It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC Director: Coronavirus Death Toll Will Be ‘Much, Much, Much Lower’ than Projected

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Oh, there were people fapping away in my 'Big Government Shills' thread telling me the mountain of corpses was right around the corner and that I was a heartless bastard.

They were correct on one of those points.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
I’ve been saying this since Coronavirus became a topic on ATS. I think the CDC should be shutdown and anyone involved in pushing out propaganda that has resulted in destroying our economy should face charges.

You mean like trump....and the rest of his bootlickers.

He's just listening to the CDC. The people who are supposed to be the experts in all of this. You would be criticizing him if he hadn't started listening to them. I don't care much for my governor, but she's just listening to those same (alleged) experts.

We definitely need an investigation into why the models were so absurdly wrong, and into what the thinking was behind the absolutely histrionic over-reaction to this virus. Specifically, was there deliberate fear-mongering (of course there was) in an attempt to push policies that would not otherwise be accepted? (probably)

And yes, level-headed people all over the world have known right from the beginning that the containment actions have been far out of proportion to the actual threat, which is not significantly different than any common strain of the flu.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 12:08 PM
link   

But muh free.....I mean politics!

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Oh, there were people fapping away in my 'Big Government Shills' thread telling me the mountain of corpses was right around the corner and that I was a heartless bastard.

They were correct on one of those points.

Just curious: have they started digging those mass graves in NYC's parks yet? Maybe they can turn them into public swimming pools or skating parks or something when the untold masses of plague victims never materialize.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

I would prefer they leave them open so we have somewhere to toss the mangled bodies of our elected officials into.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: XCrycek

I've been saying for over a month I personally don't trust the statistics and that they were inflated, conflated and over-hyped. There are enough posters in this thread who read them and can attest to this fact.

Still shaking my head as to why you wanted 150 trillion people to die in America.

SMH

According to the "do what your government says" folks, we were forecast to be eyebrow deep in dead bodies right now. Maybe we're supposed to wait until another 2 weeks out for those laughably high counts to come to fruition?

Gotta admit, parking is much better now when I go out to buy all the toilet paper in my local Safeway.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 12:12 PM
link   

THEY started talking about an unknown virus in the media while it was "in" China. Then they showed us the truth with a map of the world, including all the little red dots, showing us where the virus was heading. THEY finally got us all to panic when the toilet paper disappeared from...EVERYWHERE.

Is that what you mean by manipulation?

edit on 7-4-2020 by jsjAmeicanMo because: s

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Did the Impeached Idiot get the guys "really soon" back in to the pandemic team as promised?

+12 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

And it doesn't occur to anyone that the new numbers are lower because the measures are working?

But don't worry folks, you will always be able to say that the measures weren't necessary.
edit on 4/7/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 12:20 PM
link   
What if these courses of action were done in a deliberate attempt to destabilize the US specifically, and the west in general?

Itd be a pretty long term plan, doing things like making sure that portions of the population only view events in isolation. Everything would have to be crafted in a way that both "sides" on a topic work towards the same end, just in different ways.

Conflict (even war..) used to be rather direct and obvious, but I dont think it is anymore.. We dont seem particularly well equipped on that front either. Especially if major sources of social influence (MSM, entertainment media, social platforms, colleges, WHO, UN) have been bought out by controlling interests that directly contradict the premise and founding of the US.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
< clears throat, coughs non-Corona cough >

Every single Panicky Polly that crapped all over threads that urged common sense thinking and disputed those a-skeery numbers owes every one of those thread OPs a big fat apology and to eat that plate of crow.

But....but.....but..... we can’t overwhelm the healthcare system...... 😒

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

They will always claim the new numbers were because of the lockdown.

Do you think they would admit they overestimated the danger?
edit on 7-4-2020 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

And it doesn't occur to anyone that the new numbers are lower because the measures are working?

But don't worry folks, you will always be able to say that the measures weren't necessary.

