It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC Director: Coronavirus Death Toll Will Be ‘Much, Much, Much Lower’ than Projected

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yes, I know. But I still don't see what it has to do with my post:

If we had waited even longer to find out what the impacts of an unmitigated outbreak would have been?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

New York is seeing the impact with (late) mitigation. Do you think that an unmitigated outbreak would have been less severe? With or without testing?
edit on 4/7/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
a reply to: KKLOCO

That sucks. I'm sorry to hear this. Must be hell for you and your family. I pray that they're not suffering.

Thanks Shawman. One is a cousin, the other is a very old friend. Both are in a lot of pain and have severely depleted energy. It sucks cuz nothing is helping them for the pain.

How these procedures could possibly be considered ‘elective’, is beyond me...

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I think it scared the media more who after the failed Ebola, Zika, H1N1 and whatever other virus apocalypses didn't occur finally got one to panic the masses like no other.

The media called it a nothing burger at first....

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I think it scared the media more who after the failed Ebola, Zika, H1N1 and whatever other virus apocalypses didn't occur finally got one to panic the masses like no other.

And trump called it a democratic "hoax"

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

So which is worse?

Killing our entire economy and putting upward of 30% out of work

NYC

I hate to say it, but I honestly think the former is worse. That's not say that we need to run NYC all over, but I also think that NYC isn't going to happen all over. Not everywhere is NYC. That's also not to say that some measures didn't need to be taken, but house arrest for everyone in the entire country?

Arresting fathers in front of their daughters in CO for the cardinal crime of playing t-ball in the park as a family?

Arresting paddleboarders for being out on the water by themselves?

Breaking up teacher caravans because they are engaging in non-essential travel?

Setting off sirens akin to the ones from The Purge to announce the beginning of curfew in a town in Louisiana?

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Shelter in place orders should've been followed only for those over the age of 60, or people who had compromised immune systems...NOT BY EVERYONE.

Only if that is their choice. Not just seniors or the vulnerable. But by anyone and everyone. If folks want to shelter-in-place, and/or take other precautionary measures, that is their absolute right and privilege.

Others, like myself, would prefer to just get the virus, treat ourselves accordingly, and be done with it. We also have that right and privilege.

Well made point, Boadicea!

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Maybe you're right.

Maybe the economic and societal impact of what may have been 100s of millions taken ill, millions hospitalized, millions dead. Wouldn't have been so bad. But we'll never know. Too bad.

Arresting fathers in front of their daughters in CO for the cardinal crime of playing t-ball in the park as a family?

Arresting paddleboarders for being out on the water by themselves?

Breaking up teacher caravans because they are engaging in non-essential travel?
Arrests for breaking the law happen all the time.

Setting off sirens akin to the ones from The Purge to announce the beginning of curfew in a town in Louisiana?
Yeah, that's pretty suckey.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Did they? I seem to recall a steady drumbeat of panic but I could be wrong.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   
For you folks talking about voluntary sheltering, what happens to people who want to shelter and are forced by their job to get the virus?

Its a lot of things in this, it's not as simple as you think.

This can turn into all kinds of things you don't even realize at this point if this isn't dealt with.

It is bad, I hate it but it may be the best solution.

Folks have to realize sometimes there is no easy answer to things like this.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 02:57 PM
link   
All of this angst and argument could be put aside if we start churning out at-home antibody test kits.

CorpGov should be mass producing and mailing out to every household.

Take the test, if you've had it, BAM, get out of jail free card.

Controversial but, hey, it's a start.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
For you folks talking about voluntary sheltering, what happens to people who want to shelter and are forced by their job to get the virus?

Ain't no such thing as being forced to retain work in this hot mess, homeslice. Evaluate how much you think you need your job versus how badly you think you need to self isolate.

Go forward from there to make a determination. It's not that effing hard, especially now that virtually anyone can file for unemployment while waiting for their Papa Government Bucks.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Arrests for breaking the law happen all the time.

Now you’ve got me wondering, Phage. Are you the handler? Or are you being handled?

edit on 7-4-2020 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Ain't no such thing as being forced to retain work in this hot mess, homeslice. Evaluate how much you think you need your job versus how badly you think you need to self isolate.

Go forward from there to make a determination. It's not that effing hard, especially now that virtually anyone can file for unemployment while waiting for their Papa Government Bucks.

Your talking about millions of people who depend on their jobs. Everybody doesn’t have a lot of sick time. They can’t just take off and expect their job back.

This is a Hobson’s choice. Sure, they don’t know what they're doing its human beings and this is a new disease.

Also, just about everybody with a big problem, practically the entire Western world, is doing it this way including China did it this way and it seems to have worked for them.

The best way would have been to follow S. Korea's methodology( massive testing) but the American idiots were too arrogant to take the WHO test therefore America was way behind.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Your talking about millions of people who depend on their jobs. Everybody doesn’t have a lot of sick time. They can’t just take off and expect their job back.

Several million newly unemployed are playing the world's smallest violin over your claim.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Several million newly unemployed are playing the world's smallest violin over your claim.

Yeah but now at least they can have a case for keeping their jobs.

My idea is that, sure, they can do this two months maybe, but EVERYBODY, and I MEAN EVERYBODY, who is put out of work should get 12,000 not 1200 dollars.
edit on 7-4-2020 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   
These models these predictions say and do nothing about what is to come for us...
There is nothing saying that this disease wont virtually vanish within 3 months from now...
There is nothing saying that millions won’t die from this as false hopes lead the way to second and third waves much worse than seen anywhere in the World won’t develop...
There is nothing saying new mutations won’t cause this to be untreatable for years...

There’s plenty that says the experts don’t have the answers and plenty to show that mistakes will be made...
Don’t expect to see much change soon at all...
Why release a change in projections so suddenly?
When people start killing their families because of it someone needs to start the sunshine and rainbow machine...

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Soooo... about next week.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: shawmanfromny

And it doesn't occur to anyone that the new numbers are lower because the measures are working?

But don't worry folks, you will always be able to say that the measures weren't necessary.

Nobody around here in Wisconsin is abiding by these measures. People are out shopping their hearts away. Kids are out playing together. I think our state has 77 deaths or something like that.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Swedne hasn't taken much in the way of lockdown measures, and they seem to be doing as well as we are.

There's an explanation of the analysis at the link, but Sweden is carrying on mostly as per normal. And if there should be second or third waves of this, they will presumably have larger percentages of their population with some immunity or at least resistance to those waves.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join