It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC Director: Coronavirus Death Toll Will Be ‘Much, Much, Much Lower’ than Projected

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 07:44 AM
link   
The other thing I want to mention is that for a virus that was going to kill, best case, 200,000 in the US alone, it has yet to kill 100,000 worldwide as per Johns Hopkins.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO
Will anybody be held accountable for these over projections, that destroyed our economy?

That’s a big fat NO!

Its a tough call considering the responsibility falls on the very people that overreacted in the first place. You can blame the media for fake news, but all they did was lie. (metaphorically speaking; or to use an analogy as an example:
If a man tells another man to shoot someone; the one that is responsible is the one that shoots.

In other words, if one is naive enough to believe the lie, that person has noone to blame but himself for choosing to believe it. Blaming the media is only scapegoating ones own actions. Sometimes we have to look into the mirror and admit we were wrong. It's all a matter of choice.

I'm not surprised by the news in the OP.
edit on th2020000000Wednesdayth000000Wed, 08 Apr 2020 09:19:41 -0500fAmerica/ChicagoWed, 08 Apr 2020 09:19:41 -0500 by SoulSurfer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
They have another crisis to unveil soon.....China seems to be the current scapegoat. I wonder what those commies are up to now.....?

Not gonna happen.

The Chinese, if not allowed to "save face", are quite capable of initiating WWIII to save face over what they have done.

The powerful people in the world know this and know that face is more important to the Chinese than lives or war. The Chinese would not hesitate to go to war in order to save face. They already initiated a widespread propaganda campaign to blame the US for sneaking US soldiers into Wuhan and purposely infecting the Chinese - really? They will do or say anything to save face, this is deeply ingrained in their culture and psyche.

What will happen, is China will be "let off the hook" publicly. The origins of the pandemic will be quietly swept under the rug.

Then China will begin to show it's moral superiority and "generosity" by giving nations large "gifts", so they do not appear to be being punished, but rather generously saving the world.

As for death projections: OF COURSE they are lower than projected.

The models were based on a faulty premise. That NYC is representative of the rest of the US. NYC jams tens of thousands, if not millions into tight enclosed spaces every single day - buses and the subway. NYC streets are jam packed and people are practically inches from each other every time they go onto the streets. This is not representative of the rest of the US.

ALSO with swift quarantine measures from infected countries, and swift lockdowns etc, the number infected had to end up much much lower because fewer people who were ill would be spreading the virus.

THIS IS NOT NEWS - it is normal considering the response of the US to the virus. This is what was supposed to happen by shutting everything down and making as many as possible stay at home.

This is a huge DUH

But Trump will take the blame as per usual for "lying" to the people about a need for a shutdown when it actually worked.

Just as he was excoriated by the press and the loyal opposition the moment he stopped flights from China and other countries. I expect to hear this all over CNN, MSNBC, NY Times, ABC, NBC, CBS any moment now, "Trump lied, not enough of us died to justify the lockdown".

Where if there weren't a lockdown, they would say "Trump lied, more of us died because he didn't do enough". That is how the US works these days and the political strategy of the loyal opposition, divide, conquer, spread hate and blame on anyone who doesn't agree with you.

edit on 4/8/20 by The2Billies because: addition format

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

The Chinese if not allowed to "safe face" are quite capable of initiating WWIII to safe face over what they have done.

Do you mean "save face" ?

www.merriam-webster.com...

If you are not a native English speaker...idioms can be tricky!

I see you were able to "save face" with a simple edit.

edit on 8-4-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
That is the problem. People keep saying to date...

The death toll has had a slow ramp up but in the last 6 weeks it went from 2.8K deaths to 83K deaths. And that is with many countries locking down much tighter than the US.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

They are also telling us that it will reach its peak this week in many places in the US too.

It's going to have to work hard to reach 200,000 when it hasn't even hit 100,000.

edit on 8-4-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
a reply to: The2Billies

The Chinese if not allowed to "safe face" are quite capable of initiating WWIII to safe face over what they have done.

Do you mean "save face" ?

www.merriam-webster.com...

If you are not a native English speaker...idioms can be tricky!

I see you were able to "save face" with a simple edit.

