It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC Director: Coronavirus Death Toll Will Be ‘Much, Much, Much Lower’ than Projected

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Those items are mostly made via automated equipment.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

AKA the evil automation that is going to put everyone out of work supposedly.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

Have any of you stopped to think that since weve all been quarantined for 3+ weeks that maybe the economic shutdown and social distancinfnmeasures we put into place are working better than expected and are stopping the virus in its tracks?

I have, yes. I work on the front lines ("essential" retail shift leader). We've been trying to get the community to recognize this and it seems they are becoming gradually more appreciative, more cautious, and more gracious to us lowly peasants....slowly but surely.
Next day or so we expect "full face shields" to be shipped to us.....
we've been out of "face masks" of ANY kind (let alone toilet paper and hand sanitizer and spray disinfectants!). They ask why we aren't wearing mask and gloves, and we say "because we don't have any" and mutter: please read the signs when you come in and stay six feet back from me. I'd rather not be here.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Getting them to just do the SIX FEET thing has been like teaching a new language to them....

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: EnigmaChaser
This also ignores pent up demand.

Sure, let's address this.

As soon as the lockdown is over I'm going to the girl who cuts my hair and have her do it 3 times, one for each month I'll miss. Then I'll go to my favorite pizzeria for dinner and since I probably missed 6-7 trips there I'll get 7 pizzas. Same for the sushi place I like. And the they guy I told not to cut my lawn, he can come cut it 10 times in one week to make up for it.

This is real income these people lost and they aren't getting it back. Stop and think about that.

Exactly. They are telling single mom waitresses and hairdressers that they have to stay home. We're forcibly impoverishing the poorest segments of our society, even though those same people (and their kids) have a great chance of recovery -- deliberately lying to them to generate hysteria to justify the actions, and then telling them "Well, we'll make it so they can't evict you for 90 days. You can always become a government dependent or take on more debt from a bank"...

While I personally wouldn't go to a crowded restaurant or to the barber, I am not okay with lying to people and trying to scare them to generate compliance or forcing mass segments of the economy to close. People have the right to make decisions for themselves, to take that personal responsibility for their health, when given TRUE information, not propaganda bull# made up to scare them and dystopian rules enforced at gunpoint.
edit on 10-4-2020 by RadioRobert because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2020 @ 04:56 PM
link   
we social distance and take extreme measures or things are gonna get very bad
-we take those measures and things dont get very bad-

wow, things didn't get very bad...what a hoax.

I swear, some people simply can't think.

anyhow, you are saying its all bs that there could be between 100k - 250k deaths..
its been a little over a month with extreme measures in place, and we in the US have 35k deaths, more coming...which seems it might be far worse than the 250k by the end of year.

This reminds me of when the virus first broke out and people were saying more people die of flu than of this
..its like...no s55t, the flu is deeply embedded in all of society and this is a brand spanking new thing.

I do question the lunacy at times.

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I thought I was the germ freak until this started, you guys have taken it too a new level. I NEVER get sick other than my Hayfever, I don't need meds ever.

Some of you are so afraid that now we can see that you guys can't logically think for yourself or allow any dissenting material to be logically analyzed by you because people in the MSM you would call liars last year, you guys are willing to believe this year. What changed about they are paid liars in 3 months time for some of you? You call the logical ones lunatics like the Progs do to those pro lifers calling 9 month old fetus being aborted murder.

We can't make this stuff up it is so whacked.

How can you have a different opinion when you are brainwashed, IDK? Red pills I suppose.

Many have just ignored or even POO POO those qualified who are coming out of everywhere with proof Dr. Fauci broke the law and allowed these CV's to be in the Flu Vaccines and stressing the immune system of those unable to eat right or get sunshine. Any added stress would send a weak immune system over the top like we have seen of the few people relatively compared to real numbers who have suffered from CV19.
Clearly you have been properly trained to be very afraid.

originally posted by: SaturnFX
we social distance and take extreme measures or things are gonna get very bad
-we take those measures and things dont get very bad-

wow, things didn't get very bad...what a hoax.

I swear, some people simply can't think.

anyhow, you are saying its all bs that there could be between 100k - 250k deaths..
its been a little over a month with extreme measures in place, and we in the US have 35k deaths, more coming...which seems it might be far worse than the 250k by the end of year.

