It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God and Lord God...Don't you ever wonder who is actually thee God..?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Does God and Lord God have anything in common when it comes to the genesis Chapters...?

- Why is Lord God not ever mentioned in genesis Chapter one or two as the creator God...?

- Why is Lord God introduced after God is resting and have ended his work the seventh day..? God had ended his work...and was resting…?

Did God suddenly Wake up and change his mind And then suddenly wanted to Wake up as a Lord.. Why...?..... Why Lord God..... when he was just God before...?

The Word of God created, Lord God formed..!!….. What should we make of this..?

Thee God said Let there be light (genesis Chapter 1. verse 3)..... And there was light.

Thee God said: Let Earth and the sea bring forth all living Things..... God never actually created or formed anything....Earth and the sea did based on Gods Word.....

God said Let the Earth and sea bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.

But...this is very important:

- And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

I know that some have tried to argu that God never created anyhting in Chapter one. But verse 25 names some off the Creatures Earth created. If the beasts earth created were good according to thee God.... why would one of them fool Eve later in the garden of Eden...?

---- Is it because the Garden of Eden is not of God..But of Lord God..??

Where in Chapter one does God mention the Garden of Eden...? Why would God create Earth and all its creatures and then a garden east of Eden..? Why would God create these two worlds on Earth...?

Where is the east of Eden by the way....? Where is Eden and were is the Garden east of it...?

If Lord God created a Garden east of Eden wouldent that sort of ring some bells With you People...?

It sort of emplies that Eden existed before Lord God planted his garden east of it.... does it not..?

Eden existed before Lord God formed Adam of the dust on the ground.... Why would Lord God have to plant a garden east of Eden... to put Adam in...?

Wasent the Earth God formed a proper Place for Adam? Why not...?

Why couldent Lord God just Place Adam in Eden? Why would Lord God have to plant a garden to the east of Eden?

What is Eden...? There is no information about Eden. The only information we are provided is about the Garden Lord God planted to the east of Eden.

Lord God formed his own beasts in his own garden east of Eden......... This is mentioned in verse 1 genesis chapter 3.

Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?

In this verse we are being told that the serpent was more subtil than any of the beasts of the field which Lord God had made. Lord God was not really a Serpant until he actually tricked Eve. The Serpent had not sinned until or done anything wrong until this verse begins. Eve thought she was talking to a person of outhority.... She thought she was talking to a God...... Because the person spoke with the knowledge of God. There is only one person who could have done this and that is Lord God. Only Lord God could have been more subtil than any of the beasts of the field Lord God had made.

............. Lord God formed a garden east of Eden and brought Adam there and then formed Eve there from Adams ribb east of Eden...........

Who is this Lord God caracter...?

Why do you think he is thee creator......when he created nothing........

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 05:35 PM
link   
You should not build theology on faulty English renderings. Don't put yourself on a slippery slope, but look to the original Hebrew. The name of the Most High God should be rendered as YHVH or YHWH. Simple.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: spy66

You are asking questions about the translated names.

Most of the Old Testament of the Bible was originally written in Hebrew. Ditto for the names.

On the way to our English Bibles, it was first translated into Greek and Latin, and sometimes, even into German.

In Hebrew writings, names usually had a meaning. Far more so than they do in 'Western' languages.

In Genesis, it starts talking about God as "Elohim". This word is a plural syntactically but is used singularly in context. In other words, it's plurality is an honorific. Like 'God of Gods'. The singular form of the name, "El", is used in conjunction with other words such as El-Shaddai (God all powerful) or El-Elyon (God most high) etc..

The other name of God used is the Tetragrammaton, or "YWYH". This is often rendered as "Jehovah" in English, due to the German language's replacement of the "Y" with a "J" and it also incorporated the vowels from the word "Adonai" ("Kings" or "King over Kings" by the same Hebrew honorific plurality rule) which is another name of God used in the Bible.

Probably, the rendition of "Yahweh" is closest to the Tetragrammaton.

Each use of the names of God in the Bible usually has an extended meaning. The English word "God" is really rather general in application, in comparison.

edit on 7/4/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Lazarus Short

You should not build theology on faulty English renderings. Don't put yourself on a slippery slope,

This is more then just about the rendering between God and Lord God. Chapter one describes a different creation then Chapter two and Three does under the Lord God Chapters.......

As i mentioned:

God creates through his Word and Earth did as commanded. Lord God is like from a different Place...(Eden) and have to form Adam from the dust on the ground that God have already provided…...

In Chapter one God creates man as male and female. Lord God formes Adam and must put him into a deep sleep as he is planting the garden east of Eden. Why does Lord God have to do this…?

