It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC Director: Coronavirus Death Toll Will Be ‘Much, Much, Much Lower’ than Projected

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
a reply to: Justoneman
The picture I'm seeing is people believing the CDC stats for flu, because it helps them in their denial, but questioning the ones for CV.

Honestly, I don't even care anymore. People are going to believe whatever they want. If all they are going to do is go online and "debate" about it like 9/11, I will not be taking part in that. What does it change?

There is some truth to what you write. When this whole clown show kicked off the first thing I did was start researching stats on US and world wide numbers for flu, pneumonia, and tuberculosis infections and death since that is the closest set of data relative to the symptoms of the supposed Covid-19.

Some of that data I found came from the CDC which I have posted on here many times is a joke of an agency because it is comprised of nothing but revolving door Washington politicians. But its all I had to go on. The data posted there was their downfall compared to the ridiculous numbers the mockingbird media was pumping early on. None of it added up. Ever.

You're right that people are going to believe what they want. This site is full of people in full blown denial over the facts that have been widely available yet apparently they seemed to not care about the past data sets. Only about the doom and gloom projections BS from the daily MSM dump.

I used to say "sheeple" a bit tongue in cheek but damn if this BS fear campaign didn't prove that the general populace is truly and nearly 100% nothing but sheep.

I'm blown away at how quickly and readily people in the US are so willing to allow their civil rights to be ripped away from them by overreacting and overreaching federal and state government.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 05:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Case74282
What on Earth makes you think it will be any different the next time?

The cynic in me says it won't. The optimist in me says maybe will throw a few journalists and politicians off cliffs next time.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 05:36 AM
link   
You do realise that it's not over yet, don't you? It's only now that the death/infection rate has increased in the US. I'm in Spain, been on lockdown 28 days and the death rate seems to be dropping of, only approx 600 per day now. Doesn't seem much does it? Imagine what it would be without confinement to our homes. I agree that we should have freedom to go outside but the virus also has the freedom to kill regardless of laws and rights.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 05:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: sunikem
I agree that we should have freedom to go outside but the virus also has the freedom to kill regardless of laws and rights.

Stay inside until it's over then, in two thousand and never.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

or until there's less chance of dying. I understand people complaining about ruined economy etc. But what good is the economy to you when you're dead? To be honest I think it's just the right time for a worldwide reset of the economy. I see they are trying to keep prices artificially boosted by dumping milk, reducing oil output etc. Because of course they can't let people buy things cheaply can they. The economy has always been a fragile parody of what it could/should be. Maybe a reinvention would be a good thing now.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 06:08 AM
link   

But what good is the economy to you when you're dead?

A failed economy will lead to more deaths than this overblown virus.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Granted, all the more reason to reset now. It's already become a cashless society here, we have to use our debit card in the supermarkets as they won't handle cash. Not sure what will happen when the other shops open after this Easter weekend.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: sunikem

You're off on a rather irrelevant tangent in your support of the erosion of rights.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Maybe. But it wont be the number of deaths you'll get from having it up and running.

Researchers say dirty air is killing 800,000 people a year in Europe, and urge the phasing out of fossil fuel burning

Air pollution deaths are double previous estimates, finds research

I'm not sure you wanna safe the beast that is literally killing us. Humanity is doomed to drown in it's own sh!t and all you want to do is go back to the crapper?

Can we have a few more weeks to think this through?

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Because when we lived in caves without technology and everyone lived at subsistence levels like they do in third world countries it was so much cleaner, more sanitary, there was less disease ... /facepalm

But at least the air they breathed while they starved to death because their crops failed was clean! At least the air they breathed while they died of every plague that came along was clean! At least the air they breathed while they froze to death in the bitter winters or burned to death in deep summer droughts was clean!

edit on 10-4-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Because when we lived in cave

Allegorically speaking, you still do. It's Plato's cave and you're watching the wall of shadows.

Phasing out fossile fuels isn't even close to a devolution back into the stoned age, my dear oiligarch cretin. At least try to catch the drift once a week, how's that?

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion
Maybe. But it wont be the number of deaths you'll get from having it up and running.

Researchers say dirty air is killing 800,000 people a year in Europe, and urge the phasing out of fossil fuel burning

I'm not sure you wanna safe the beast that is literally killing us. Humanity is doomed to drown in it's own sh!t and all you want to do is go back to the crapper?

We should shut down Europe forever then, start with the French, we can lock them in a cave with their bleu cheese.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

We should shut down Europe forever then, start with the French, we can lock them in a cave with their bleu cheese.

Hold on now. We're keeping the bleu cheese

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Fossils fuels will phase out when something actually comes along that can feasibly replace them. It's how the market works. You cannot force that process.

Fossil fuels are what saved the whales among other things. Fossil fuels became cheaper and more available than whale oil, so no one used whale oil anymore.

When something comes along that becomes the new "fossil fuel" to fossil fuels, then people will use that over fossil fuels, but not before. Until then, everything governments do will only create more problems than it solves for everyone by trying to force the issue.

But it's good to know you're less concerned about saving lives from a plague than you are about forcing your previous political agendas. That tells me how seriously you view this.

edit on 10-4-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Fossils fuels will phase out when something actually comes along that can feasibly replace them. It's how the market works. You cannot force that process.

Just burn all the copies of the Constitution for energy production.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

No?

The International Monetary Fund periodically assesses global subsidies for fossil fuels as part of its work on climate, and it found in a recent working paper that the fossil fuel industry got a whopping $5.2 trillion in subsidies in 2017. This amounts to 6.4 percent of the global gross domestic product.

Fossil fuels are underpriced by a whopping $5.2 trillion

Let's see how they'll do without subsidies then. Free market and all that. Ya know...

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

But what good is the economy to you when you're dead?

A failed economy will lead to more deaths than this overblown virus.

I'm convinced logic is gone in America. We operate on feelz and just want to feel like we (goberment) is "doing something".

After 9/11 we invaded Iraq, a country that had nothing to do with it. We lost more lives doing that than in the initial attack we justified it under. The untold amounts of money as a bonus.

Now we're shutting the economy down while spending unprecedented amounts of money. Both sides cheering it on, #TheOnlyWay.

We're so f*Ed.

The 2000's will be remembered as the era America spent all the wealth it didn't have on overreacting.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I'm starting to think it would be better for the virus to wipe us all out. That or a giant meteor since it looks like Cthulhu isn't showing up as promised.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Nature has a way with periodically testing the fitness of species.

I don't see this as the species killer... But our fumbling of this gave some foresight on how we'd handle a real threat, bad.

edit on 10-4-2020 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I'm convinced any time government handles anything it's going to turn out bad at best.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join