This reminds me of when the virus first broke out and people were saying more people die of flu than of this
..its like...no s55t, the flu is deeply embedded in all of society and this is a brand spanking new thing.

I do question the lunacy at times.

edit on 21-4-2020 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Just came across this open mic. What do you guys make of it? Has the media received a vaccine? Are the testing it before it goes public?

youtu.be...

edit on 21-4-2020 by Suspect1776 because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-4-2020 by Suspect1776 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Just need the stuff after v= in the url to embed. I'll give it a watch now.

ETA: Well, he's talking about the LA serology study. That's interesting. I posted a link to it earlier some where(although they never addressed that on the news tonight...

Doesn't really surprise me that reporters with close access to POTUS have had to get a vaccination, I guess. Even if it's experimental. But that certainly isn't getting aired amongst the doom and gloom either. Imagine reporting that "I got a special vaccination because I'm in the media". I'll dig up the serology thing now.

Here's a link to the LA serology announcement:

LISTING OF DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH PRESS RELEASES
LAcounty.Gov

Los Angeles (April 20, 2020) - USC and the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health (Public Health) today released preliminary results from a collaborative scientific study that suggests infections from the new coronavirus are far more widespread - and the fatality rate much lower - in L.A. County than previously thought.
Based on results of the first round of testing, the research team estimates that approximately 4.1% of the county's adult population has antibody to the virus. Adjusting this estimate for statistical margin of error implies about 2.8% to 5.6% of the county's adult population has antibody to the virus- which translates to approximately 221,000 to 442,000 adults in the county who have had the infection. That estimate is 28 to 55 times higher than the 7,994 confirmed cases of COVID-19 reported to the county by the time of the study in early April. The number of COVID-related deaths in the county has now surpassed 600

Using the smaller derived number gives us a 0.27% mortality rate in LA. Using the larger number gives us a 0.135% mortality rate.
Using the current confirmed cases number gives us 7.5% mortality rate in LA.

This is happening everywhere they do serology samples for antibodies. The case numbers skyrocket and the mortality rate correspondingly plummets.
edit on 21-4-2020 by RadioRobert because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 03:19 AM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert
I wonder if this is connected to the vaccine that Gates supposedly already has.

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 03:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Suspect1776

There are a few different vaccines being tested. I'd expect they got one of them because of who is in the room. Probably other elected officials, too.

You should make a thread about the guy saying everyone there was vaccinated anyway. That's the real story. I'll do it if you have no interest.
edit on 21-4-2020 by RadioRobert because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 03:27 AM
link   
I think everyone has already heard about the mass vaccinations by now. The problem I have with this is the lack of transparency in the testing process. Another reason to never trust the government.

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 03:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Suspect1776

Can agree with that.

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Wait how can this be?

I was told by people on ATS and twitter the Standford Santa Clara study that showed about 50 times more people had the virus (this it was 50 times less mortality rate) was clearly wrong.

So this study must be wrong as well!

These people told us, wer have to shut up and listen to the experts. Oh, but only the experts with the flawed models they agree with, all other experts must be wrong.

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I know! The serology study in Italy among blood donors? Wrong. The random sample of 200 ppl in Chelsea (Boston)? Wrong. The homeless shelter in Boston? Must be wrong. The 60% of asymptomatic cases on the carriers? Wrong, wrong, wrong. All the data is wrong if it doesn't conform to my beliefs!

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 03:38 PM
link   

It's funny how the MSM never questioned the efficacy of the nasal swab type tests, never at all.

Now that the serology tests are strongly suggesting the Fear Factor may be misplaced, that the official narrative is greatly exaggerated, the talking heads are all questioning the efficacy of the tests.

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 06:04 PM
link   
46,000 and counting still and yet people still downplaying the seriousness of this. I guess 46,000 dead isn't enough proof. It's not going to finish in a week.

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: sunikem

It will never finish because it isn't deadly enough to burn itself out.

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: sunikem

No it won't, but what will happen sooner or later is called herd immunity. I think it's happening already. We develop herd immunity, and life goes on.

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 06:54 AM
link   
True but recent info suggests no immunity even if you've had it. Now with everything going back to normal apparently the amount of deaths predicted may be a reality. I hope it's not a reply to: Salander

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join