Why is the man (male and female) that God created suddenly rejected and we are being focused on what Lord God does whit Adam...?

Do you see the Catch...?
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Is it merely the edition you are reading from....KJV only

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

Yes it is from the edition of the KJV. Is that a bad Version to read…?

There is more to this that are covered by other Versions. Lets talk about the New Jerusalem.....

Do you know of any books that talk about where the tree of life was planted? The tree of life...was it planted or placed in any other Places than the Garden east of Eden...?

It is mentioned in more then KJV that the tree of life is found in the New Jerusalem. How did it get there…?

Why would this Tree have to show up in other Places...?

What i am saying is that: If the tree of life is not planted or placed anywhere else then the garden east of Eden. Wouldent that emply that the New Jerusalem is the Garden east of Eden...……..?

And wouldent you be fooled if it came down to Earth as a bride…..?

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: spy66Do you see the Catch...?

No, I don't. YHVH made the Cosmos, the Earth, Adam and Eve, the Tree of Life and the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil. It was a hierarchy, not a dualistic standoff between God's Heaven and Satan's Hell, with us as prizes to fight over. It was also a test, for us to choose and grow up, one way or the other. In this sense, the serpent was part of the divine Plan, and so was very good. YHVH was far ahead of Adam, Eve, or the Serpent, knowing what He needed to do to grow His creation to maturity.

You make it all so complicated, for YHVH is One.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Lazarus Short

It was not not a stand of….right.... Not like Jesus was never tried in the desert after 40 days.…... This is all about a stand off.....

Who tried Jesus in the desert after 40 days…? Who could ever offer Jesus the kindom of Earth..But lord God... Who Jesus rejected…?

There is only one beast which could offer Jesus the Kingdom of Earth. That is Lord God. Lord God is the fallen who was cast Down to Earth...… Only Lord God could form Adam from the dust on the ground…… As is stated in the scripture… Damn it is written in Chapter 2 verse 7. Who else would have this capability...but thee God...? But thee God formed Man as male and female…….. Lord God did not form man as male and female…….. Lord God only initially formed Adam.... A male..... And he had to put him to rest so that he could plant a garden east of Eden to put him in. And from East of Eden Eve was formed from Adams Ribb...…...

The other point is that God never named his creation...…..when he created man as male and female…..

The story of Adam and Eve is only described in the tails of Lord God.

This basically means that Adam and Eve is not related to God at all...… Adam and Eve are only related to the creation of Lord God only….
Ref. the garden east of Eden which is a creartion of Lord God and not the Word of thee God....

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 11:38 PM
link   

My understanding which is different from most others

God in Genesis is God the Father.

Lord God is his Son who is given many names in the OT and Jesus in the NT.

The OT calls Satan the son of the morning star. The morning star is associated with Jesus. Which means that Satan was the creation of Lord God/Jesus. But Jesus said he only did what his father instructed him to do. So by, for and through Jesus, Satan was created based on the instructions given him by his father.

Jesus is refered to as the light of this world. The light spirituality has always referred to the one pure spirit. I believe Jesus is the Light created when God said let there be light. I believe the first words Gods spoke was the creation of his son Lord God/Jesus/Light of the world.

And subsequently all things were made by him, for him and through him. The through him part implies that although he made all things, he was only the conduit to creation, doing exactly what his father said.

When Satan is tempting Jesus in the desert offering him the whole world, Satan is lying. Remember Satan is a liar, the father of lies. Satan never had the world to offer Jesus he only was tempting Jesus with his lies.

Eve fell for the lies of Satan out of her ignorance, but Jesus did not because he knew the truth from the beginning.

edit on 7-4-2020 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-4-2020 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Too much to address/tackle in one post. Lets see if I can redirect your way of thinking about God:

Christians follow/worship/love a god of the Israelites. The Israelites have 72 different names for their single, one and only, God. (God is a title not a name)

Each (72) names had a specific meaning about a Character or Emotion displayed by God. It was determined that God's name was too holy to be spoken out loud so his name was removed and was replaced with YHWH (today spoken out as Jehovah or Yahweh).

Jesus made man. It was Jesus who said, "Let's make man in our image." AND it is Jesus who saves mankind by paying for ALL sins....... past, present and future..... ONLY to those who has accepted Jesus for who he was, is, and will be... This sacrifice he made is payment for his followers.

The word bible is nowhere found in the bible, yet we call it the bible and everyone knows what one is,

Making the word "Trinity" mystical, difficult to define for those who are blind.

You want to know the biggest secret in the bible?

Jesus was a God (God's begotten son) who became man, a God who returned to earth to save all mankind by laying down his life as a MAN but also as a final sacrifice. A FINAL payment for everyone who has sinned.

