It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CoVID-19 Second wave reinfecting once healed patients

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oathkeeper73

originally posted by: KKLOCO
If it kills me, then so be it.

Drowning in your own lung fluid is probably the second worse way to die behind burning to death. Be careful of what you wish for

Actually it almost happened to me about 5 years ago. Once I got to the point I needed oxygen I became sleepy and out of it. I actually felt less and less the more I "drowned" in lung fluids. Pneumonia is called the old mans friend for a reason.

When I got close to needing a ventilator, I was basically conscious and in and out and felt nothing but a deep need to sleep and drift away.

Pneumonia can hurt when you are fully aware, but once you are really bad, the pain usually goes away and a deep need to drift away entirely happens. Even a sort of welcoming the final sleep happens.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Everyone needs to stop being scared. Letting fear control your life will cause you or the person you are scaring to make bad decisions.

As someone who transports samples of Corona virus on a daily (twice today) basis not sure I'm scared , when it starts banging on the lid of the box then I'll be scared.

Fear mongering will cause suicides to go on the rise.

Isn't that fear mongering ?

edit on 8-4-2020 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s
a reply to: Violater1

From the article you posted:

There remains a lot of uncertainty, but experts TIME spoke with say that it’s likely the reports of patients who seemed to have recovered but then tested positive again were not examples of re-infection, but were cases where lingering infection was not detected by tests for a period of time.

From the same site:

geneticliteracyproject.org...

You are confused. Here is the link as evidenced by the address at the top. There is nothing in your erroneous quote that can be found on the page. Troll on.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 12:02 AM
link   

The last paragraph in your own story is what I quoted. The second link is *another* story on the same site saying the same thing" reinfection is unlikely.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 01:24 AM
link   
So we see here below those who are cured or released may be safe for a few months.
However I think that is being generous as people have been reinfected or had flare ups of corvid 19 after a few weeks after being released from the hospital. According to some researchers it depends on your antibody count.
Also different strains and mutations bypass antibodies and infect people which is a serious problem for those who have recovered.

www.yahoo.com...
Anthony Fauci says people who recover from the coronavirus should be immune through at least September. But some scientists worry that not all patients develop antibodies.

Dr. Anthony Fauci says people who recover from the coronavirus will likely be immune should a second wave of infection spread in the early fall.

He explained that because the virus has not mutated much, people who develop immunity will likely maintain it at least for the next few months.

Preliminary studies about coronavirus immunity and antibodies have shown that most, but not all, recovered patients develop antibodies.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Are there any reports on how prevalent or severe the secondary cases are? I'm certainly no virologist but in my limited understanding it seems reasonable to expect/assume that if the lungs have had enough time to heal after the first infection then a second infection would have a much lower fatality rate as the body wouldn't go into a Cytokline storm due to previous exposure.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: bastion
Are there any reports on how prevalent or severe the secondary cases are? I'm certainly no virologist but in my limited understanding it seems reasonable to expect/assume that if the lungs have had enough time to heal after the first infection then a second infection would have a much lower fatality rate as the body wouldn't go into a Cytokline storm due to previous exposure.

Ive read that its actually more severe/deadly the second time around.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: The2Billies
This is exactly what AOC and many environmentalists on the far far left want

That's the point where I realized I had to stop reading.

Cold war propaganda sure did a hell of a job!
edit on 9 4 20 by payta because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Hmmm.... it seems like the experts here don’t know what’s happening really. They sure do correct themselves a lot. It’s almost like the information we get should be taken with a grain of salt and we should measure our response to it.

Nah...

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: bastion

The reports of reinfection have stopped coming out of china...no surprises there.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry

People can catch a severe cold more than once a year, also known as being infected again. It's not really an Earth shattering event, except when the news sensationalizes it for the goal of terrorizing people away from their rights.

Could not give this post enough stars!

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I'll wait for the studies and research from the normal, wastern world. Thanks.
There's 0 reason to believe in anything coming from China

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 02:27 PM
link   
CNN reported 12 hours ago that
www.cnn.com...
163 people who recovered from coronavirus have retested positive, according to the Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (KCDC).
The 7,829 people who have recovered from coronavirus, 2.1% retested positive. About 44% of them showed mild symptoms. So far, there's no indication that patients who retest positive are contagious. So far.
If the explanation of why people are retesting positive is because the test is picking up remnants of the virus, then why didn't the tests pick that up earlier when the tests showed negative? The remnants would still have been there.
China's top respiratory expert, Zhong Nanshan said in a press conference earlier this week " a recovered person can test positive because fragments of the disease remained in their body. I'm not too worried about this issue."
Said China!
Ohhh, and I'll feel sooo much better when The WHO parrots Zhong's statement.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Thia report is 4 hours old.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join