It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Past pandemic comparisons

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: tanstaafl

Ya, well some of us dont like being in crowded shops and malls during the best of times

I hate big crowds... but right now, its kind of fun watching the freak show.

How do you know you are not a carrier?

Because I say so. The burden of proof is the one claiming I am. That is how justice works.

The only way you could know is if you either was tested for the antibodies and found you had them or you were just tested for the virus.

I could test negative for the virus many times, and 'still have the virus'.

I could test negative, and in fact not have the virus, walk outside the testing facility, and be exposed.

I could be a 'carrier', and not be 'shedding' (infectious).

Science. Try it sometime.

...taking the advice of the CDC more seriously than you.

The CDC doesn't have a clue when it comes to achieving and maintaining vital health. Their sole concern - in collaboration with the WHO and other similar criminal organizations - is about maintaining the medical mafia's stranglehold on the world, and selling their poisons (vaccines and drugs).

PERIOD.

Heck, I probably am less likely to be a carrier than you but couldnt say for sure.

As I have said repeatedly - each and every one of us has literally trillions of bacteria, and multiple times more viruses in our bodies all the time.

Deal with it.

I'll ignore the rest of your ridiculous, leftist garbage rant that tries to suggest that someone who is proud of the origins of our country is somehow also claiming it was (or is) perfect (yes, it had problems, but they did the best they could at the time), since it is totally irrelevant, and ignores the fact that our country was the one that finally destroyed the institution of slavery (and the concept of women as chattel property of the husband).

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Ummm.. if I sideswipe a car trying to park in the grocery store parking lot, doesnt matter how many times I claim I didnt, weather its provable or not, the fact is, I did.
So, no matter how many times you claim you arent a carrier, I think you just admitted... you, like most people unless they know they had the virus and recovered, have no idea!!

And, you can be proud of your heritage and acknowledge that they had a few screw ups along the way. It would be abnormal if it didnt. The fact is, neither religion or the constitution granted rights to everyone.
And no, it wasn't the us that solely ended slavery or bestowed rights to women... many european countries were ahead of us!!

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Ummm.. if I sideswipe a car trying to park in the grocery store parking lot, doesnt matter how many times I claim I didnt, weather its provable or not, the fact is, I did.

Rotflmao!

Yes... and... ?

So, no matter how many times you claim you arent a carrier, I think you just admitted... you, like most people unless they know they had the virus and recovered, have no idea!

And you just proved you have no clue when it come to the concepts of justice or innocent until proven guilty.

Not surprising, I already knew that, but thanks for confirming.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Reality isnt a popularity contest, it's not dependent on how many you can con into perceiving it your way. Just because everyone once believed the earth was flat didnt change the fact that the earth has always been round.
The fact is, the reality is, you have no idea weather you are a carrier or not. You chose to believe you arent. While from my perspective, I see a significant possibility that you are. Something that you have already admitted to. You cant know for sure you are, so you arent. I cant know for sure that you arent, so you might be. At least admit to yourself this one basic fact of reality.. you might possibly be a carrier.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 07:01 AM
link   

The fact is, the reality is, you have no idea weather you are a carrier or not.

That is correct.

And you have no idea if I am or not. Or if you are or not.

As I said, the tests are pretty much useless wrt telling us who is a carrier. Hell, the tests are pretty much useless to telling us anything, now that we know that a positive could mean you have SARS-Cov-2 - or, it could also indicate you had any one of a number of other corona viruses that have been floating around since forever.

You chose to believe you arent. While from my perspective, I see a significant possibility that you are.

Really? And what, pray tell, are your specific and articulable facts to support such a claim?

Do you have proof I recently came from a hotspot? Or that I was recently in close contact with someone who did?

Did you see/hear me cough? Did you see my scratch my nose?

Something that you have already admitted to.
Excuse me? When did I 'recently admit to there being a significant possibility that I am a carrier of SARS-Cov-2'?

