was running 24/7, i sucked up all that panic propaganda just to see what they want us to believe, to find the mistakes they make etc. I read newspapers in the web from all around the world the whole day and half of the night, to find the real reasons for what is happening. After some days (after learning about Event201 and connecting some dots) i had enough of all that panic propaganda and stopped to watch news on TV and didn´t read any newspapers anymore, first only for two days. After some hours you forget about all that fear mongering and everything starts to feel normal again. Till you go to a supermarket and maybe need to buy flour, yeast, 39cent noodles or even toiletpaper(you evil panic buyer)...

Now i check the TV once in the morning for what they want me to believe and if "nothing else happens anymore" than corona fear mongering. I check the newspapers in the web once in the morning and maybe again in the night, but only for a couple of minutes, there is nothing new to read and find out. The moneyed aristocracy is on a warpath and the sheeps have to obey and follow the orders of the "elites", presented by the MSM. For sure only for the best of all of us and to save our lifes and the whole world from Event201...

One should use the time which is wasted by reading and listening to the fear mongering Event201 propaganda with doing sports. I did so and my muscles start to grow again. My mind and body feels better doing sports instead of reading panic propaganda all day and night long.

Edit:
Can´t say anything about social media like facebook, instagram, "apps" like whatsapp and all that useless stuff, i don´t use useless stuff.

edit on 8 4 2020 by DerBeobachter because: forgot something

edit on 8 4 2020 by DerBeobachter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 05:49 AM
link   

No TV ???....Do you know what's gonna happen months later ??

Lots of babies. That's why back in time folks used to have big families.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Lots of people sick and tired of the garbled phone calls on the news and the broken video too 👁️ 🥶 👁️

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Good advice.

I'm about four years ahead, though. Not gonna claim that I never watch it because I do occasionally watch blaze for the odd UFO or paranormal programme but that's about all.

Plenty of books, music etc to keep me occupied plus a variety of on-line info.

Would love to see the BBC crash and burn but I doubt that'll happen so...

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 06:08 AM
link   
been telling friends and families that for weeks, they have been binging on msm of their choice and parroting the talking points like crazy to the point some have complained about not being able to sleep.

So I pointed out you are watching big sensational headline followed by big sensational headline full of fear non stop of course you are going to panic.

Some listen the rest I check on every so often to make certain they are alive but other than that I leave them alone.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 06:51 AM
link   
We don't have a choice.

Our kiddo gets locked into even commercials, so our TV is off most all of the day while he's completing his lessons or else he'd never get them done.

Most of our TV time is confined to a few hours in the evenings and divided between the Science Channel, some Forged in Fire, kiddo shows, and yeah, some news.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I've decided to shop for old people.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I have been trying to convince my wife to do this for DAYS. How much MSM content can one digest in one's waking hours?? Early on, my wife actually had a panic attack; I told her she should stop gorging on the cable news coverage.

It's like people are transfixed, as if watching a slow-motion car wreck.

I do understand the want, the need to remained informed, but I feel like this far along, we're infrequently receiving any kind of meaningful info, and not much actionable advice from the MSM.

As I've been doing all along during this crisis, I come here everyday for my info. This place is like some kind of information aggregation machine, a news collective, for the members, by the members.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 07:19 AM
link   
While I don't watch the news, I have found something else interesting going on. Has anyone else noticed the religious commercials, both on TV and the radio?
I don't know if I haven't noticed them before, or they are ramping up advertising, but there sure are a lot of them since the virus showed up.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
I've decided to shop for old people.

Star for you friend. I'd say that's a fine way to spend one's time instead of watching TV!

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

Doesn't surprise me most religions go hand in hand with fear...

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

I find it interesting. I also find it interesting that many of them are from places that aren't religious in nature themselves.

I guess there are no atheists in foxholes. Or else, people facing their mortality are freer with what they normally keep private because of the overt hostility in popular culture toward such things as spirituality.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join