It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Venezuelan naval boat rams passenger cruise liner, damages itself, sinks

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Video emerges.

www.thedrive.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Bigburgh
...and I've yet to see a response from Germany.

Leaning towards they didn't find it funny. But that's mostly a failing of the German psyche.

I'd say it's more of a language thing. German humor doesn't translate well.

Political humor/satire whatever is pretty popular there.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
Video emerges.

www.thedrive.com...

From the source:

"Venezuelan officials have said that they cannot rule out that Resolute was "was transporting mercenaries to attack military bases in Venezuela," but it is unclear if this was why they had sortied out the Naiguatá to investigate the cruise ship in the first place. The Resolute was sailing from Buenos Aires, Argentina to Willemstad at the time and was officially carrying no passengers."

Think there's any merit there? Sounds like an excuse from the Venezuelan government.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

Thats embarrassing.

Well looks like we may just be going to war in south America. FFFFFFFFF

edit on 7-4-2020 by HelloboysImbackguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

Riiiiiiiight. And I have some swamp land to sell them.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: AutomateThis1

Riiiiiiiight. And I have some swamp land to sell them.

Hey now, people are really missing out on swamplands.

It's one of the best places to hide things.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 09:04 PM
link   
This particular incident doesn't make sense - Venezuelan says the cruise liner had commando landing boats
www.forbes.com...

The Venezuelan Navy has retweeted what it claims is evidence that the ocean liner RCGS Resolute was carrying inflatable boats for commandos to carry out raids. This is part of a narrative that the Portuguese-flagged liner was involved in a plot to land mercenaries in Venezuela. On March 30 the liner collided with a Venezuelan patrol ship that was attempting to stop it. The patrol boat capsized and sank while the liner, which is ice hardened, was largely unscathed.

Didnt Trump declare he's sending a navy down to South America to tackle Narco's?
www.military.com...

MIAMI — President Donald Trump announced Wednesday that Navy ships are being moved toward Venezuela as his administration beefs up counter-narcotics operations in the Caribbean following a U.S. drug indictment against Nicolás Maduro.

going to be lots of strange news articles coming out i rekn

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Lol crappy CIA Job!

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Bigburgh
...and I've yet to see a response from Germany.

Leaning towards they didn't find it funny. But that's mostly a failing of the German psyche.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3
a reply to: Bigburgh

I dont think anyone needs to do anything.

as the cruise ship did everything that was needed...lol they sank themselves and that in its self is impressive/embarrassing enough.

if they had hurt someone or gotten the boat that would be a different story, i wonder if it was officially sanctioned

There should be liability for damage to the cruise ship.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

Won't be long before America gives them the freedom they so richly deserve.

They already have it. They are free from the horrors of capitalist exploitation and toil.

Long may they thrive!

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gravelbone

Does the Cruise captain get a medal or something?
Thank you for your service, Capt. Stubing.

Not many civilian Cruise ships in pease time
can say they sank a war ship in battle.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

Won't be long before America gives them the freedom they so richly deserve.

Well im sure someones going to, if their own NAVY is starting to attack civilian vessels in an attempt to hold them for ransom.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

I mean , thats interesting, but if those boats are STILL on that vessel then it would seem that the nefarious plan either hasnt taken place yet, or someone is fake news.

The whole venezualan state is starving, including their military , i wouldnt put it past them to try and hold people hostage and commandeer their food stores

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 02:07 AM
link   
The USA has been trying to invade Venenzuela for years as usual the media always,starts pounding the war drums and fake stories

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

this just shows how efficient , prepared and calcutaling the germans are - they fitted the vessel with " commando assault craft " - when she was built - just to be ready to invade venezuala in 2020

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 03:00 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

To be honest. They look like plain old RHIBs to me. They can be used for anything.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Act of piracy

The VZ intended to loot the ship of anything valuable and hold it and crew for ransom

Question was it the action of a rouge local commander looking to make some quick cash or sanctioned by higher ups

Have to see if VZ attempts to seize any more civilian vessels transiting area - if so odds are good US Navy/Coast Guard craft in area will respond to distress calls

At that point could be trouble

As for warships being sunk by collision - there were several instances during WW II

Most famous was QUEEN MARY ramming and sinking light cruiser CURACAO

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 03:17 PM
link   
As a Venezuelan, I hope Trump obliterates that narco-communist regime...thank you America!

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
This particular incident doesn't make sense - Venezuelan says the cruise liner had commando landing boats
www.forbes.com...

The Venezuelan Navy has retweeted what it claims is evidence that the ocean liner RCGS Resolute was carrying inflatable boats for commandos to carry out raids. This is part of a narrative that the Portuguese-flagged liner was involved in a plot to land mercenaries in Venezuela. On March 30 the liner collided with a Venezuelan patrol ship that was attempting to stop it. The patrol boat capsized and sank while the liner, which is ice hardened, was largely

Didnt Trump declare he's sending a navy down to South America to tackle Narco's?
www.military.com...

MIAMI — President Donald Trump announced Wednesday that Navy ships are being moved toward Venezuela as his administration beefs up counter-narcotics operations in the Caribbean following a U.S. drug indictment against Nicolás Maduro.

going to be lots of strange news articles coming out i rekn

Pretty sure those inflatables take the cruise passengers closer to the icebergs. Like in picture "D".

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join