The God that was walking in the Garden of Paradise calling out for Adam and Eve? That was Jesus.

Have you done your homework?

What color was his hair and beard?

How do we know this? From a letter Pontius Pilate wrote to Emperor Tiberius concerning troop moral, needing additional troops and observed Jesus preaching a new religion. He described how Jesus looked like.

edit on 8-4-2020 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Jesus made man. It was Jesus who said, "Let's make man in our image."

You know that this is not true because later you state that Jesus is:

Jesus was a God (God's begotten son) who became man,

Jesus was not thee God but thee God begotten son. It was Thee God who said: Let there be light. Jesus was not even a begotten son when these Words were spoken….

Even Jesus prayed to God he's father. Jesus did so many times..... all the way to the end. Jesus is Gods begotten son who will inherit the Kingdom of God. Jesus is the lamb…. who forfilled scripture.

Jesus even said: don't worship me, worship God..My father. It is what Jesus did……. Jesus worshiped his father.

There is no doubt that we have created a twisted idea about who Jesus really is....

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 04:49 PM
link   

[...]

The story of Adam and Eve is only described in the tails of Lord God.

I think you're getting lost in the terminology here, from our human perspective GOD is equal Lord-GOD.

Why couldent Lord God just Place Adam in Eden? Why would Lord God have to plant a garden to the east of Eden?

What is Eden...? There is no information about Eden. The only information we are provided is about the Garden Lord God planted to the east of Eden.

One thing one has to make sure, is whether the assumptions he's working on are correct. With that said, maybe Adam and Eve story of the Genesis is a fairy-tale distorted version of the actual story of their coming and working with people on this planet. Once you read their story (not the Bible version), then things start to make sense. So maybe there was an actual place called Eden, some sort of island or land strip in the Aegean Sea, then due to certain factors (war maybe) they were forced to move to a different land (east of Eden), where they built e second garden, had many children and so on.

My point is, not everything that is written in the Old Testament is correct, humans have a tendency to change/distort things. At the same time, it's as hard to find the true account of what happened, where, why and how.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: miri2019

I think you're getting lost in the terminology here, from our human perspective GOD is equal Lord-GOD.

Yeah i Guess... In the Old days (Hebrew) we were not allowed to say Gods Name. So we had to put the Word Lord before God to sort of make Things better.

The odd thing is that God is not even Gods name. So why would we have to add Lord to it....?

Why was it ok to use the name God in Genesis Chapter 1. But not after verse 3 in Genesis Chapter 2.

We suddenly have to add Lord to a name wich is not the real name of God to explain the Chapters after God rested on the seventh day.

Do we have to refer to a Lord God now because Lord God is not thee God, But a celestial body of a higher rank than we are..? But not higher then thee God...?

Who are we supposed to please here is my point. Hebrew traditions or reality (facts)…?

Did God say that we were not allowed to Call him by his real name or was it Hebrew authority. Who really have authority….? Thee God or the Hebrew..?

No Wonder we have all these Idols and have to pray to a cross. Thanks to the Hebrew we are not allowed to know who Our father is by name. Damn all those who pray to the the real creator. Because they were not allowed to pray to him.

Hell... its like we are sill left in the garden east of Eden. Where we get to name all of Our discoveries….. I feel like humanity wants to find its way home. Its like we are in a Place which we dont belong.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Who are we supposed to please here is my point. Hebrew traditions or reality (facts)…?

Did God say that we were not allowed to Call him by his real name or was it Hebrew authority. Who really have authority….? Thee God or the Hebrew..?

I think it's the reality of such things and then traditions followed. God's name is too holy to even be uttered. God is in constant contact with humans, so there's nothing strange for the holy advice to be given to people, to call the Divine by a title only.

Out of respect for God Almighty, we're not supposed to utter God's real name, if He has one that is. Haven't you seen in the scholarly jewish circles, they use G-d to refer to the Almighty, doesn't it show something?! As a matter of fact I don't even like when people use the so called His "real" names like "YHVH", "Yahveh", or even worse "Jehovah", that's disrespectful. In my book they are nothing else but human inventions. Don't you think that calling God by His real name, brings His figure down to our lowly level?!

For me, the terms God or Father are enough.

No Wonder we have all these Idols and have to pray to a cross. Thanks to the Hebrew we are not allowed to know who Our father is by name. Damn all those who pray to the the real creator. Because they were not allowed to pray to him.

Hell... its like we are sill left in the garden east of Eden. Where we get to name all of Our discoveries….. I feel like humanity wants to find its way home. Its like we are in a Place which we dont belong.

