It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Think Trump's Covid-19 news conferences suck?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 07:32 AM
link   
All I can say is somebody please get this man a Thesaurus

There are plenty of alternatives to "tremendous" (besides bigly) and "best."

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I agree.. Its so awful.. Like asking him how he felt about things he previously said and then he denies saying them.

It's freaking awesome..

I gotta I say I at least am starting to appreciate some of the Trump camp cop to some of the issues that he has. I promise that a great portion of the divide right now is due to most Trump supporters never admitting he can be an idiot at times and non presidential.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: MRinder

Gotta admit you really had me going in the beginning, but pulled it out at the end there.

I like it when you talk dirty.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 08:31 AM
link   
He's there to show the nation he's at the helm and in control of the task force. People find it reassuring to know their President is the tip of the spear.

He reads his statement...and then draws out his critics in the press in order to allow them to showcase their extreme bias and enmity to the public in a controlled battlefield of his own choosing.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

He shoots from the hip and is completely off script. His advisers cringe every time he gets up in front of the microphone because even Trump doesn't know what is going to come out of his mouth. There isn't 4d chess going on.. His strategy is pretty simple... Control the news cycle. Bad publicity is just as good as good publicity. Spin the narrative, even if it is outrageous. When backed into a corner just cry fake news and that is your magic get out of jail free card (At least in your own opinion). I mean we have seen it for close to 4 years..

Come on admit it, it will help all of us move forward. He isn't as bad as everyone says and he isn't as good as anyone says.. His ego however is his biggest downfall and not admitting that this guy isn't the most insecure person on the planet makes you be worse than any of the sheep you claim everyone else is.

What you guys claim to be TDS is people responding to Trump supporters who can't admit some of the basics about his character.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: mzinga

We'll just agree to disagree.
You see someone "shooting from the hip"...I see an extremely clever leader strategically and successfully managing a multi-faceted battlefield.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: mzinga
I gotta I say I at least am starting to appreciate some of the Trump camp cop to some of the issues that he has.

I've never denied he isn't a politician. Politicians lie with a straight face and a smile whether they're talking about being able to keep your doctor, or what really happened that got the very first Ambassador to a foreign country killed.

Trump just speaks from the heart. Not well, but from the heart. He's also a New Yorker, Queens to be precise, and that is just how they talk.

I promise that a great portion of the divide right now is due to most Trump supporters never admitting he can be an idiot at times and non presidential.

You couldn't be more wrong. The divide is caused solely by the insane TDS filled MSM trying desperately to drive a failed narrative that orange man bad.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

The media just regurgitates the crazy stuff that comes out of his mouth. I'll tell you this, there are far less people that buy into CNN always Trump type of approach than the avid faux news followers.

I mean they are two sides to the same coin. You come in here and flame CNN and praise Tucker Carlson.. At least most people on the CNN side understand and can admit what is going on. TDS comes from people who claim their side of the house is clean, it is just the other side of the house that is dirty.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

Truth.

The entire Biden family (excluding the innocent child) is, are and always will be "trash."

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 09:08 AM
link   

I agree.. Its so awful.. Like asking him how he felt about things he previously said and then he denies saying them.

It's freaking awesome..

I gotta I say I at least am starting to appreciate some of the Trump camp cop to some of the issues that he has. I promise that a great portion of the divide right now is due to most Trump supporters never admitting he can be an idiot at times and non presidential.

I respect some of Trump’s work since he’s been in office, so I’m not 100% against the guy or deny what he’s done but any time I call him out on his stupid sh!t I’m automatically branded as having TDS. TDS goes both ways, those who deny he’s done anything good at all and those who blindly praise the guy for every aspect of his approach to everything.

He’s a terrible speaker and I very much believe he could get a lot more people on his side if he’d just slow down and think about what he’s going to say. Throwing the words “beautiful”, “good”, “great”, “tremendous” out for everything he’s doing, over and over and over again loses it’s effect. Candy coating is a politicians #1 trick in the book and because of that, I can’t set him apart from other politicians.

When that reporter asked him about the banks the other day he jumped down her throat, but for a second, he admitted there was a hiccup along the way, then went right back to chastising her for not just saying how great they’re doing. If he’s supposedly always “Telling it like it is”, then there’s no need for the candy coating and rampant use of positive adjectives. Of course for the pro-Trumpers with TDS, it’s either “He tells it like it is” or “He’s just trying to be positive for the people”....well, which is it? Because you certainly can’t do both all the time.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 09:11 AM
link   
All in all just remember.

Our President is "Damned if he does and damned if he doesn't" If you don't like it you created it so live with it!!

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Drucifer

I agree that he has done some positive thing in office, but even those when he talks he screws up.

I like that he took a stand on China and trade wars. I don't like the 'tariff' approach as that just passes the costs onto the consumer. He continually blabbers on about how 'China' is paying these tariff's and that is just nonsense. They may shoulder some indirect costs but in the end those costs just get passed to the consumer.

Does it damage China? Of course it does.. As price goes up demand goes down.. But to characterize that China is paying for it is just wrong.

Do I agree with how he handled China with tariffs? Not really, but he did SOMETHING and in the end it should have some sort of positive outcome.

Now if he were to just shut up and leave it at I'm addressing trade imbalances I'd be great with it. But he think lies, misspeaks and runs around patting himself on his back creating more problems than good. In my opinion he is his worst enemy. I hate his guts but probably would vote for the guy if he could just temper himself because about the only thing Biden has going for him is that he isn't Trump. I'm appalled that we have 300 million people in this country and the two people we pick to run for office I can't stand.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 09:41 AM
link   

a reply to: Drucifer

I hate his guts

AH....THERE'S your problem...THAT right there.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I prefer a president lacking political polish that shares my values over a slick speaking charismatic that doesn’t. We had Presidents that had trained their entire lives to be in politics that were great public speakers who were awful Presidents...Obama comes to mind. I’ll take awkward substance from a man who loves his country over style, smoke and mirrors.

Quoted for truth. I love how the media keeps running stories trying to convince Trump voters how uncouth he is.

Hey, morons, we know. We voted for him anyway. And nothing you guys have offered in the past 3 years has been a better alternative.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Really? But but Obama.. Right?

There's your problem..

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Trump has been 100% solutions, expediency, and results driven his whole life and like you I couldn't give a crap how he sounds doing it. If Hillary had won we'd be listening to eloquent speeches of gloom and doom and be locked down for the rest of her term.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Nothing sez 'TDS' like "I hate Trump's guts!"

Stop trying to sound reasonable...you're fooling no one...and your posts just come off as Bulls#it.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Nothing sez 'TDS' like "I hate Trump's guts!"

Stop trying to sound reasonable...you're fooling no one...and your posts just come off as Bulls#it.

Don't ya love it?

"OMG I haaaaate Trump. But I'm, like, objective and stuff."

I had someone in another thread getting mad at me because I observed their views on a particular situation were being colored by their "orange man bad" perspective. They literally admitted this in their response, while chastising me for making assumptions about them.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Trump should let Pence do the talking in these conferences. I'm just saying....

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I’ll take awkward substance from a man who loves his country over style, smoke and mirrors.

Exactly. The only reason people do not like Trump is because he is rude. That and they wasted their time voting for Hillary.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join