It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What It's REALLY Like To Care For COVID ICU Patients:

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I found the first video from Duc C. Vuong, general surgeon 3 days ago and looked for more from him this morning. This video is what I happened on this morning is an interview with another ER doctor working in Westchester, just north of NYC. One thing she said that I took note of was the same senerio I considered when coming back home. Strip down to your underwear before entering the house and immediately get into the shower. Keep the mask on until you enter the shower. It's worth a watch.

edit on 7-4-2020 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

Another notable mention is the # of deaths compared to cures in the hospital is 25% death rate. Virtually all that are ventilated die or may as well die.

Hydroxychloroquine She claims it doesn't work.

4.6 Mortality rate.

@ 24:35 they start talking about the reasons for the healthcare systems problems. It starts out blaming insurance going private.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
when coming back home. Strip down to your underwear before entering the house and immediately get into the shower. Keep the mask on until you enter the shower. It's worth a watch.

Um no.
I do not work in a hospital with a lot of sick people.
Totally unnecessary.
I go for walks outdoors and see maybe 5 people total, all from across the street or farther.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

I am not you and you are not me. Get It? So don't watch it, I don't care. Snark!

She claims Hydroxychloroquine doesn't work.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

Regarding ventilators they are finding that those damage the lungs more than help them. This disease seems more attune to altitude sickness, where the patients need O2 and not pressure.

Sorry but I do not have time to watch the full video, but thank you for posting.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 12:32 PM
link   

This is one persons opinion, based on their own experiences and observations.

I don’t agree, believe nor trust what they are saying. Everyone wants their 15 minutes of fame.

Sorry.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shadys321

This is one persons opinion, based on their own experiences and observations.

I don’t agree, believe nor trust what they are saying. Everyone wants their 15 minutes of fame.

Sorry.

LOL I can't stop laughing. What are your experiences and observations? Please tell us. LOL
This is funny that so many are so self consumed they cant see the person in front of them.

The original post is still open for edit for a few more mins.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 02:10 PM
link   

There is actually a better treatment than putting them on a ventilator. It's called a hemolung which functions like traditional dialysis. It removes CO2 and replaces it with O2 in the blood. Unfortunately, it's stuck in FDA hell and can't seem to move despite the fact that they are pushing through drugs which may provide treatment.

www.nextpittsburgh.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: CIAGypsy
The drugs are being pushed because Trump has shares in them

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Yes I've seen that doctors' video too regarding his findings about altitude sickness and not pneumonia or other pulmonary illness. Very interesting indeed....be a damn shame though to discover that because of incorrect intubation people died and NOT because of covid 19
That would be an awful thing to have to live with as a doctor or nurse

(post by tjack removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: violet
The drugs are being pushed because Trump has shares in them

Can you prove that allegation?

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 04:41 PM
link   

At 13:00 she says, "Of the recovered cases, 21% of those are deaths."

Wait, WHAT?

They include deaths in the "recovered" statistics? Shouldn't that be "resolved" or some other term than "recovered"?

Do the data on the Johns Hopkins statistics site reflect this? Or did she misspeak?

edit on 7-4-2020 by OuttaHere because: Corrected grammar

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Also, I'm not really buying her cavalier statement, "When I think I had it.." and then she goes on to explain that her cousin was sick and tested positive, and that subsequently she herself had symptoms, which were mild and then she felt better...

Ummm...

So, has she been tested? If she knew from her cousin's test that she had been exposed, she works in health care, and she is currently treating people in the ICU, WHY has she not been tested herself?

Something fishy here.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: OuttaHere

I suspect the total numbers of cases is subjective while the hospitalized are where the recoveries and died come from. 25 percent of those going into the hospital don't come out alive. And of those going on a ventilator virtually none survive.

Why buy half a million ventilators for dead people.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: OuttaHere

It's not fishy. They are actual doctors on the front line. General surgeons.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 12:43 AM
link   

I can’t prove anything.

www.nytimes.com...

edit on 9-4-2020 by violet because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-4-2020 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 01:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: violet

I can’t prove anything.

www.nytimes.com...

Some associates of Mr. Trump’s have financial interests in the issue. Sanofi’s largest shareholders include Fisher Asset Management, the investment company run by Ken Fisher, a major donor to Republicans, including Mr. Trump. A spokesman for Mr. Fisher declined to comment.

Another investor in both Sanofi and Mylan, another pharmaceutical firm, is Invesco, the fund previously run by Wilbur Ross, the commerce secretary. Mr. Ross said in a statement Monday that he “was not aware that Invesco has any investments in companies producing” the drug, “nor do I have any involvement in the decision to explore this as a treatment.”

As of last year, Mr. Trump reported that his three family trusts each had investments in a Dodge & Cox mutual fund, whose largest holding was in Sanofi.

Ashleigh Koss, a Sanofi spokeswoman, said the company no longer sells or distributes Plaquenil in the United States, although it does sell it internationally.

Several generic drugmakers are gearing up to produce hydroxychloroquine pills, including Amneal Pharmaceuticals, whose co-founder Chirag Patel is a member of Trump National Golf Course Bedminster in New Jersey and has golfed with Mr. Trump at least twice since he became president, according to a person who saw them.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 01:17 AM
link   
People are dying at home here in Vancouver. Age40-50 ish. You cannot get tested or go to ER unless you are dropping dead.. struggling to breathe is not an emergency - you are in fact still breathing, go home if you’re sick

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 09:23 AM
link   

I guess ICU doctors who get symptoms are not getting tested, or at least they weren't in the early weeks. I am reading from other sources that front line medical personnel (nurses, emt's) who feel sick are told to stay home and self-isolate for 14 days. Presumably she did that when she felt sick.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: violet

I have wondering about this, telling people to only come to the hospital if you can't breathe.

It's like telling a pregnant woman to go to the hospital when she feels the urge to push. By then it's often too late. The baby will be born at home or in the ambulance.

Awfully hard to call an ambulance if you're not breathing. Also, when you gradually decrease someone's oxygen levels, low blood oxygen can deprive you of reason before you go unconscious.

My mom has frequent episodes of low oxygen, and when she does, she's not congnisant that it's happening. By its very nature it makes you dull witted or even altered.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join