It was a typo, if you had waited a few minutes, I fixed it as soon as I saw it.

But thanks for pointing it out within seconds of posting it.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

They are also telling us that it will reach its peak this week in many places in the US too.

It's going to have to work hard to reach 200,000 when it hasn't even hit 100,000.

With all the measures put in place by the evil, awful, horrible Trump administration who can do nothing but lie to the American people - well it won't hit 100,000.

That is what these unwarranted, unjustified, actions as the media will call them as soon as the new numbers come out, were meant to do.

CNN and MSNBC and the rest of the mainstream media (ABC,NBC,CBS, NY Times, The Atlantic) and the Democratic Party will repeat the above over and over and over.

How Trump screwed up and destroyed the economy because the numbers were much lower than projected,

they will say it wasn't because of what liberals have deemed the evil, nefarious measures taken to stop the spread,

they will say it is because Trump is a liar and all conservatives are evil, horrific, stupid people who are never to be trusted.

This is how the sycophantic media lapdogs of the Democratic Party and the elite politicians who power the Democratic Party will react and behave.

Totally predictable. Do not work with anyone who is not a Democrat on anything, as all conservatives are evil, horrific and want us all to die. You know the usual Democratic Party, mainstream media line to foment hate and distrust of everyone who is not a Democrat.

edit on 4/8/20 by The2Billies because: addition

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 09:57 AM
link   
The last projection I saw was 100k+.

Italy peaked about a week and a half ago but they still doubled their total deaths from then until now. Not once have they registered under 500 deaths in a single day. Usually well above that.

They are at 17K. Just going by population it should be about 5.5x that in the US. That would give 93.5K without counting the deaths yet to come from this wave and any other waves that might pop up.

edit on 8-4-2020 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Liberals: Trump handled this WRONG! Millions are going to die because he LET THEM! He should have listened to the CDC instead of cutting their resources!!

Trump: According to the CDC, the worst is yet to come, we will be doing good to keep the death count between 100,000 and 200,000.

CDC: It looks like the death count will be an estimated 80,000 now, and that could continue to fall.

Liberals: Trump should have NEVER listened to the CDC! He crashed the economy and MUST be removed!

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Italy has also had way more deaths per case than the US.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 10:12 AM
link   

True but the US death to recovery rate is around 33/66. With 402K cases that would put the projection at 132K deaths. Not counting new cases or a shift, for better or worse, in that ratio, after this snapshot.
edit on 8-4-2020 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: shawmanfromny

From left to right to up and down, people applying just a smidge of critical thinking can see this as a facade for something else.

The next presidential election?

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
The last projection I saw was 100k+.

Italy peaked about a week and a half ago but they still doubled their total deaths from then until now. Not once have they registered under 500 deaths in a single day. Usually well above that.

They are at 17K. Just going by population it should be about 5.5x that in the US. That would give 93.5K without counting the deaths yet to come from this wave and any other waves that might pop up.

So based of "your #s" we will be at a .003% U.S. death rate with our population at 330,000,000.....

Lolz🤪

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Lowest I've seen USA numbers in the past 3 weeks.

www.worldometers.info...

Fewer new Covid-19 threads on ATS too.

edit on 4/8/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

It's not my willingness or not. I'd be tilting at windmills. There's no one to fight. How can I take on my state or the feds? Where would I even start? I'm just one guy, I can't do squat and I'm really tired of being called out about something I had no control over.

Still no answer from the person I asked the question. I wonder if I'll ever get one.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Last week the state of Virginia predicted 3,000 people would be killed there by coronavirus. Today Virginia lower that prediction to 891.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Last week the state of Virginia predicted 3,000 people would be killed there by coronavirus. Today Virginia lower that prediction to 891.

Bet its lower than that?

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   
OK I have a small list of ATS members who constantly spouted fear and media propaganda , in-particular they constantly repeated the death count.

In short they bought into this " Pandemic " hook line and sinker . Saying the deaths could be into the 100's of thousands even millions .

Now I want to make new topic and call it the "wall of shame" , but I'm almost sure if I do I will be banned almost instantly so I wanted to see what other memebers thought ?? Should I make a wall of shame?

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

But, Chris Coumo has "covid".... how dare you????

Lolz🤪

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join