You cant know for sure you are, so you arent. I cant know for sure that you arent, so you might be. At least admit to yourself this one basic fact of reality.. you might possibly be a carrier.

A carrier of what?

Honey, anything is possible. I could be a carrier of the plague. I could be a carrier of the common cold. I could be a carrier of H1N1 - and yes, I could be a carrier of SARS-Cov-2.

So, by all means, if you want to live your life in absolute fear of everyone and everything, by all means, you and hopenotfear knock yourselves out - but get the frack out of my way. I have a life to live, as does everyone else who is not afraid of their shadow.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 03:15 PM
link   

There is a grand total of three avenues of direct contact to the virus for me. Yes, the people handling the groceries that come into my house might manage to pass it to me, or my mailman.. but those are much more remote than my sons bringing it in.
And, I am not living in a hot spot either. But, I still acknowledge that I could be a carrier. My hermit lifestyle isnt the result of this virus. It's related to other issues, but in the rare times I do go out, I am aware of that possibility and take measures to at least attempt to protect others. So, they want me to cover my face, big deal. As soon as I get their danged stimulus money, I'll buy a mask, or buy what I need to make on. Till then i will just avoid contact with other people. Lol.. i even fantasized really going all out and finding myself a burka, just to trigger you conservatives. It would be fun finding out if you find a bunch of people running around your communities in burkas as entertaining as you do people wearing masks.
If i am open to the idea that i am a carrier of this virus, as unlikely as it may be. Why wouldnt I be open to the idea that someone who just attended a church service with a few thousand other people might be? Or recently had a beach party with a few hundred friends? How do I know who has or hasn't in the sea of strangers on the streets? I cant know, which puts me in the position of just having to assume you may have. Which leads to the assumption that you may be a carrier. Since if a am open to the idea that I am with my three contacts with the outside world... I most surely am gonna be open to the idea that you are since you probably have more, have expressed way too many times that you dont believe the virus is dangerous, at least not to you, and seem to not really taking the whole thing that seriously, making fun of those who are wearing masks, refusing to believe the science and what the experts are saying, insisting instead it's all a great hoax to bring down trump.
So, I need to get out of your way, let you live your live... I'm in my house, not in your way in any way. But, I have my doubts that you are gonna be able to live your life the way you want to unless we find a way to alleviate the concerns a rather large portion of the population has and find a way to at least control the speed that this virus rips through the country.
We all ain't drinking your koolaid of delusion. This is worse than your average common flu. Our healthcare system cant handle a full rampage through our communities. Without increased testing we have no idea where any area is standing.. when their peak will be, have they really passed their peak. We can only react, we cant act proactively.
Like I said already, weather or not the govt went overboard by shutting down like they did is debatable and would be an interesting discussing to have. What is needed to reopen it back up now is also.
But, the discussion has to be based on facts and way too much of it is being wasted on finger pointing.
And, I cant even get you to acknowledge that there is no way currently to know who is a carrier and who isnt.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I wonder if the H1N1 and Bird flu were also from (at least in theory) the wet markets?

They've been sending plague here quite often if so.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 10:28 AM
link   

So, I need to get out of your way, let you live your live
We all ain't drinking your koolaid of delusion. This is worse than your average common flu. Our healthcare system cant handle a full rampage through our communities.

The current one can't. One that provides real healthcare, and recommendations for boosting your immune system naturally can handle it quite easily.

Without increased testing we have no idea where any area is standing.. when their peak will be, have they really passed their peak. We can only react, we cant act proactively.

Yes, that is the problem - the current model is and always has been reactionary.

And, I cant even get you to acknowledge that there is no way currently to know who is a carrier and who isnt.

And I can't even get you to acknowledge that we all, every one of us, literally trillions of viruses (and bacteria) in us all the time.

Because of this reality, who may or may not be carrying any one of these trillions of viruses is irrelevant, at least to those who understand this reality, understand natural health and how the immune system works, and do what is required to be unafraid of bugs like this.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join