By the CDC guy's own admission, their models were way, way off. So, it's not even a question of whether the quarantining has done any good of not. It is apparently an established fact that the CDC models were built out of pure bullsh!t.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: Phage

They will always claim the new numbers were because of the lockdown.

Do you think they would admit they overestimated the danger?

Gosh. That's very perceptive of you.
I never thought of that.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 12:26 PM
link   

I enjoy how many people act like they believe TRUMP!!! has caused this whole pandemic mess. WTF?

People, this is and always has been a WORLDWIDE issue...not just the United States. Additionally, just to be clear, I do not believe President Trump has ever had or claimed to have a medical degree of any sort. That said, President Trump has a huge panel of medical experts working around him each with their own opinion...sometimes the "experts" agree, sometimes they don't.

President Trump has done a great job bringing the experts out daily for press conferences and answering numerous questions over and over again. Has he gotten a bit cranky in the last week, yes...HE"S TIRED.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
"Shelter in place orders should've been followed only for those over the age of 60, or people who had compromised immune systems...NOT BY EVERYONE."

Only if that is their choice. Not just seniors or the vulnerable. But by anyone and everyone. If folks want to shelter-in-place, and/or take other precautionary measures, that is their absolute right and privilege.

Others, like myself, would prefer to just get the virus, treat ourselves accordingly, and be done with it. We also have that right and privilege.

Liberty, free will - who'da thunk it...

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 12:28 PM
link   

By the CDC guy's own admission, their models were way, way off.
Yes.

From the article in the OP. You didn't read it?

As you pointed out, those models that were done, they assume only about 50 percent of the American public would pay attention to the recommendations. In fact, what we’re seeing is a large majority of the American public are taking the social distancing recommendations to heart.

edit on 4/7/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Our economy is tanked.
Spending bills now top 6 trillion by some estimates.
Millions sheltering in homes.
Neighbors spying and snitching on neighbors.

This fall, the virus will erupt again, we won't have a vaccine and the go-to response is going to be to destroy the economy again, spend even more money, re-introduce police-state tactics about social distancing.

Of course by 2022 when a vaccine is created, it'll only be 15% effective, yet everyone will line up to get the shot because the government and media has socially engineered such a fear response that at a sound of a cough or sneeze, people will literally be crapping themselves.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

What you don't have is the right to tell others what they must do

But isn't that what our state and local leaders are doing to protect the community? You know, the ones that tell us to follow the "shelter at home" rules or face fines. What "choice" do I have if I can be fined?

It's OK for them "to tell others what they must do," but apparently it's OK for them to break their own rules.

Chicago mayor defends getting haircut after her $500 stay-at-home violation fines: ‘I am the face of the city’

A defensive Mayor Lightfoot said: “The woman who cut my hair had a mask and gloves on, so I am practicing what I’m preaching.”

www.bizpacreview.com... 766?fbclid=IwAR3L2Qv-0EkQ6rdstbB6Mz4VGVgfuYdd-UOsA2OrMfEieksPVAKq2z_cvSk

What about social distancing mayor? Doesn't apply to you, but it does for everyone else, huh?
edit on 4/7/2020 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Sigh. From the link in the OP:

DR. REDFIELD: I think different people may look at it in different ways in terms of transparency. CDC had models early on. We didn’t really publicize the models. We used them internally to understand deviation strategies. I think part of the importance of getting the American public’s attention that these models did, we really need the American public to be fully engaged now with great rigor and vigilance on the social distancing. As you pointed out, those models that were done, they assume only about 50 percent of the American public would pay attention to the recommendations. In fact, what we’re seeing is a large majority of the American public are taking the social distancing recommendations to heart. And I think that’s the direct consequence of why you’re seeing the numbers are going to be much, much, much lower than would have been predicted by the models.

emphasis mine

That's incredibly clear. The predictions assumed only 50% would adhere to social distancing standards thus the original numbers were higher, however more than 50% did so, providing an improved prognosis and lowering those numbers.

This not the Director of the CDC saying that they were wrong or that they lied. He's literally saying that mitigation was effective and changed the equation.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join