I don't think our reference to the Divine by a title only, has anything to do with our spiritual advancement and knowledge in general, on the contrary. Out of respect, my suggestion would be to call God by a title only.

As far as my historical knowledge about this specific subject, it is completely missing. I'm simply offering my opinion here.

Best!

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 08:18 AM
link   

God's name is too holy to even be uttered.

But who is giving us this idea..? Jesus shure dident. Jesus wanted us to worship Our father and pray to Our father. Just like he did.

Who is puting restrictions on us..? If it aint God and it aint Jesus someone else is....

Who does not want us to know who Our father is...? I know of one celestial body and so do you……

Out of respect for God Almighty, we're not supposed to utter God's real name, if He has one that is.

God never put these restrictions on us..... Neither did Jesus. Jesus wanted us to know who his father was. There is a reason why Jesus walked on Earth to forfill scripture….. Jesus got utterly mad when he noticed all these false teachings…. Jesus names all of them…..

How can we fallow Jesus and beleive in God when we are not allowed to know who God is...Our father ?

Utterly stupid...….

Out of respect for God Almighty, we're not supposed to utter God's real name, if He has one that is. Haven't you seen in the scholarly jewish circles, they use G-d to refer to the Almighty, doesn't it show something?! As a matter of fact I don't even like when people use the so called His "real" names like "YHVH", "Yahveh", or even worse "Jehovah", that's disrespectful. In my book they are nothing else but human inventions. Don't you think that calling God by His real name, brings His figure down to our lowly level?!

It is disrespectfull to utter God by a name that God is not. That is described in many different ways by Jesus. But somehow we are not catching that at all....

So that brings us back to Lord God.... Does it not..?

The Lord God of the Old testament is not a good God.... Lord God has to manage his creation and domain on Earth...
Lord God has to shape thee Gods creation according to scripture. It all has to add up......Because the end is already set.

The thing is that Lord God is falling into Gods trap no mather what he does…… THe future is already predicted by God.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Just my 2 cents.

When creation completed God had something to be Lord of.

Before creation God was nobody's lord.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Perhaps ... the Creator is beyond name and form. That never speaks because there is no-one to hear.

Those using the burning bush (shamanism) communicating with lower entities whilst those with heightened minds communicate with heightened entities, that all exist within the creators womb.

What exists beyond that cannot be understood by mind.

Lao Tze's Tao-Te Ching....

The Tao that can be trodden is NOT, the enduring and unchanging Tao. The name that can be named is NOT, the enduring and unchanging name.
Conceived of as having no name, It is the originator of Heaven and Earth; conceived of as having a name, It is the Mother of all things.
Under these two aspects, It is really the same; but as development takes place, It receives the different names. Together we call them the Mystery. Where the Mystery is the deepest is the gate of all that is subtle and wonderful."

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Hi there, I don't think knowing the "real" name of a pantheistic God has anything to do with our knowledge about Him, but I digress.

[...]

Who does not want us to know who Our father is...? I know of one celestial body and so do you……

I know at least one spiritual being, a former authority, that absolutely hates to have people know about our Father and does everything possible to give them that kind of knowledge that destroys beings and life, an "evil" knowledge if you will. His followers aptly call him the "light bringer".

Another thing is that as your knowledge about God gradually grows, then the more at peace you're gonna be with such difficult subjects. Just take one step at a time, try to establish a connection with God first and then take it from there, kindly asking about very sensitive subjects concerning the Divine's Holy real name, if there's such a thing.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: spy66

Did God say that we were not allowed to Call him by his real name or was it Hebrew authority.

Actually God told them the opposite, didn't stop them from developing their superstition regarding the use of God's name though.

Zechariah 13:9 (New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures; Study Edition)

And I will bring the third part through the fire;

And I will refine them as silver is refined,

And test them as gold is tested.

They will call on my name,

And I will answer them.

I will say, ‘They are my people,’

And they will say, ‘Jehovah is our God.’”

Zephaniah 3:9

For then I will change the language of the peoples to a pure language,

So that all of them may call on the name of Jehovah,

To serve him shoulder to shoulder.’

Joel 2:32

And everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved;

For on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem there will be those who escape, just as Jehovah has said,

The survivors whom Jehovah calls.”

Romans 10:13-15 (between brackets is mine)

For “everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved.” However, how will they call on him if they have not put faith in him? How, in turn, will they put faith in him about whom they have not heard? [How indeed?] How, in turn, will they hear without someone to preach? How, in turn, will they preach unless they have been sent out? Just as it is written: “How beautiful are the feet of those who declare good news of good things!”

edit on 16-4-2020 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

top topics

join